shape
carat
color
clarity

My new pear set by DBL!! Pics!!

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone :D

So, here is my new baby. She's a 2.07 L color SI1 clarity chunky pear! She is not exactly my engagement ring (that's the picture in my avatar) but I will definately be wearing her as an alternate E-ring. After finding PS a few months ago I decided that I HAD to have a pear! Just fell in love with the shape (which I always thought I hated). Anyhow, after a long time doing research I decided that color really doesn't mean anything to me and in fact, I really like the warmer tones. My e-ring is an I but I found myself LOVING L and lower stones as long as they were cut extraordinarily well. So, after sourcing the stone and getting a PHENOMENAl deal from Barry at Excel Diamonds who was an absolute doll and put up with my constantly changing mind and annoying emails I finally had my pear.

After meeting with David at DBL we came up with a great setting and after much back and forth between haloing pink diamonds and white diamonds I decided on the white. David was amazing to work with and very patient and very, very cool and the ring looks amazing. Sometimes she is really really white and sometimes she is like ginger ale. Without further ado...Btw..my ring size is 7 but I get my rings a little big because I swell.

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039_0.jpg

036.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is Gorgeous! I really love it with the two wedding bands. Its really beautiful!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
yum yum, it's gorgeous!

who said you only have to have one engagement ring, right? :naughty:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
GOrgeous! I love the shape of your pear - just like a teardrop.

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Rosetta, Vesper and TyTy!! I so love it! I just harassed my husband to come and take the photoshoot! He thinks I'm nuts btw..I guess he just doesn't get us PS'ers lol. I really need a tripod

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooohhh breathtaking ring!!! I'm all about going lower (or higher?) on the color scale because I love the larger size you can get. Good job on the setting.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kiki, your ring is just stunning!!! :love: :love: :love:

Your pear is gorgeous, and it's very well cut. What are the dimensions? I love how much larger pears face up, they really give you more bang for your buck. I am really loving the L color, it's so luscious. I think warmer diamonds have more personality and life to them since their hues can vary in different lighting.

The halo really showcases the stone, and it's done nicely. The pic with the two eternity bands is almost too much to bear. Talk about a bling party! LOL!

Congrats, and enjoy your new beauty! Do you have pics of your original e-ring?

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Love the setting, love the pear, and love your nail color!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness, that is a stunning ring! It has great size and finger coverage and I love the color of it too! It is just a big 'ol WOW!
Congratulations!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
SWEEt!! I :love: :love: :love: your new ring. The pear is to-die-for. I love the look of the warmer colours and own an L myself. Your ring looks wonderful with the wo bands. Wonderful!!!!!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
So so pretty!!! I'm really coming around to pears myself so I understand where you were coming from!

I love how you said it reminds you of ginger ale. That is such a fantastic correlation and I so see it in the photos!

Enjoy your new beauty!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I love pears too! :love: The shape of yours is wonderful - the proportions are just perfect! What a great alternate ring! Enjoy it! :appl:

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
platinumrock said:

Your pear is gorgeous, and it's very well cut. What are the dimensions? I love how much larger pears face up, they really give you more bang for your buck. I am really loving the L color, it's so luscious. I think warmer diamonds have more personality and life to them since their hues can vary in different lighting.

The halo really showcases the stone, and it's done nicely. The pic with the two eternity bands is almost too much to bear. Talk about a bling party! LOL!

Hey Platinum Rock :D

Thanks so much!! I love the different personalities of this stone! Every time I look down it's different. I also LOVE how much bang you get for your buck with pears. The dimensions are:

10.73 x 7.23 x 4.54
Depth: 62.7%
Table: 58%

It definately looks larger than a 2 carat. I love the look with the bands but I'm scared of scratching up the setting so I haven't been wearing it like that unfortunately.

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
platinumrock said:

oops forgot. This is my engagement ring. It's two tone and almost like the old bypass rings. I love it. It's 3.2 total weight about. Each stone is about 1.30.

041.jpg

libramom

Shiny_Rock
KikiD your Pear halo is TDF :love:

Delicious :lickout:

Congrats!!! your a lucky lady

LM

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new pear halo is absolutely lovely. I walked past DBL last week and wished I had the time to stop in. I'll have to make a point of doing that next time I'm in the city. That setting is very pretty.

Can you tell me who made your diamond bands? I'm looking for a four prong per stone band.

DisneyBride828

Shiny_Rock
wow....i loooove both your rings!! would love to see a handshot of your e-ring. Love your new pear!!!

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
gemgirl said:
Your new pear halo is absolutely lovely. I walked past DBL last week and wished I had the time to stop in. I'll have to make a point of doing that next time I'm in the city. That setting is very pretty.

Can you tell me who made your diamond bands? I'm looking for a four prong per stone band.

Hi. Thanks :D I picked it up at a jeweler market where I know the jeweler not too far from my house in Long Island. I got a pretty decent deal on it I thought. If you are near Long Island I could tell you where or give you the number and maybe you could order one like that. Lemme know :D

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
DisneyBride828 said:
wow....i loooove both your rings!! would love to see a handshot of your e-ring. Love your new pear!!!

HI. Thank you!! Here you go...

039.jpg

DragonEyce

Rough_Rock
Both rings are beautiful. Wow, you are very lucky and have a great eye for ring design.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've got some beautiful rings for sure!! I love them both, the pear is absolutely gorgeous and I love the by-pass design of your ering. Both are stunning, you must struggle with deciding which one to wear!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results