shape
carat
color
clarity

My new pear from Diamonds by Lauren! (it''''s Ellie!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
I have been reprimanded for not showing my new pear here! I''m sorry! I''ve been so busy, but I will correct my grave mistake now
3.gif
Thank you to all the wonderful ladies who helped me make my decision on this pear, namely Valeria, Lumpkin, Lorelei, DiamondLil, and FireGoddess. Special thanks to David @ DBL for helping me in my desperate search and for finding me my dream pear. He was an absolute joy to work with, humorous, patient, and understanding. I wouldn''t hesitate to do business with him again!

1.52ct. pear
L color, hence the name "Ellie"
SI2 (completely eye-clean)
9.24 x 6.33 x 4.13mm
depth: 65.2% (a little deep)
table: 57% (a little small)
med. blue fluor.
polish: VG
symmetry: VG

I know it doesn''t look great stats-wise, but the whole package in person is SO great. It is a beautiful, sparkling, bright, well-cut pear set in an WG cathedral mount. I''ve yet to see any hint of a bowtie! For an L color, I am definitely surprised by how white it faces up. True, it''s not a blindingly icy white, but it''s a wonderful warm, ambient winter white. I am so happy to have this ring, but since it''s going to be my E-ring, BF hasn''t actually given it to me yet. He let me take it to get a few pictures, but hid it in his office safe as soon as I returned it. I hope these pictures whet your appetites
1.gif
I''m sorry for the sad state of my nails, but I haven''t had time to get a mani. Also, my nails are short because I''m in and out of vinyl gloves at my office all day, I have to set a good example for my piano students, and am also the pianist at my church, so no clacking on the keys for me!

The pictures with the black backgrounds are from David. Sorry I''m such a bad newbie that I have to post each and every picture seperately!

here she is loose.

ellieflash.JPG

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
here is the mount, raw and organic looking. I''ve never seen a mount in this state before. It looks completely bare bones, head not even soldered on yet, unpolished. Wait till you see it finished!

cathedralunfinished.JPG

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
here she is, finished!

ronellie2.JPG

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
sideview

ronellie3.JPG

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
in the box as received.

ronellie11.jpg

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know why it looks so tinted here, it doesn''t look that tinted in real life
7.gif

ronellie10.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pictures
9.gif

I hope it will not be a long wait to see this baby on your finger. If this is any help, rest assured there are a few others waiting for the same thing: you to receive the ring and we to see it in it''s intended place
2.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
requisite handshot, just for you Ana!
1.gif
I had to beg BF to let me do a handshot
2.gif

elliehand1.jpg

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
edited: wrong picture, sorry!

elliehand2.jpg

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
here''s # 2

ellieshand2.jpg

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
here is a color/size comparison between my RB .53/F/SI1 and my 1.52/L/SI2. There's an obvious tint, but looks great to me nonetheless! And no, I won't/don't wear them together like this on the same finger!
23.gif

Sorry for the picture overload! I'm just TOO excited. I will do some handshots in sunlight if the sun decides to come out this weekend. We have to attend BF's cousin's wedding tomorrow, hopefully I don't get too many questions about when we'll be getting engaged. I don't want to be tempted to tell them we have the ring already!

colorcomparisonellie.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
No need to apolgize they are scrumptous! Ellies is yummy!
18.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2005 3:40:23 AM
Author: CoutureFemme

I don't want to be tempted to tell them we have the ring already!

He, he... I don't think it is the color that shows the most difference between the two rings.
5.gif
No wonder you are happy with it! It looks hard enough to find a nicely shaped brilliant pear. Good for you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!! Big shout out for the warmer colours!
30.gif
Ellie is SPECTACULAR!!!
36.gif
Perfectly beautiful! I have been looking forward to seeing Ellie set and it was worth the wait!!! I am so happy you are pleased with her, I know what you mean about the " ginger ale" tint form the side in some pics, my L can look like that in pics, but doesn''t actually in real life. I know you will love wearing her, congratulations - warm colours rock!
emsmilep.gif
emotion-19.gif
Great job Miss Couturefemme and David!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow! congrats on a beautiful diamond ring!! thanks for posting the two together. the L looks fabulous!!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Ellie has such a nice shape, CF.
30.gif
I hope you get her on your finger for good very soon. Thanks for all the pics! You know we NEVER get tired of that.

ETA: You'll have to change your avatar to show Ellie off!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore Ellie, she is sooooo beautiful. Really elegant I have to say. I love the simple setting too. Enjoy!!
30.gif
36.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, so sparkly! It''s a BEAUTIFUL pear shape! I hope we get to see more hand pics soon! :)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your new pear is gorgeous! So much sparkle. I hope you get to wear it soon!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t see a tint at all really in that comparison picture and the other photos look wonderful!!! Definitely not YELLOW at all! YAY...I think it''s a great size and looks lovely on your hand...congrats!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~What a beautiful diamond!! I love your ring!!
30.gif
30.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
that diamond is seriously gorgeous!!! no yellow in sight
30.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
You lucky girl!!! It’s beautiful! CONGRATS!!!
36.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Couturefemme, that pear is YUMMY!
30.gif
Congratulations to you and your sweetheart!
36.gif

BTW what is the honker on your avatar?
23.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am just loving this ring...a truely tasty pear! What sort of wedding band will you pair with?

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
WOW CF, that is beautiful! How cruel of your sweetie not to let you wear it, LOL! Such sweet pain, waiting for that proposal, LOL!

You got a winner. There is no bowtie at all in your pictures, and the sparkle is crazy! I can''t wait for more pictures.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much ladies! Lorelei, jcrow, JDgirl, SanDiegoLady, Patty, Mara, bling*diva*, rms, KristyDarling (I know you like Ellie already
2.gif
, Rascal49, Ries! I value each and every one of your compliments, my diamond and I are blushing furiously now! You all are so nice and generous for taking the time to comment! I''m still shocked about the comparison picture I took. There doesn''t seem to much of a color difference and I always thought I was color-sensitive.

Ana, I agree with you. In person, the pear is so much more sparkly and HUGE, it''s obvious which rock is better cut, even though the round is "ideal" 60/60.
Matatora, in my current setting, the BF would like to see it with 2 blingy bands. I can''t disagree with that! I''m thinking shared prong half-eternity. I would like to have them made in rose gold, though. I like the look of RG + WG together.
DiamondLil, I will change my avatar soon - as soon as I can get myself to take down that picture of the honker.
kaleigh, I originally wanted something custom-made, so this was to be a temp. setting. However, this seems to be so perfect as is.
Leila, it is some huge diamond from the Krupp estate, I wish it was mine! It''s 48ct. and a pretty warm color. I seem to gravitate towards the warm ones!
Lumpkin, I''m so excited about the undetectable bowtie! I was so afraid after that one picture David sent me.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that sounds yummy!!!! You are going to have one blingy left hand!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results