shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Leon Mege Engagement Ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoxyLady

Rough_Rock
He purchased the stone from USACerted. We were extremely happy with the service, prices, everything! Martin is great and got us exactly what we wanted.

Here are the specs:
GIA 1.23 carat F color, VS2 clarity, ex cut, ex polish, ex symmetry
6.88x6.92x4.27
Depth 61.6
Crown Height 16%
Pavilion Depth 42.5%
Cutlet None
Table 54.3%
Girdle medium
HCA= 0.9

Leon was great to work with. We met him at his office in the city and designed the ring together. My boyfriend came home yesterday after work with roses and proposed to me! We had a very nice dinner afterwards. I am so happy with my ring and my man!

30.gif

I did the best I could with the pics, it''s harder than I expected!

RoxyLady1.jpg

RoxyLady

Rough_Rock
Another one. I can''t figure out how to upload more than one at a time? I have a few more!

RoxyLady2.jpg

RoxyLady

Rough_Rock
That''s it. It really is a beautiful stone. It has great H&A''s and fire. The pics don''t do the stone and setting justice. I love it!

Roxylady7.jpg

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
wow you have an absolutely beautiful diamond and ring! taking pics is harder than it seems, i spent hours trying to get decent ones of mine.

congratulations!!!

RoxyLady

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the kind words. I took a few more pics that show the setting off better. Not to be a psycho, but everyone''s pictures really helped me when I was trying to figure out what I wanted. I had it set very low/ no cathedral, so I think pics might help someone interested in doing the same. One thing is that the ''low'' setting can make the diamond appear a little smaller.

RoxyLady10.JPG

RoxyLady

Rough_Rock
Thanks for looking! This website and all of your expertise, info., pics., etc. helped us immeasurably.

RoxyLady11.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect! Congrats!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! Congratulations to you both. The setting is really dainty and the prongs really enhances your stone.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT! What a beautiful setting and gorgeous stone!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! Leon does beautiful work. Congrats.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! As usual, Leon does great work. It''s a beautiful classic ring.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It''s a classic beauty
36.gif

pannini

Shiny_Rock
hi roxylady! gorgeous ring! so classic of course! i noticed the "donut" of your ring is pretty delicate/small. did you request it that way or it came that way? also, did he give you options of how high you wanted the diamond or he made it low because he does to most of his rings?
and finally, how wide is the shank? is it less than 2.0 mm wide?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, love the stone. The setting is so classic. Enjoy and congrats!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous, congratulations on your engagement!

RoxyLady

Rough_Rock
PANNINI

Long story short, he was a pleasure to work with. I went in really wanting a bezel set ring (my boyfriend did not!!). We both liked the Cartier 1895 solitaire. In talking with Leon, my ring sort of "became" what it is today. Leon talked us out of a tapered shank. He recommended a "full round" band, again talking me out of comfort set or a more 'flat' modern band. He said that the round band is stronger and to the eye appears more narrow (and even showed me). I knew that I didn't like a cathedral and I knew I wanted the ring set low. I want to wear a thin plain band with it, and I will have room to do that. I did say I wanted it to be very delicate, I didn't want to see a lot of metal in the setting. Didn't mention anything about the "donut" ;-) .

I basically let him guide me in my selection. I felt like he was an expert, and I wanted something beautiful. However, I got the sense that he would have done whatever I asked him/ wanted.

The band is 1.8 mm. Again, I thought I wanted it thinner, and he talked me out of it. He said it would be a little too weak (I admitted that I am very hard on my hands).

Hope this helps! He is worth every penny and honestly, he is not that much more than other jewelers and ready made settings (Sholdt, etc). I LOVE my ring, I am so glad I listened to him!

Thanks again for you kind words ladies!

audball

Ideal_Rock
What is your ring size so we can get a perspective? Beautiful ring btw!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results