shape
carat
color
clarity

my new eternity band too big

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I finally received my SP eternity band. It''s gorgeous and sparkles like mad! Problem is I ordered a 4.5 but the ring came out closer to a size 5 (comparing it with my other rings). Do you think SP will fix this problem? Can they fix this problem?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
why don''t you ask them ?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would call Isaac tomorrow and let him know. Most likely he will say send it back and they will send you one in your proper size.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
To my knowledge anyways, eternity bands can''t be sized down unless sizing beads etc.

We once ordered a 4.5 eternity band it was actually a 4.25, they remade it completely for us.

Hope you get it fixed!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Same thing just happened to me with my bands from SP. David and Issac could not have been nicer. I sent both bands back and they put sizing balls in them. Worked perfectly. I really needed a size 5, but had them sized a 5 1/8 in the beginning. It was a fast and painless experience.
(not wearing them yet, they are my anny gift, which is Jan.7 )

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''ll give them a call tomorrow. I tried it on again, definitely not a 4.5. I''m able to wear it it on my middle finger which is normally a 5.25. Hopefully they are open over the holidays. Sigh, I was hoping to wear it over xmas and new years. Oh well=( This ring is for my wedding band and I''m not getting married until May so my fiance says this is what I get for trying to sneak in the ring a couple of months early! haha! I couldn''t resist!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
haha, tell your FI its better you snuck to try it now than before the wedding and then find out its too big! my original wedding band was too small when it came in, and FI wasnt gonna let me even see if it fit, so I took it one day and tried it on, and it got stuck! i had to get it cut off
7.gif

Good luck and I am sure it will work out!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2005 8:08:55 PM
Author:CareBear
I finally received my SP eternity band. It''s gorgeous and sparkles like mad! Problem is I ordered a 4.5 but the ring came out closer to a size 5 (comparing it with my other rings). Do you think SP will fix this problem? Can they fix this problem?

if they made them in the wrong size i''d have them remake them. it one thing if you ordered the wrong size but if they came out wrong that''s on them and i''m sure they will make good and fix it. I agree, give them a call and see what they say.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I spoke to Isaac today and he couldn''t have been nicer about it. He''s willing to remake the ring even if I''m the one who measured wrong=) Though he insists that they check every ring before shipping it out and it definitely is a 4.5. He asked me to bring it to a local jeweler to have the ring and my finger checked for size and the ring turned to be just a tad bit shy of a 5. I guess I''ll call him tomorrow and let him know. There shouldn''t be discrepancies between different jewelers'' sizing tube thingies right?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The mandrels can be different. When you take it to the jeweler have him slide your eternity band on a newer one. The older they are that''s when there can be descrepancies. You should be fine. HTH, good luck!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh''s right. There can be differences in the sizers. Ultimately it would be best to use the same one SP''s does. Do they have one they can send you? I ordered my eternity band in a 3.5 plus and another jeweler measured it a solid 3.5. My quest ring was supposed to be a 3.5 and ended up a 3.25 somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results