shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ering setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more try to get a picture of Fred in but I think I may be pushing my luck here.

ETA: Yay! It worked!
Fred was also a stray and has asthma so no one wanted to adopt him so I asked my dh who was my df at the time(he has tons of allergies and in fact has just reached his 5 year allergy shot mark!!) and Greg said sure! So we added another addition to our family.
emlove.gif
Fred is about 5 and a half years or so.

billynfred.jpg

Autumn Dreams

Rough_Rock
Your wedding set is really pretty! Where did you get your setting from? I checked your post but couldnt find. Was it a custom piece?

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings! Beautiful couple! Beautiful wedding photos! And of course your cutie pies Billy and Fred! You really have quite a bit of bling there. Be careful while your driving cause you''re either going to blind yourself or blind another driver flashing that around!

Oh I love opals!! I''m not crazy about the white ones because they don''t sparkle enough for me, but I cant wait to see your other pieces!

And yes, that''s my silly cat. I have two-- the one pictured was a stray.. got him when he was 4 weeks old & weighed in at 12oz. Adorable. He looks cross eyed in the picture, but he''s not
21.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Autumn Dreams.
My husband and I bought the eternity band at Wedding Ring Originals on Lexington and 57th in NYC in Jan 2004. It was custom made. My ering at the time was a platinum solitaire so I am not sure why I chose the shared prong eternity band except that I just liked it. I certainly was not at the point of thinking how would it look with my ering. When I got it finally I did not love the way it looked with the ering but I said nada to my sweetie since it was very expensive at the time and he wanted me to be happy..and I was...just not with the way the 2 rings looked LOL.

Finally I decided on the setting for my ering that I just love with the eternity w band. And it only took 4 plus years to do it
2.gif

I got the new ering setting at jewelry store near our jersey shore house and it was also custom made. I had been looking and looking but I didn't like the way anything looked with my eternity band at all. A number of friends/jewelers etc suggested I get another w band to go with whatever ering setting I wanted but I so wanted to keep my original w band that we had picked out together. I had already changed my ering twice and just wanted to leave my original w band. Other people suggested I wear it on my right hand but my husband said he preferred I wear it with the ering (awww) and I prefer that anyway. Leaves my right hand free for some other yummy rings anyway
31.gif

Anyway I decided to go with my gut instinct and make the ering setting just like my w band- into a shared prong full eternity with 10 point stones. I was nervous as I was waiting for them to make it as I had promised myself (and my husband) that this would be the final e ring setting LOL and it is difficult for me to visualize which is why I so wanted to see one before I decided. But unfortunately I could not find anything like this at all so I had to trust my instinct.

It only took them about a week before the jeweler called that it was ready and just waiting for the main stone. So we went and voila! I really do love it. I was worried it would take away from the main diamond but in person it does not. I don't think it is too blingy (is there such a thing??) either and it just sparkles.

I do wish I had known about Pricescope before! I just became computer literate(if you can call it that as I am challenged around all things technical it seems) about 18 months ago though anyway. I didn't know about all the great deals and gorgeous rings on Pricescope but that's what future anniversaries, birthdays, valentine's days are all about!
face23.gif

Have you chosen an ering yet? I tried doing a search but couldn't find it.

Hi didiamond,

Wow!!! Your ring collection is breathtaking!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And Billy and Fred appreciate your compliment and they send some hearty meows your way LOL.

Hi that someone special,

What are the names of your two cats?
I would love to see a pic of your other cat when you get the time.
Your cat in the pic is so adorable...precious!!!

And I am looking forward to posting pics of the very fiery black opal and my other stuff. I just need to do them justice and I will also reshoot (hopefully better this time) my ering and wedding band.

Best wishes,
Missy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results