shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Emerald Cut Halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Several weeks ago I posted the long story of how I mysteriously chipped the center stone of my engagement ring but had a very positive experience working with my insurance company to secure a replacement EC stone. The new stone was so beautiful that I decided not to reset it in my less than beautiful ER mounting. Instead, I got a new home for the new stone courtesy of Dimend Scaasi and here it is. I am very very very happy!!!! Did I say I''m happy?

newringonrighthand.jpg

momothree

Shiny_Rock
The previous picture was on my right hand, where the ring will probably be worn the most. However, it can also be worn on my left hand alongside my eternity band.

newringonmylefthand.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!! I''d never seen an EC in a halo before and I love it! Your halo is so refined and elegant!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW, it looks awesome!!! I''d be happy too. LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
And, just for fun, here''s a side by side comparison with my old ring. If it''s not too terribly boring, I will post some more pictures tomorrow once I can take pictures with natural light. The halogen desk lamp simply does not do this ring justice...

sidebyside.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! that''s one of my new favorites! It looks GREAT! I love the elegant halo.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is lovely! Make sure to add it to the "show is your EC" thread.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I really, really, really want it...oops, I mean love it
2.gif
3.gif
hehe.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Yowza! Incredible!
I never thought of an emerald in a halo but it is spectacular.

Happy New Ring!
lovely!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, more pictures
36.gif
please!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is just beautiful and I have never seen another one quite like it. It makes a bigger statement on your hand than your old ring. You did good and yes we'd love some more pics of it!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I need more info!!!!

First, that stone is beautiful - and so large on your finger! Have you posted the specs? I''d love to know what they are on that big beautiful EC!!!!

Second, I love the setting! The thin shank sets off the stone and halo so well - and the halo fringe is a really nice frame for the EC!!! How wide is the shank?

Beautiful!!!
36.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of my new favorites on PS as well. I just love emerald cuts! That side-by-side comparison is really amazing. The ring looks so much better now (no offense).
18.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for the wonderful compliments!!!

Here''s the specs for FireGoddess (whose ring was one of the inspirations for my own, I should add...):
1.30 ct
H, VS1
7.80 x 5.38 x 3.39
Depth 63.0%
Table 61%
Girdle Thin
Culet None
Finish VG/VG
Flourescence None

I just got my ruler out to measure the shank. It''s a half eternity ring and it seems to be about 2mm wide on the metal and about 1.5mm where the stones are. I asked for a teeny-tiny shank and I guess that''s what I got!

Just curious, what do people think about the ring worn in combo with the eternity band?

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Lizz: No offense taken. I had "issues" with my ring for years and the stone accident just gave me an excuse to take action!
21.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the specs - I just love it and I can''t get over the dainty shank and that big stone and halo - it''s perfection! It reminds me of an icy pond with glittery snowflakes around it. YUM.

I think it looks good with the eternity band and that even though the eternity band is pretty substantial in size it doesn''t overpower the center stone with halo. I am a matchy matchy girl to some extent so I think it would look DIVINE next to a thin eternity band...
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m speechless!!!!! [jaw dropping]

I think it''s incredible and it looks great with your band. It has a lot of zing to it, now that it''s in that dainty halo!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s stunning. I never thought of an emerald diamond in a halo (and EC cut emerald, but not diamond) and it''s really a gorgeous ring. I like it even more than your last ring.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2006 12:05:11 AM
Author: FireGoddess
It reminds me of an icy pond with glittery snowflakes around it. YUM.
You do have the best descriptions FG, it is like an icy pond with glittery snowflakes! Yum is right - it's beautiful, congrats MO3!!!
30.gif
30.gif

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
Ooooooooo! It''s lurrrvely!!!

Absolutely beautiful
30.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful, I have never really seen a halo-setting with an EC before- enjoy it and congratulations!

jokerselsa

Rough_Rock
I absolutely ADORE!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your set.
Your setting is exactly what I would love to see my 3 emerald cut stones set in. It''s so dainty and elegant.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous! Congrats!
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
A very beautiful reset! It looks just gorgeous in the halo! Dimend Scaasi did a fantastic job. Wear it in the best of health.

I wish you well,

Bridget

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for all the nice words. I just got a chance to snap a few pictures by daylight. Much better....

collageofmynewechalo2.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did I mention how HUGE it looks too?
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results