shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Emerald Cut Halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Great pictures. Thanks for posting them. I love
30.gif
looking at your ring!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I love it!! Stunning ring... I LOVE ECs!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the side by side pic of the old setting and the new halo is awesome. what a difference the halo makes. It really does make your stone look bigger and I just love the setting.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
very pretty Momothree

It''s lovely

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
And we love the new avatar picture!!!
1.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is just GOURGEOUS!

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful re-set! It really does make the EC look huge.
You are a great photographer too...it is so hard for me to take clear, crisp pics of ECs...
Anyway, congrats on your new ring! It is gorgeous!!!!
30.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Thanks folks. I have had the ring in my possession since last night but have yet to wear it out of the house! I think I might feel a bit self-conscious. I''m sure with practice I will get over it...
GGLW: As for photographing ECs, I agree that it is difficult. Try standing outside or sideways by a window. Play around with the light until it shines just right, then snap!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,beautiful choice!!!
30.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It looks awsome mom of three!
36.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! awesome! i havent seen an emerald either with a halo! I LOVE the contrast of the sleekness of the EC with the sparkle of the rb''s!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I too love the contrast between the two types of stones!
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 12:05:11 AM
Author: FireGoddess
It reminds me of an icy pond with glittery snowflakes around it. YUM.
I think your description is perfect, too.
30.gif
30.gif

it''s gorgeous... I totally aspire to own an EC someday (and a cushion.. and an asscher... and...)

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I think that this ring is beautiful!!!!! I love it, MOT. Just a beauty.

shay

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
simply DIVINE!!!! I love it!!!!
The new setting really showcases the diamond well!!!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Love it. It''s very refined.
I love the contrast of an Emerald Cut with a round melee halo.
It looks huge by the way!

Scintillating...

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Wow! So many nice comments!!!
I keep thinking of FireGoddess'' icy pond and snowflakes description -- such a happy way to think of my ring.
I should add that working with Dimend Scaasi was a piece of cake. Isaac is awesome -- very service oriented and just a really nice guy.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2006 6:23:02 PM
Author: momothree
Wow! So many nice comments!!!
I keep thinking of FireGoddess'' icy pond and snowflakes description -- such a happy way to think of my ring.
I should add that working with Dimend Scaasi was a piece of cake. Isaac is awesome -- very service oriented and just a really nice guy.
A happy way, and a true way to think about it! It totally reminds me of that!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it looks double its size. Great setting.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Momofthree, it is gorgeous!!! I am also a mom of three and I have an e/c. I LOVE them. What size was your original stone? Do you know how it chipped? Scary, but you seemed to have made out okay!!!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
That is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the halo on your EC (I have a halo too). Your first setting was beautiful but this one knocks my socks off!
30.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Hey Diamondfan! How funny that we both have 3 kids and E/Cs (as well as a predilection for wearing "anticipatory" workout clothes, as I recall from another thread!). As for my ring, my original stone was almost the same carat weight (1.25 old vs 1.30 for new). They both have about the same depth so they don''t face up too differently size-wise but the new one is more rectangular than the old (1.45 L/W ratio vs 1.27). The big difference is that the old one had a very large table and the new one has pretty ideal measurements -- less "glass" and lots more flash!

I have no idea how I chipped the old stone. One day, I just looked down and saw what I thought was some dirt on the girdle. I went to rub it off and then, when I felt the edge was sort of jaggedy, realized that it was a chip. I can''t remember ever whacking the ring, but I guess I must have. Since I don''t remember anything, I imagine that the damage was done a while before the actual chip came off (I didn''t wear the ring daily, so I could have done it days or weeks before). I do agree that everything ended very well, especially since I had no particular interest in getting an upgrade. That would have been tough since my insurance policy was replacement only -- no cash.

Is your ring around here anywhere? Would love to see it!

Atroop and Moonriver: Thanks!!!!

Tension7

Shiny_Rock
love it, so much bigger!! how about a flower shot, thx from one mom to another.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
This ring is beautiful, I''ve never seen anything like it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Momofthree, I am trying to get some pix up. I do not have a digital camera at the moment but I had, when I got my second upgrade, sent some awful pictures to Lorelei. It was months ago and since I did not have a great camera then (no macro) it looks weird, but if she can find them she will help me post them. I no longer have them, and she needs to do some searching! I have three boys, and I live outside Philadelphia! I am sorry about the chip but sometimes there is a silver lining to things!

darling

Shiny_Rock
Momofthree, that is a lovely ring.
Diamondfan, I would love to see some pictures of yours.
Guess what: I also have three kids and an EC.
36.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
36.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It''s sooo beautiful! I love it!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
MOT--I had a dream about your ring last night. Don''t remember the dream, but just that your ring was in it. Just thought I''d let you know since I''d be flattered if someone dreamt about my ring!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll probably dream about this ring tonight! Wow!
30.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Thanks MarieMarquis, DRH, Darling, Jelly, Lauren!

Marie: Is that gorgeous three stone? Yummy!

Darling: Funny about the three kid e/c thing. Wonder if there are any more like us out there in PS land?

Lauren: I don''t remember if I ever posted to the thread on your ering but I LOVE it. Simple, elegant and truly unique.

Diamondfan: I have three girls; perhaps some match-making is in order! Sons of moms with nice diamonds usually buy nice diamonds for their ladies -- or so I have observed. We''re outside Chicago so we''ll have to work out the details of a long-distance romance or two or three..

Lizz: Verrrry interesting!!!! If you remember any details, I''d love to hear more! I had a dream about my ring a couple of nights ago too, only it wasn''t exactly my own ring - it was more like my old setting but with a much larger stone and the stone came out while I was swimming. Hmmmm, maybe we''ve both been spending too much time on PS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results