shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I am the one who bought Marriahlyn''s 1.48 SI1, J colored stone.
9.gif

This stone is an AGS 1. Marriahlyn bought it from SuperbCert a year and a half ago. It''s NOT a SuperbCert, though. It was one of their specials. As soon as I saw it, I wanted it. BUT, we had just replaced the diamond in my wedding ring with the SuperbCert .95, I, I-1. So I knew it was out of the question.
8.gif

Marriahlyn bought the stone and put it into this stunningly gorgeous setting...

wfpavebezel1.JPG

When she decided to sell the ring a few weeks ago, my heart went pitter-pat.
30.gif

As gorgeous as her ring was, though, I knew that I did not need another ring. I have a beautiful wedding ring already and I have my sapphire and diamond 3-stone ring which I still love. I rarely wear rings on my right hand so I really do not need or want another ring. But marriahlyn said she''d sell the stone and setting separately, I began my campaign for the diamond.

Believe me, it took some convincing to get the mean man I married to agree to buy this stone. Somewhere in my pleading and negotiating, I think I might have promised to put the stone away until my next MAJOR gift giving occasion which is my big birthday coming up in 16 months.
5.gif

So, the stone arrived today and it''s gorgeous. I totally went for size on this one. There is no way I could ever have convinced my hubby to buy me a 1.5 carat diamond that would cost $10k or more. This one was a great deal. And it''s as beautiful as my superideals to my eye...so far, lol. I think I might have to get it set into a temporary setting though just to look at it and check it out safely over the next 16 months. Don''t ya think? I mean, I would hate to drop it out of the stone holder. And I would not wear it out of the house. Hardly ever, I bet.

So here it is...

jaimebinclusion.jpg

I took pictures all afternoon and did not get any great ones. But here are a few...

Patty

Ideal_Rock
A size comparison to my wedding ring .95c stone. Do you think this new one will look right in this ring? I''m planning to put it in my wedding ring and then make a pendant out of the .95c.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Patty, you lucky girl. I love that stone and yes it will look terrific in your setting. Yay for you!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I loved that ring the day Marrriahlyn got it!!!!!! Did I miss a thread somewhere, because I don''t remember hearing that she wanted to sell it. What a beautiful stone!!! And what a beautiful ring it was. Why did she decide to sell?

Congratulations, Patty. It''s fabulous!!!!!!!
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my goodness. I love it. I am so glad it''s getting a PS home. It will look beautiful in your band. Congrats.

shay

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patty!
36.gif
I am so excited for you. The new diamond is beautiful!
30.gif
I think it will look great in your current ring and then you could really have some fun with your .95 ct. Any pendant ideas? Oh, my wheels are turning. Do you HAVE to wait 16 months to switch them out? Also, as always, I know I have said this before but I love your three stone ring. Those sapphires are amazing.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Patty,

It''s gorgeous! Congrats on the beautiful stone!! I think your old stone will make a beautiful pendant!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
The new stone is going to look GORGEOUS in your setting.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Plus having a .95 pendant will be really nice. Perhaps you can put a Ritani-type halo around it. That would be stunning too.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats on getting such a great stone at a great price.

Wear and enjoy it in the best of health.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 6:55:21 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Patty!
36.gif
I am so excited for you. The new diamond is beautiful!
30.gif
I think it will look great in your current ring and then you could really have some fun with your .95 ct. Any pendant ideas? Oh, my wheels are turning. Do you HAVE to wait 16 months to switch them out? Also, as always, I know I have said this before but I love your three stone ring. Those sapphires are amazing.
Oh, yeah, I have to wait to switch them out. We''ve spent way more money on diamonds in the past two years since I found this board than we ever dreamed of. This last one was really kind of pushing it.

As for pendants, I think my .95 will go into a yellow gold 3 prong setting. I have a sapphire/diamond pendant in white gold in the works right now, so if I put the .95 into yellow gold I will have a matching ring/pendant set in both white gold with sapphires, and yellow gold. So when I wear my yellow gold wedding ring, I''ll wear the yellow gold pendant and when I wear my sapphire/diamond ring, I''ll wear my sapphire/diamond pendant. (matchy poo)

And thank you for the compliment on my 3-stone ring. I still adore it. I wear it about as often as I wear my wedding ring. I pair it with my band of 3 pointers when I wear it on my left hand.

Thank you for you compliments kaleigh, diamondlil, shay, SanDiegoLady, Jelly and craftygrrl too!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Can''t wait to see that baby in your wedding set! The 0.95 ct will make such a stunning size pendant as well.
36.gif
30.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Oh Patty! how wonderful for you!! What a gorgeous stone and I think it''s a great idea to put that in your ring and do the pendant with the current one. I really don''t know how you are going to wait 16 months though!!
32.gif

I just convinced my DH for a new ring too so I giving you a big high five!!! Yay!! Congrats and enjoy!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHAHA PATTY!!!

When MariahLynn was saying Barry sold her stone to a PS'er I just KNEW it was you. I even told someone I thought it was Patty.

Why? Because you are a secretive deal-loving whore! Just like I am a secretive size-loving whore!
5.gif

So I'm soooo happy to see that you got it and I think putting it into your ring setting is a fabulous idea....I think that proportion would look better than the stone you have in there now and a .95c pendant is a DIVINE idea....I can't wait to see pictures!

Don't you hate those mean husbands who make you promise unbelievable things just to get another diamond (or an upgrade!!
31.gif
)...I mean what is up with that? Did they take pre-husband howtotorturethewife classes or something?
9.gif

Congrats!!! It's lovely!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Oh Patty, it is gorgeous!!! And it will look fantastic in your ering setting
30.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am so glad that stone went to a good home! I remember very well when she posted pictures of her new ring. I always thought it was so pretty and was sorry that she was ''disassembling'' it! But it got a new owner to love it just the same. It should look beautiful in your mounting (althought it ain''t a bad solitaire)

How are you going to wait that long? I''d be crazy - but I guess all good things are worth waiting for.

Best wishes to you and congrats for putting a good deal together for yourself!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you Patty!! I am so happy to hear that it was you that got the stone because I remember you posting on DT that you were so sad when that stone was sold because you had been watching it for a long time - heck I had been watching it too. It was a great deal then and it is a great deal now. It must have meant to be yours!!
2.gif
36.gif
It will look absolutely awesome in your setting!

BUT - 16 months??!!??!! We could get a petition going on your behalf!! lol
9.gif

Heather

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowser Patty! I don''t know anything about the story behind this diamond, but I have to tell you I wanted to jump into those pictures and pretend I was "I dream of Jeanie!" LOL! Gorgeous!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty
35.gif

NO,NO,NO !!!!
38.gif
let me talk to your hubby
27.gif
how can you let a beautiful stone like that sit around for 16 months.how can he sleep at night,when he''s torturing you like that? tell him he could go to jail for doing that.it''s illegal.
34.gif

it can''t be that expensive
20.gif
all you need to do is change to a bigger head on your ring. right?
33.gif
congrats
36.gif
beautiful stone.
30.gif
10.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow Patty, it looks incredible. I love the size and agree it''s going to look killer in your current setting. I don''t think I could wait 16 months though, just knowing it''s sitting there
32.gif
. of course, i have to wait on my husband for my own upgrade and have no idea when that will be
32.gif
39.gif
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, Patty! That looks just like the stone I was trying out the last week! Same kind of ring holder anyway! Lol! I think I will end up with my current yellow set and a white set, too. And now you have inspired me to set the 1ct. diamond I will eventually inherit into a 3 stone with gorgeous sapphires like yours!

The new stone will be PERFECT in your yellow setting! That band is substantial and can really handle the larger stone! Congratulations! (And listen, we need to move up that date. I told my husband I wanted to celebrate out next anniversary ALL YEAR, so I am looking for my upgrade 10 months in advance! I think it''s only fair that you celebrate the big birthday for the year leading up to it!)

What is BTD or whatever you posted with the For Sale board? This kind of situation is going to be a big downside of not having PM''s anymore.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
LOL. You all are cracking me up here. Thank you for your comments DF, mara, FireGoddess, slammie, Rascal, MissGotRocks, hlmr, monarch, mrssalvo, and diamondseeker !
35.gif

Slammie, spill the beans. What are you getting for your new ring?!

hlmr, you have a good memory! I remember when this stone appeared thinking, "I can't believe I just bought a diamond for my wedding ring!" Of course, it was much more expensive than the one I had just bought. But thank you for saying it was meant to be mine. I'd like to think that!

Mara, I'm not only a secretive deal-loving whore...I'm also a secretive size-loving whore! And for me, this is HUGE! Oh, and I bought it from marriahlyn, not from Barry. I'm glad that you think it will look fine in my wedding ring. My concern is that the sides of the diamond will hide the closest side stones. That is how my mom's ring is that I had re-made and it bothers me some.

Yes, diamondseeker, it is somewhat similar to the stone that you had from Wink only it's smaller. But it is one of those "not quite" stones, lol. And I can't wait to see you get a three stone with sapphires too! The BTD board is BetterThanDiamond.com. It specializes in Asha CZs but they have a "buy sell trade" board where people buy sell and trade things. Be careful if you go there...it's dangerous to your wallet. Here is the link:

http://www.betterthandiamond.com/discussion/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0

mrsalvo, be strong waiting! Any idea of when your upgade will be?

DF, getting this baby set is not an issue of money. It's the principal of me not needing or deserving another diamond right now. I mean, of COURSE I deserve it, but there is no occasion...no reason for me to have a new diamond. I wish all men felt the same way about diamonds that you do.
2.gif

I'd be happy just to set it in my Stuller Solstice that currently holds a CZ and then I could just look at it and play with it until my 50th birthday. But today my husband jokingly asked me on the phone, "So did you put it in the lock box yet?"

Do you all remember when I got the .95 for my wedding ring? That was in August and it had to be my Christmas present. Well, I got it set in October and then hubby let me start wearing it shortly after that.
21.gif
Somehow I don't think that will happen this time, though. But shoot, when I turn 49 this summer I will be officially BEGINNING my 50th year, right?
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patty, I think you can convince him to let you have it early
31.gif
turn on the charm!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 588px">Date: 2/10/2006 10:14:52 PM
Author: Patty

LOL. You all are cracking me up here. Thank you for your comments DF, mara, FireGoddess, slammie, Rascal, MissGotRocks, hlmr, monarch, mrssalvo, and diamondseeker !
35.gif

Slammie, spill the beans. What are you getting for your new ring?!

hlmr, you have a good memory! I remember when this stone appeared thinking, ''I can''t believe I just bought a diamond for my wedding ring!'' Of course, it was much more expensive than the one I had just bought. But thank you for saying it was meant to be mine. I''d like to think that!

Mara, I''m not only a secretive deal-loving whore...I''m also a secretive size-loving whore! And for me, this is HUGE! Oh, and I bought it from marriahlyn, not from Barry. I''m glad that you think it will look fine in my wedding ring. My concern is that the sides of the diamond will hide the closest side stones. That is how my mom''s ring is that I had re-made and it bothers me some.

Yes, diamondseeker, it is somewhat similar to the stone that you had from Wink only it''s smaller. But it is one of those ''not quite'' stones, lol. And I can''t wait to see you get a three stone with sapphires too! The BTD board is BetterThanDiamond.com. It specializes in Asha CZs but they have a ''buy sell trade'' board where people buy sell and trade things. Be careful if you go there...it''s dangerous to your wallet. Here is the link:

http://www.betterthandiamond.com/discussion/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0

mrsalvo, be strong waiting! Any idea of when your upgade will be?

DF, getting this baby set is not an issue of money. It''s the principal of me not needing or deserving another diamond right now. I mean, of COURSE I deserve it, but there is no occasion...no reason for me to have a new diamond. I wish all men felt the same way about diamonds that you do.
2.gif

I''d be happy just to set it in my Stuller Solstice that currently holds a CZ and then I could just look at it and play with it until my 50th birthday. But today my husband jokingly asked me on the phone, ''So did you put it in the lock box yet?''

Do you all remember when I got the .95 for my wedding ring? That was in August and it had to be my Christmas present. Well, I got it set in October and then hubby let me start wearing it shortly after that.
21.gif
Somehow I don''t think that will happen this time, though. But shoot, when I turn 49 this summer I will be officially BEGINNING my 50th year, right?
31.gif

Exactly what I was thinking! And thanks for the link, too!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 10:25:03 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Patty, I think you can convince him to let you have it early
31.gif
turn on the charm!
Thank you for you confidence in my charm!
10.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Hey Patty,
Don''t you need an Easter diamond?????? I''m so glad you like the stone. I loved it too but it was time for me to fix my original wedding set and I couldn''t do it without selling this. I have another RHR project coming up soon too. DH doesn''t buy or even like jewelry so I''ll have to BEG him to pay for the new setting for a 9X5 beautiful stone my MIL gave me....it''s a garnet that''s so red it looks like a Ruby which is my birthstone.

Anyway, enjoy the diamond.....it was big to me too!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 11:04:42 PM
Author: marriahlyn
Hey Patty,
Don''t you need an Easter diamond?????? I''m so glad you like the stone. I loved it too but it was time for me to fix my original wedding set and I couldn''t do it without selling this. I have another RHR project coming up soon too. DH doesn''t buy or even like jewelry so I''ll have to BEG him to pay for the new setting for a 9X5 beautiful stone my MIL gave me....it''s a garnet that''s so red it looks like a Ruby which is my birthstone.

Anyway, enjoy the diamond.....it was big to me too!
Awww, thank you Jaime! Thank you so much for sellng it to me! And yes, in the midwest, a 1.5c stone is BIG, lol.

I just wish I could get pictures of it that were as clear as yours. I''ll keep practicing. :)

Ooh, your garnet project sounds great. Post pictures when you get it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2006 10:14:52 PM
Author: Patty

DF, getting this baby set is not an issue of money. It''s the principal of me not needing or deserving another diamond right now. I mean, of COURSE I deserve it, but there is no occasion...no reason for me to have a new diamond. I wish all men felt the same way about diamonds that you do.
2.gif

I''d be happy just to set it in my Stuller Solstice that currently holds a CZ and then I could just look at it and play with it until my 50th birthday. But today my husband jokingly asked me on the phone, ''So did you put it in the lock box yet?''

21.gif
Somehow I don''t think that will happen this time, though. But shoot, when I turn 49 this summer I will be officially BEGINNING my 50th year, right?
31.gif

23.gif
haven''t your hubby heard of Feb 14, V-day? i think he needs a man to man talk.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results