shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Daniel K Asscher band!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

I picked this up today :) It''s a 4.69 F/G VS Daniel K asscher eternity band.

My only concern is that it is a size 5.5 and it fits perfectly right now but it''s winter and I''m worried it might not fit in the summer. BUT, I''m also 8 months pregnant right now and I''m usually 30 pounds lighter so do you all think I''ll be okay size wise? Jeweler says that because of the "U" shaped setting, he''s found that the Daniel K runs a little big. I''m just really worried about the size because it''s an eternity band which of course can''t be resized and it was an expensive purchase. I would appreciate your thoughts. What would you do?? Try to get a size 6???

And... how do you like it with my engagement ring? TIA!

I''ll start the picture show!!

upcloseHHband.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!! How does it fit compared to your other rings?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous band!
30.gif
I think you''re fine size wise--esp because your pregnant--I imagine your finger will shrink a little post baby--to make room for summer?

I LOVE the band!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely band - love the U-prongs! I''ve never tried one on - are they comfortable, especially between the fingers? And how yummy that it''s a full eternity.

As for the sizing issue, that''s a tough call. Is this your first baby (congrats, btw)? Everyone''s a little different with how or if they return to their pre-pregnancy size. This holds true for shoes, clothes, and rings in my and my friends'' experiences. Since you''re already 8months, could you postpone the purchase until a few months after you deliver? Of course, that would be torture and not the most likeable option.

What a wonderful treat though, was it a push present?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Congratulations.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Drooling over that band - wow. I have always admired that one!

Wish I could tell ya what to do about the sizing. I''ve had the opposite problem - too big in the winter, ok in summer!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 10:43:19 PM
Author: Burk
GORGEOUS!!!! How does it fit compared to your other rings?

it pretty much fits the same as my size 6 engagement ring. It fits perfect right now even with this extra pregnancy weight so I''m hoping it''ll be great for the summer. I''m a little worried though!

Thanks for the compliment
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! OMG, I love it!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 10:50:38 PM
Author: cellentani
What a lovely band - love the U-prongs! I''ve never tried one on - are they comfortable, especially between the fingers? And how yummy that it''s a full eternity.

As for the sizing issue, that''s a tough call. Is this your first baby (congrats, btw)? Everyone''s a little different with how or if they return to their pre-pregnancy size. This holds true for shoes, clothes, and rings in my and my friends'' experiences. Since you''re already 8months, could you postpone the purchase until a few months after you deliver? Of course, that would be torture and not the most likeable option.

What a wonderful treat though, was it a push present?

yes! very comfortable! not as comfortable as my old 1.5 asscher band but... ha! it definitely will take some getting used to because it''s a substantial piece but I''m sure I''ll adapt
3.gif

Yep, my first baby - thanks for the congrats! we''re thrilled! I guess I should''ve waited until after delivery... I didn''t even think of it. I *think* I''ll be okay especially if it fits great now much heavier than I usually am. Hmmmmm... I''ll have to think about it. Not a push present - I don''t even think my Husband knows what that is! I upgraded it myself
1.gif

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 10:44:59 PM
Author: coatimundi
Gorgeous band!
30.gif
I think you''re fine size wise--esp because your pregnant--I imagine your finger will shrink a little post baby--to make room for summer?

I LOVE the band!

this is what I''m hoping coati. Fingers crossed!!! thanks for the compliment!

kmci

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!! It''s absolutely gorgeous. Can''t help you with the size thing though, you''d think if it fits the same as your ering does, which is ok in summer when not pregnant, that it should be alright.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I think if it fits like your other size six you should be fine. Everyone is different with pregnancy. My fingers didn''t get bigger at all until my last week and then they went right back after I delivered. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Come join us in the mommies thread when you have that little one!
9.gif

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
LOVELY!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 11:13:21 PM
Author: Burk
I think if it fits like your other size six you should be fine. Everyone is different with pregnancy. My fingers didn''t get bigger at all until my last week and then they went right back after I delivered. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Come join us in the mommies thread when you have that little one!
9.gif

Yeah, I''m surprised my rings still fit. Most of my friends say that they had to take their rings off around 26 weeks or so. Guess most of the fat is going to baby and my arse
37.gif
Thanks!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 10:52:10 PM
Author: bebe
Drooling over that band - wow. I have always admired that one!

Wish I could tell ya what to do about the sizing. I''ve had the opposite problem - too big in the winter, ok in summer!

I''ll take it off your hands in the winter
31.gif
it''s so beautiful!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your band is wonderful!
30.gif
But then again, I am biased.....
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! it is gorgeous!
congrats on your pregnancy! wishing you a wonderful rest of pregnancy and a speedy labor and delivery.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I went up to a 9 when I was pregnant... and I''m still an 8 18 months PP... I was a 7 before kids.

I don''t know if I''ll shrink back or not! I don''t have much more weight to lose!

Your band is AMAZING!!! How many points is each stone? How wide is it?

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 12:34:47 AM
Author: puffy
WOW!!! it is gorgeous!

congrats on your pregnancy! wishing you a wonderful rest of pregnancy and a speedy labor and delivery.

Thank you so much! is your baby hapa?? SO CUTE!!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 12:36:03 AM
Author: LuckyTexan
I went up to a 9 when I was pregnant... and I''m still an 8 18 months PP... I was a 7 before kids.

I don''t know if I''ll shrink back or not! I don''t have much more weight to lose!

Your band is AMAZING!!! How many points is each stone? How wide is it?

my fingers haven''t gotten any fat yet then I guess. Hope it stays that way! there are 18 stones so about 26pts each
18.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congrats on your pregnancy! Regarding the size, it''s difficult to tell if you should get a larger size. Everyone is different.

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
They look great together! I love you ering! Im a big asscher fan!

Congratulations on the pregnancy!

36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Perfect and gorgeous!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That band is just beautiful with your ering - you made a really nice choice.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results