shape
carat
color
clarity

My new cushion brilliant ering!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I never thought I would replace my pear but with all the dreamy old cuts floating around here, I knew I needed one. I initially thought I would want an oec but then I really loved the AVC that GOG sells. I also knew with my budget that paying for the premium that branded diamonds come with was not going to happen. I trolled various sites and ebay for some time and finally spotted one on ebay that sounded promising. I had a 14 day return window so I decided to give it a try.
I ended up purchasing a GIA 1.57 J Si1. I asked the seller if it was a new old cut or if it was a true vintage stone. She assured me it came from a ring from circa 1910. So on to the stats-
7.69x6.57x3.82
Polish-Very good
Symmetry-Good
Flourescence-Very Strong Blue
I then realized I would need to find a cheap setting for it because my budget had no room for my dream setting. I was able to find a setting online that I liked at contacted poppyseed for a price. She always answered all my questions quickly and was able to work in my budget. My ring was made by Amcor Designs. Overall for my pricepoint I am happy with the setting, I only wish the stone was not set so low. My dh likes the setting but then again he is not one for details.
I have to say going from my F pear to a J is a difference for sure. The J is more buttery/creamy but really looks pretty white in most lighting. I am in love with the personality of the stone. It throws off chunky flashes and pics up other colors at times. I am very happy switching to this ring and was able to find a good home for my pear with another pricescoper.
So I have to warn you this may be picture heavy since I had it loose first. I tried to take pics in all lighting situations as well. Enjoy!

20130508_071601.jpg

20130508_071522.jpg

20130508_081106-2.jpg

20130508_101108.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks gorgeous lknvrb4! I loved your pear, but I love this one too! Congrats!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is just drop-dead elegant. I love J's, I love cushions, I love delicate, pointy prongs ... sheer perfection!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
lknvrb4 you're so funny ::) Tired of pics? Haha! Please post more!

The stone is beautiful and your ring is so elegant!!! Looks perfect on you. And a J with strong blue fluor!!! (my dream combo). Congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really beautiful :love: the stone steals the show and I think the simple setting is perfect - no embellishments needed!

There was an old poster 'iota15' who had a similar sort of ring (cushion brilliant solitaire) that I thought was stunning for all the same reasons. Antique/antique-style cushions aren't really to my tastes IRL but I'd love to spend a day (or week) with yours and iota's!

I'd be interested to read more thoughts on this stone vs. your pear in a few weeks once you've lived with your cushion for a bit ::)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful diamond :love: I love chunky cushions in simple solitaire settings. Makes your diamond the star! And think about the stacking possibilities, yum :)) Looks great with your band! Enjoy!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stupendous! Love the simple setting as your diamond speaks for itself.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I usually prefer higher settings to lower ones, but have come to appreciate lower settings recently. I don't think your setting is too low and I think you will like the fact that it's less likely to catch or bang on things than a higher setting would.

Love you cushion, love the simple setting. It really sets off the diamond.

liz (another owner of an Amcor setting)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring! I wonder why we haven't fixed the picture problem???

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring!! I love the stone, and such nice prongs! So very pretty, congrats! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! You picked a great stone and the simple setting shows it off perfectly!! Congrats on your new ring!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And it looks fabulous on your hand! :cheeky: :love: :love:

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh. That's stunning :appl: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
GemFever|1369940359|3456444 said:
lknvrb4 you're so funny ::) Tired of pics? Haha! Please post more!

The stone is beautiful and your ring is so elegant!!! Looks perfect on you. And a J with strong blue fluor!!! (my dream combo). Congrats!

I am really liking the J with the SBF, it seems to help make it look white most of the time. I am ok with the indoor lighting and it looking creamy at times too, I wanted an old stone with those qualities.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring lknvrb4! :love: A classic beauty and it looks beautiful on you! Wear in health and happiness!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1369946824|3456508 said:
That is really beautiful :love: the stone steals the show and I think the simple setting is perfect - no embellishments needed!

There was an old poster 'iota15' who had a similar sort of ring (cushion brilliant solitaire) that I thought was stunning for all the same reasons. Antique/antique-style cushions aren't really to my tastes IRL but I'd love to spend a day (or week) with yours and iota's!

I'd be interested to read more thoughts on this stone vs. your pear in a few weeks once you've lived with your cushion for a bit ::)

My initial thoughts about it was that it was not as long as my pear but its wider overall so it looks substantial in itself. It is different going from a taller setting to this stone being set lower so that is going to take an adjustment. I keep telling myself it is not my forever setting and it gives me time to think about what I want. Part of my wants a harry Winston style halo and then I look at some dreamy three stones and like those too. Leon has some amazing cushion settings on his website as well. Good thing I have plenty of time. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results