shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Blue Halo Pendent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH, Mat! I have an idea! All you need now are a matching pair of bezel-set BABY STUDS like Sumi is thinking of! OH, wouldn''t that be ADORABLE????!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Be still my heart!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
HOLY CRAP! That is the prettiest pendant I''ve ever seen! I LOVE That blue stone.. its sooo pretty.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is the prettiest necklace I have ever seen. You and WF done good.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

shay

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this thread? I have followed your saga all the way up the wax but somehow missed when you actually got the necklace.

Anyway, your necklace is beautiful. I love the blue spinal with the halo. I do see what you mean by having the diamonds not so spread out. I hope WF gets it fixed quickly for you so we can see even more pictures.

Congrats!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning and elegant necklace matatora!!!! The color of the stone is a stunning blue! It almost looks like a tanzanite after it was set. Just Beautiful!!!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies, I am looking forward to posting a ton of shots when it s has been fixed...I just love the center pendent.
emlove.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
That sucker is just Rock My World gorgeous!!! Woo hoo
36.gif
30.gif
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait Matatora...OMG, it''s gorgeous so far! Just stunning!
41.gif
36.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
mata! Wow! What a beautiful necklace. I love it!

So....I''m looking to have a red necklace made for my wedding....think whiteflash will replicate it for me?
emwink.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This is the orignal spacing:

first time spinel pendent mes.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This is what I have come up with, do ya''ll think the changes will be noticable? Better? Questions, Comments, Thoughts are welcome!

attempt to correct spacing.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
mat,
i really like the 'unfixed' version. i think the spacing on it is proportionate to the whole piece. if you move all of the diamonds down and closer together, everything gets crammed closer to the bottom and it looks like there's too much going on in one area.
it just depends on the look you want.

beforeafterbluehalo.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking of having a jump ring put in as well to make the necklace 16" sometimes.
Thanks for the extra visual Miss Belle!
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AllClose.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Te bad part? ... all are quite nice!
2.gif

TooCloseII.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re welcome mat.
2.gif

i do like val''s new version very much. if anything changes, that''s my vote.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly think that the WF version is the best, I think that Belle has it right in saying that it looks like there is too much going on near the pendant (if you move the stones closer to the pendant) and nothing going on at the top. I would add the jump rings (I have an extender and that is the best $25 I have spent, ever) It would make the necklace very versatile. Just remember that the extra 2" of chain has to go somewhere, so you either have a 2" tail, or a 1" loop hanging at the back. Do you have at least shoulder length hair to hide it?

All in all it is a stunning necklace.

I wish you well,

Bridget

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 9:20:09 AM
Author: belle
mat,
i really like the ''unfixed'' version. i think the spacing on it is proportionate to the whole piece. if you move all of the diamonds down and closer together, everything gets crammed closer to the bottom and it looks like there''s too much going on in one area.
it just depends on the look you want.
I have to agree with this. Personally, I think moving them closer makes it looks too busy and takes focus away from the centerpiece. Instead of enhancing it, the diamonds compete with and distract from it.

Of course, that''s just me. You have to love it, and if you like the closer spacing look better, then you need to go with it. But I think it looks positively elegant and perfectly proportioned the way it is.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for Ana''s version with the chain shortened a little right next to the pendant but overall spacing left alone. Too much down low on a low pendant with nothing going on on the sides isn''t my fave. The jumprings to make the necklace shorter sometimes is a good idea too!

good luck!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like WF oringinal version. If you ever wear your hair up I think it is a better choice. I do not like it when it looks like the diamonds are clumped too close to the pendant. It looks like you were trying to save money (which I am sure you were not) IMHO. I do agree if you wear your hair down some will be covered but overall it is a more elegant looking piece.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
To be honest I did not like the way it looked on. I have one shirt (the one in the photo) that it looked okay with. I do not want the necklace to be too DBYish I have one of those already. Perhaps I just ought to have the diamonds in the chain removed completely. I need to check and make sure they are able to add a jump ring. I need to think on this, the way it is now it would never get worn, and that defeats the purpose.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
2nd try

second try pendent corrections 2.JPG

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I like Ana''s new version with the chain closest to the blue halo pendant shortened. However, you bring up a good point with the diamonds being removed. What if you brought the 2 diamonds closer like in Ana''s picture and took out the other ones? Then you would have the halo pendant flanked by 1 diamond on each side a bit closer in than they are right now? You could always recycle the 4 other little diamonds into another project....

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Better or Worse? I like this one better then the way it was sent, but then I appear to be the only one who did not like it that way.

yet another thought.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say worse. My reason is the diamonds are too bunched up to the stone in this pic. The stone is the star and the main attraction if you will. I think you can compromise here. So the diamonds to you are too spread out in the WF version. How about spacing them a bit more closely, but not too closely. Of course it''s up to you and what makes YOU happy. Just giving ya my take on it. It''s a gorgeous necklace and I have really enjoyed seeing it''s evolution.
1.gif
Lisa

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It seems easier to me to look at the images proper side up.

the way they would be worn.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2006 11:40:49 PM
Author: Matatora
Better or Worse? I like this one better then the way it was sent, but then I appear to be the only one who did not like it that way.

Not really - it looks nice to me too.

No diamonds is yet another idea. Although it would change so much from the start, I dunno... they add something good about the whole piece.

Not sure what to say from the pictures: doesn''t the pendant feel heavy for the very dainty chain? The harsh ''transition'' between the solid platinum frame of the pendant and the minute chain, looks a bit unusual in the pics. Does it in person? Having the diamonds lower seems to balance this out. A heavier chain would too, I suppose.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Miss Ana! That is exactly what my mother and I thought! But then I was not sure since I had a gazillion brillant jewlery ladies here and no one said that. I normally like spiga chains, but I am not sure what would work best.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 11:40:49 PM
Author: Matatora
That may be true.....but then again, you''re the only one of us who has to wear it, so it really matters what YOU like.

We can all have opinions, but ultimately, you have to like it. If it won''t get worn the way it is, then it really doesn''t matter if 100 of us like it the way it is now......it won''t be appreciated or worn.

Unless, of course, you give it to one of us....in which case, let me be the first to volunteer to take it off your hands.
2.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 11:49:40 PM
Author: kaleigh
I say worse. My reason is the diamonds are too bunched up to the stone in this pic. The stone is the star and the main attraction if you will. I think you can compromise here. So the diamonds to you are too spread out in the WF version. How about spacing them a bit more closely, but not too closely. Of course it''s up to you and what makes YOU happy. Just giving ya my take on it. It''s a gorgeous necklace and I have really enjoyed seeing it''s evolution.
1.gif
Lisa

I agree!

But I have to say, no matter what you do this is the most amazing necklace ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results