shape
carat
color
clarity

My New BGD Blue RB AKA "Time Stealer"

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Somehow I chipped my original engagement diamond. I am hard on things, I broke my first setting after having it for 3 years and my diamond broke after having it for 9 years. Thank God for insurance and PS. I discovered PS in April of this year when I started researching the for a new settings since our 10 year anniversary is coming up. I don't know much about diamonds, but I knew enough to work with my insurance company (Jewelers Mutual) and one of PS's recommended vendors (Brian Gavin). The process was great.

Here are the stats-
Brian Gavin Blue
Ideals All Around
1.258 ct.
6.92 x 6.94 x 4.26
Color H
Clarity VS2
Medium Blue Fluorescence
Table 57.3
Crown 34.8
Pavilion 40.8
Depth 61.5

HCA 1.5
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread Very Good

My last stone (which I miss for sentimental reasons) scored a 5.4. The old stone was 6.69 x 6.74.It was 1.25 deep RB (it faced up about a 1.1 or 1.15), I VS2, that had amazing fire and a lot of leakage. Jewelers often mistook it for an H as it faced up white but was tinged yellow on the side view. It was GIA with Good Cut, Good Symmetry and VG Polish. It was blindingly bright in the sunlight and sparkled nicely inside around the edges.

Now my BGD Blue which I have had for approximately 72 hours and have nicknamed "Time Stealer" because I just want to stare at her all the time and not do anything else-LOL. She is a showstopper in any lighting condition. When hubby saw her, he just said "Wow. That stone looks huge." Mind you, the size difference is not that great, but the new stone just sparkles like crazy everywhere and refuses to be ignored, probably due to possessing all Ideal characteristics. I used to wonder how people captured fire shots of their diamonds, but not anymore. It is super easy to have my own personal firework show with this ring! Plus, when I take my boys out for the last walk of the day at dusk, the fluorescence takes over and it literally glows bright white. Going to the grocery store is a pleasure now because she performs amazingly in grocery store light. She makes the melee stones on my original setting - which I kept, will get a 6 prong or semi bezel next Spring - look dim. The melee stones are F/G and never conflicted with my original stone.

Sorry for blabbing on, but I am super pleased with my stone and have to thank the PS Community for it. I will upload the pics in a moment.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lovely beauty.... I think we need some shots with your yellow avatar band too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing Crystal! I can understand why you can't stop staring at it, it's a gorgeous stone and ring - many congrats, and enjoy! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A time stealer indeed :love: . Definitely a ring people notice across the room 8-)
It's such a lovely set as well. Congrats with your new ring!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! Great choice!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, stunning stone and a beautiful ring, hopefully you take it easy on this one (and don't break anything :lol: ). I have broken 2 diamonds and a number of coloured stones too, so I know what you mean when you say you are hard on your jewellery. :shock:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is a lively, beautiful sparkler! Congratulations!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man- I love that beautiful diamond! Thanks for all the descriptions, I really enjoyed reading, as well. Congratulations, wear in good health!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Luv2sparkle- Thank you so much! I will try to take some pics today with my diamond bands.

Junebug17, Acinom, Pregcurious, Motownmama, Aprilbaby, Kathley, Lknvrb4, Apacherose- Thank you for the kind words. It is another sunny day here and I plan to spend a lot of time outside enjoying my toddlers and my new diamond :)

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1414365411|3773068 said:
Congrats, stunning stone and a beautiful ring, hopefully you take it easy on this one (and don't break anything :lol: ). I have broken 2 diamonds and a number of coloured stones too, so I know what you mean when you say you are hard on your jewellery. :shock:

Thank you for your kind words!

Also, thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one hard on jewelry! I don't feel so alone anymore. I see all of the beautiful, delicate settings on PS that make my heart sing, but I know that I will totally destroy those gorgeous rings if they were mine. My biggest dilemma now is what setting to put it in. Common sense tells me that a bezel is the best way to go, but I love seeing the diamond from the side ;( I might try a 6 prong first before going to a bezel though. Hubby is letting me get my 10 year anniversary present next year with part of his bonus so I only have another 5 months to obsess about settings-LOL.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to mention that I worked with Jamie at BGD and then with Lesley while Jamie was on honeymoon.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
My glamour shots arrived today! What a great surprise as I wasn't expecting any since it was my own setting. Brian Gavin is amazing!

screen_shot_2014-10-27_at_4.png

screen_shot_2014-10-27_at_0.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those glamour shots :love:
Pretty!!!!
I love the engraving on your setting and it's such a great match with your diamond 8-)

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1414444405|3773517 said:
Those glamour shots :love:
Pretty!!!!
I love the engraving on your setting and it's such a great match with your diamond 8-)

Thank you, Acinom! I love vintage and antique nuances in jewelry. I actually just bought my first authentic antique (early Christmas present) recently. It is a simple engraved platinum and gold wedding band from 1919. I love it!

OT, but I love your collection. I don't always post a reply but I always look at and admire the jewelry displayed in your topics.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh - that is stunning! Crystal you really must post some more pics....please :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is beautiful Crystal-diamond and setting are gorgeous and I am glad you had such a good experience with BGD. Wear your lovely set in health and happiness and enjoy!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BGD blues are beautiful! Congrats!.. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I finally got to see a strong fluorescence diamond this summer - it was really COOL! Enjoy!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! It looks great on you. I LOVE the pictures with the sparkle visible! (You know what I mean, the lens flare from the sparkle? SO COOL.)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond! I love the BGD Blue's, fluorescence is so cool :sun: Very nice upgrade. Congratulations & enjoy :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Love those Brian Gavin diamonds! You have some serious fire going on in that beauty. As much as I love a plain and simple set, the one you have now is really pretty. What makes you want to change it?

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial|1419796967|3808811 said:
Love those Brian Gavin diamonds! You have some serious fire going on in that beauty. As much as I love a plain and simple set, the one you have now is really pretty. What makes you want to change it?

Thank you! I love my blue and I will miss this setting once I reset!

I have a few reasons prompting me to reset: I am hoping for a bit of an upgrade in size this spring- an early 10 year anniversary present from hubby. I do love my current setting but it is maxed out as far as stone size is concerned so I have to get a new setting to accommodate a larger stone. Also, regardless of if the upgrade in size occurs, as a mom of rambunctious, adventurous and messy toddler twin boys and a hubby who works full time and goes to grad school at night (my 3 loves) I think that I need a little classic simplicity in my life, thus a classic solitaire setting with a matching band fits the bill.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
CRYSTAL24K|1419819071|3808933 said:
Sundial|1419796967|3808811 said:

Thank you! I love my blue and I will miss this setting once I reset!

I have a few reasons prompting me to reset: I am hoping for a bit of an upgrade in size this spring- an early 10 year anniversary present from hubby. I do love my current setting but it is maxed out as far as stone size is concerned so I have to get a new setting to accommodate a larger stone. Also, regardless of if the upgrade in size occurs, as a mom of rambunctious, adventurous and messy toddler twin boys and a hubby who works full time and goes to grad school at night (my 3 loves) I think that I need a little classic simplicity in my life, thus a classic solitaire setting with a matching band fits the bill.

Crystal as someone who has raised two children and is on her 3rd diamond upgrade I can totally relate to what you are saying! Enjoy those little ones and your wonderful husband and take your time to get your rings the way you want them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results