shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 18k YG Tiffany Novo Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok, no pics just yet. I will definitel *try* very hard to get pics of this together with my RG Metro band. I went to Tiffany's - again, LOL - today to change my half eternity band which I bought only yesterday for the full one. I was soooo tempted to exchange them for a Tiffany aquamarine, esp since there's another thread on here with all kinds of yummy coloured stone Legacy's!
30.gif
30.gif

Should I? I already have 2 full white diamond full eternity bands - one in 18k WG and the other in platinum. I bought the Metro and the Novo in various colours so I can stack or alternate them, for variety sake. I've always been so enamoured with the Legacy, esp. the coloured ones, and have been comtemplating buying one for yonks. BUT I keep thinking: will I really wear it? I love all the different coloured stones but the only thing is I only like wearing rings on my ring fingers, on both my left and right hands. I do have a coloured stone, a garnet, with diamond melee, on a pendant and I hardly ever wear it.

So if I was to buy the Legacy, I may not wear it very often, as I would have to alternate it with my 3-stone diamond RHR and another RHR, a lovely 3.50ct pear set in the LM "811 Adriana". BUT I do sooooo love the Legacy, it is sooooo yummy.

So what shall I do? Help!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely problem!
9.gif

It sounds like you''d wear the bands more, and they''re more versatile. Maybe since you have a "big ring" on the way, you should go with them. Then think on the Legacy for a bit and see if you are still really yearning for it.

I know if it was me, I''d wear the bands a lot more.
28.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
If I had a tiffany aquamarine legacy it would never leave my RHR and the 3-stone diamond ring and pear diamond ring would never see the light of day again. (Of course, I never cared for 3-stones or pears, but I ADORE the tiffany legacy in diamond or aquamarine)!! It sounds like you already have plenty of bands for stacking -- get the LEGACY!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Ellen, Terry and Lori. Decisions, desicions, decisions! It is SO hard, it really is.

Iv'e just taken some pics but cannot post them because I don't have the "thinggymebob" to plug the chip into my computer. Have to ask hubby where he put it. Apologies.

EthansMom

Rough_Rock
How did I miss this thread??

Hi Phoenix! My name is Josie! I think I was very much similar to yourself as to pretty much wear "exclusively" diamonds. I also thought it would be hard to wear colored stones because I''d always feel a need for the ring to "match" my outfit. But as a new colored gemstone owner, it is not the case! I think especially with the aquamarine, since the color is not so deep, it does work well for everyday wear. Especially the Legacy aqua! The setting is gorgeous but not over the top. I must admit even my aqua''s setting is wandering a bit into "cocktail ring" land so I''d wear it for fun for going out, but probably not work appropriate (I work in a financial center).... But the Legacy aqua would do well in any setting IMHO.

And like you said, it seems you already have quite a band collection already. If I were you, I''d go to Tiff''s and actually try on the ring and see how you like it!! Never hurts to try it on right?? As you can see, I''ve tried on all of them!!
3.gif
Well the only thing it might hurt is your pocketbook... Or your psyche if you dont get it but really really want it~~ Oh the yearning and pining~~~

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2008 1:53:39 PM
Author: EthansMom
How did I miss this thread??

Hi Phoenix! My name is Josie! I think I was very much similar to yourself as to pretty much wear 'exclusively' diamonds. I also thought it would be hard to wear colored stones because I'd always feel a need for the ring to 'match' my outfit. But as a new colored gemstone owner, it is not the case! I think especially with the aquamarine, since the color is not so deep, it does work well for everyday wear. Especially the Legacy aqua! The setting is gorgeous but not over the top. I must admit even my aqua's setting is wandering a bit into 'cocktail ring' land so I'd wear it for fun for going out, but probably not work appropriate (I work in a financial center).... But the Legacy aqua would do well in any setting IMHO.

And like you said, it seems you already have quite a band collection already. If I were you, I'd go to Tiff's and actually try on the ring and see how you like it!! Never hurts to try it on right?? As you can see, I've tried on all of them!!
3.gif
Well the only thing it might hurt is your pocketbook... Or your psyche if you dont get it but really really want it~~ Oh the yearning and pining~~~
Hi Josie
35.gif

Thanks for your input and comments. It was yr thread on the coloured Legacy that exacerbated my yearning for a Legacy!!
1.gif

I have tried on the Tiffany Legacy aquamarine - many times, he he - and it is soooooo gorgeous. I am bringing a friend (another diamond maniac, LOL) to Tiffany's with me on Thursday and we'll try it on together and see.

I had some compliments today from one of my male colleagues on my Metro and Legacy bands. He said they were "beautiful"!!
9.gif
but then he's said that about practically every one of my jewellery pieces, he he... I think if money were no object, he'd buy all of them from me for his wife (he's totally besotted with his wife!).

Up to that point, I was thinking I could return reach a compromise, ie. return my Metro, and keep my Legacy and then get the Legacy aquamarine. Of course (like you correctly pointed out) it will hurt the pocket. AND I've already "punished" hubby enough for missing our 11th wedding anniversary (apart from the diamond craze last weekend, I also bought three pairs of pants from Gucci - albeit at a 70% discount). Oh decisions decisions!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results