shape
carat
color
clarity

My mom is here... and my new French Cut Sapphire stacker

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom's in town so I snatched her rings off the counter... gave them a quick clean.. .and had to parade them around outside... her's is a 2.5 ct. Tension set.. I have no idea about color or clarity..

The stacker is 1.25 cts. medium blue French Cut sapphires, set in platinum with the mill grain edge (they have been heat treated), likely made in the 50's according to the independent apprasier.

The lens kept fogging up on me... got to love the humidity!!!

img_1936.jpg

img_1937.jpg

img_1938.jpg

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Mama sure likes her bling! Her set is beautiful, but your e-ring setting is something else and so is your new sapphire band. I love the bit of color into the wedding set. Congrats on the new band!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both sets are gorgeous!!! love Mom's tension set diamond ring --- YUMMY!!!

And yippee!!! Mayk, I love your sapphire band!!! :appl: :appl:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! This makes me want one. I love it. It adds a little pop without overpowering the other rings. Well done... :appl: :appl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Hows that for some coverage?! :love: I adore your sapphire stacker! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty sapphire french cut eternity band! Love the variety and color of your collection!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk, you've obviously inherited your love of bling from your mother! :D Her set is beautiful - and your rings are absolutely gorgeous!! Your sapphire stacker is amazing, and goes perfectly with your set - I really love it!! :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame, Kalrik, Enerchi, Vinjewels, Good_luxe_girl, mom2boys, Christina, Junebyg & DS... thank you... I am more than thrilled with the stacker, it was a nice surprise from DH and I like how they look together.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The sapphire band is perfect. Loooove it. Congrats on such a nice gift! Your DH has excellent taste.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooooooh. Good one! You have "stacker-pretty" fingers, lucky girl! Enjoy playing w/mom's bling while she's in town!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautttiful stacker! Where did you get it, I want one! Hehe...!

You have awesome hands too, jeallie.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love:

I love your sapphire stacker! I've been meaning to get one because it's my son's birthstone.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara|1342649016|3236316 said:
Beautttiful stacker! Where did you get it, I want one! Hehe...!

You have awesome hands too, jeallie.

Thank you!!! So glad it looks as good as I hoped..

There is thread in colored stones where I was looking at stackers.. We had made a trip to Boston and stopped in a number of Antique Jewelry stores. My husband thought a stacker would look good with my ring. So I tired on so many my knuckles were swollen. We decided we liked the French Cuts stones but the only one we could find was diamonds and sapphires and we liked the look of all sapphires better.. So I started looking on ebay and with this seller found the French Cut all sapphire band.. she was great. I purchased it based on getting it apprasied within a week.. I did and the apprasial came out great... she has a REALLY pretty ruby band... that is very similar... which I also loved but decided on sapphires.

http://myworld.ebay.com/lucky223/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Pictures of all the bands I tried on..

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/french-cut-or-square-cut.177432/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/french-cut-or-square-cut.177432/[/URL]

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Ooo la la! J'adore French cuts!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful..!!! i love that ruby band but it's too big for me... i totally am all into stackers lately though...hehe.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new stacker!! It's gorgeous and it adds just the right amount of *pop* to your set :love: :love: :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful rings!!! :appl:

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sapphire band! I have one almost identical but mine doesn't have milgrain (wish it did...). Bought mine in a little hole in the wall antique shop a few years ago.

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Mayk I LOVE your sapphire band!! I was wondering if you could do me a massive favor, and photograph it paired with a plain white gold/plat band (if you have one), or just one of the diamond eternities.

I am trying to decide if I want a similar band to wear as an e-ring for my "low profile days"... Since future FI isn't a huge fan of diamonds, I thought a plain or engraved WB with a french sapphire eternity might be nice. Any visuals would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results