shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mark T custom Harry Winston inspired engagement ring that allows for a flush fit with a wedding b

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MP

Shiny_Rock
The day finally came last week when I received my finished engagement ring. some of you have been following my design process with Gary down at ERD. Basically I wanted a cushion halo engagement ring that looked similar to the harry Winston one''s I have seen. However I had very strict criteria for that sort of ring including that it must allow for a flush fit with a wedding band. Those of you who are fimiliar with the Winnie or FatGuy setting from ERD as well as the orignal Harry Winston halo cushion know that none of those rings allow for it. Here is the link to the thread where all the CAD images and discussion took place to finalize the design.

Desing thread for my ring!!

Without further adieu here are the stats of the ring I have in hand.

Center Stone:

GIA certified Cushion Brilliant

Carat Weight......1.55ct
Color.................H
Clarity................VS2
Measurements....7.49x6.65 x 4.35
Polish................EX
Symmetry..........EX
Fluorescence......None

Setting Side Stones and Halo:

64 round brilliant cut diamonds

Total Weight..... .52ct
Color................G-H
Clarity...............VS

The setting is done in platinum and now the moment of truth, a picture is worth a thousand words.

12345A.jpg

MP

Shiny_Rock
An action shot courtesy of a baby's bunny slipper:

12345B.jpg

MP

Shiny_Rock
A detail shot of the setting and struts, this was the agonizing part, trying to get this ring to sit flush with a wedding band:

12345C.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Love the bunny slipper pic!!!
21.gif

MP

Shiny_Rock
Obligatory hand shots will come. Unfortunately my man hands won''t do the ring justice so I will post some up once I propose and can talk her into calming down long enough for me to get some shots off.
face20.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh...its beautiful MP!!! You did such a great job with this ring! I cant wait to see handshots!!!!! When are you planning on popping the question? Good luck!!!!

ps: Did you ever get in touch with Georgia re: Chubb?

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP

Gorgeous! Can''t wait to see hand shots...

The only thing I would change is.... JUST PULLING YOUR LEG!!
2.gif
It is perfect! I love that the halo is so delicate around the stone, it accents it to perfection and looks so vintage and classic.

Have fun proposing! My DH almost puked he was so excited.

DD

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
wow its gorgeous! when exactly did you receive it? i was there last week and saw something very similar to it, just wondering if it is the same one! congrats!

MP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 10:13:35 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
MP

Gorgeous! Can''t wait to see hand shots...

The only thing I would change is.... JUST PULLING YOUR LEG!!
2.gif
It is perfect! I love that the halo is so delicate around the stone, it accents it to perfection and looks so vintage and classic.

Have fun proposing! My DH almost puked he was so excited.

DD
Thanks dreamer, I appreciate the comment about the halo. That was one of the points that I agonized over as well. Both the designer and close friends thought a double halo would look nice, but I thought it would make the crown to bulky. I am amazed at how well the single halo compliments the center stone and leaves the ring looking delicate. I''m glad I stuck to my guns.

MP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 10:12:02 AM
Author: Dani
Ohhhh...its beautiful MP!!! You did such a great job with this ring! I cant wait to see handshots!!!!! When are you planning on popping the question? Good luck!!!!

Thanks Dani, Georgia was really great and you will be happy to know that Chubb is covering the ring. I had a day or two there where it was uninsured and I was pretty nervous that a meteor would strike my house and destroy her.
face20.gif
Luckily, Georgia came through as sson as I faxed over the appraisal and GIA cert.

As far as when I''m planning on proposing. It''s going to be this weekend. Don''t have an exact plan, but we are going to be up at her parents beach house. So I was thinking about a nice walk on the beach and telling her that I found a designer and want to get her opinion on this design I think she would like. Then go for the shock value by pulling out the actual ring. Sneaky, but will blow her away since she is hoping that it may come at her birthday this year in June. She has no idea I already have it and have been doing research and design stuff for months.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 10:20:50 AM
Author: MP
Date: 3/11/2008 10:12:02 AM

Author: Dani

Thanks Dani, Georgia was really great and you will be happy to know that Chubb is covering the ring. I had a day or two there where it was uninsured and I was pretty nervous that a meteor would strike my house and destroy her.
face20.gif
Luckily, Georgia came through as sson as I faxed over the appraisal and GIA cert.

As far as when I'm planning on proposing. It's going to be this weekend. Don't have an exact plan, but we are going to be up at her parents beach house. So I was thinking about a nice walk on the beach and telling her that I found a designer and want to get her opinion on this design I think she would like. Then go for the shock value by pulling out the actual ring. Sneaky, but will blow her away since she is hoping that it may come at her birthday this year in June. She has no idea I already have it and have been doing research and design stuff for months.

OMG, I just got chills!!! That is perfect, MP!!! She is going to be SOOO surprised! Did she specify that she wanted a halo-type ring, or was that your own doing? Regardless, its perfect!

Glad it all worked out with Georgia. She's awesome and a true professional. You will be happy with her.
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MP, it is just stunningly GORGEOUS!! She is going to flip when you propose with that baby. I love that she will be able to have a band flush with the ring and I can''t wait to see some hand shots!
36.gif
36.gif

MP

Shiny_Rock
Dani, we've been looking in jewelry stores over the last 3 months under the guise that I'm just doing research so I wouldn't let on that I wanted to know exactly what she like so I could have it built. It's a good thing I did that because I had no idea about this flush fit thing that a lot of you girls seem to be adamant about. Likewise, she always loved the halo cushions and rounds that she saw. She especially like the cushions. She only saw rings under a 1 ct in weight in terms of the center stone so I know this will blow her mind.

CrookedRock, I received it on Thursday night of last week. Gary had it overnighted so if you were there earlier in the week you may have seen it.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
MP- GORGEOUS! She is absolutely going to love it! I really love how delicate and HUGE it looks at the same time. Quick question-did you get the stone from ERD as well?

MP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 10:49:44 AM
Author: scarlet16
MP- GORGEOUS! She is absolutely going to love it! I really love how delicate and HUGE it looks at the same time. Quick question-did you get the stone from ERD as well?
The stone came from ERD as well. They are the authority on cushions according to a lot of pricescopers. I simply told Gary that I wanted a Cushion Brilliant, not a modified, and that I wanted something near colorless in the VS range of clarity or better. Likewise, I specified a 1.5 ct or higher diamond. It took him a couple weeks to find three stones for me. I chose the one with EX/EX on the polish and symmetry. She is quite a beauty.

MP

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the thoughts on the ring. It''s nice to know that the people in the know about such things love the ring that I had built based on their advice and expertise. I must admit that I''ve been a little nervous about things since I no have it in my posession. I guess the whole thing is now becoming a reality and it''s a lot to take in at once. I really hope she likes it. I know it''s a lot bigger of a center stone than she is expecting and I''ve incorporated all the design elements into the ring that I knew she wanted such as the halo and the flush fit.

I guess that little knot in my stomach will be there until I give it to her.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP- it''s just gorgeous. you seriously did and amazing job and she''s going to just be over the moon with the ring and having you too of course
2.gif
please come back with tons more pics and handshots after you propose. I''m just so happy for you!! what a journey you''ve been on and it couldn''t have turned out any more pefect re: the ring.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow the ring is stunning!!!
30.gif
I love how you incorporated the design elements of the HW and still allowed for a wedding band to sit flush, that is fabulous!!!
Looking forward to those handshots
9.gif

MP

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 95px">Date: 3/11/2008 12:28:40 PM
Author: mrssalvo
MP- it's just gorgeous. you seriously did and amazing job and she's going to just be over the moon with the ring and having you too of course
2.gif
please come back with tons more pics and handshots after you propose. I'm just so happy for you!! what a journey you've been on and it couldn't have turned out any more pefect re: the ring.
Thanks Mrs. S, your advice was much appreciated along the way. If she doesn't like it I'll let you know and perhaps you and I can have a beautiful life together instead.
face20.gif

"Date: 3/11/2008 12:32:09 PM
Author: poshpepper
Wow the ring is stunning!!! I love how you incorporated the design elements of the HW and still allowed for a wedding band to sit flush, that is fabulous!!!
Looking forward to those handshots."

Thanks Posh, I really think I captured the essence of the Harry Winston, but took it in a direction that gives those that want a different look with their wedding band a great option. I'm sure a shot of the e-ring, with the wedding band underneath and flush against it would look amazing. Look out for those updates.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is gorgeous! My fiance worked with Gary as well and had nothing but wonderful things to say. Now pop the qs soon, we want handshots!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is gorgeous!!!!!!
30.gif
We will need TONS of hand pictures. You did a fantastic job. I love it.

Linda

MP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 1:06:14 PM
Author: DMBsGirl
The ring is gorgeous! My fiance worked with Gary as well and had nothing but wonderful things to say. Now pop the qs soon, we want handshots!
36.gif
Thanks DMBsGirl, I totally agree with you on Gary. He was great to the point that he even put in 4 additional round diamonds in the setting. The original design called for two on each strut, but given that there was room for three he had the designer put an additonal round diamond on each strut making it 3 total on each one. Wonderful accent to an already great looking e-ring.

Thanks Gary!!

PS - Not to worry, hand shots will be coming after this weekend.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 12:52:40 PM
Author: MP
Look out for those updates.
Oh I will for sure!
1.gif

Did you already order a matching wedding band? Or is that a future purchase?

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Hi MP,
You did a wonderful job ... the ring is gorgeous!
You''ll have to let us know which part is more nerveracking ... creating the ring or the actual proposal!
emsmile.gif

Good luck with that part - she will be floored!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results