shape
carat
color
clarity

My Little Treasure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Isolde

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I recently got engaged in December, and I want to show off my little beauty. It''s a .25 diamond, the ring is platinum and I don''t know much else about the specifications (he knows the details). We''ve been together for 4+ years, and we''re still in university/post-secondary, so this was a complete surprise. I had no idea he was going to propose to me, and I certainly didn''t think it was going to be with an actual diamond (since well, we''re poor students
3.gif
). I''m absolutely in love with it. I know .25 probably doesn''t seem like much on a forum dedicated to diamonds, but to me it''s an absolute treasure. This is the only real picture I have of it, I''ll try to post more later.
1.gif

Mylittlebeauty.jpg

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
Congrats.. That is so sweet.. Your ring is beautiful. It isn''t about the size of the diamond but the meaning of the diamond.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s nothing wrong with that size. I started out with just about the same, and wore it for 24 years.
2.gif

It''s just beautiful. A treasure indeed, enjoy!

And congratulations.
36.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!! It is so sweet that he surprised you! Your ring is lovely!!
36.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
OH! THIS IS ADORABLY SWEET!!! CONGRATS!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Your ring is perfect. A wonderful classic style, and the diamond looks awesome!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Isolde

Rough_Rock
Thank you ladies so much for your kind words! I guess I was just a bit reluctant, since we''ve received so many negative comments.
8.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You poor baby!! This should be the happiest time of your lives! Just ignore those negative people and bask in the positive. Your ring is VERY PRETTY!!! Enjoy the thrill of wearing it. I know that when we first got engaged, I was walking on air and just so excited about everything. No one could burst my bubble. Don''t let anyone burst yours!!

Isolde

Rough_Rock
Thank you! This is definitely the happiest I''ve ever been, but it''s hard to not get down about things like this. Certain people who abide by the "if it''s not a carat, it''s not worth it" mentality have scoffed at it, and said some awfully rude things. When people insult things you treasure, you naturally get a bit defensive and upset
8.gif
. My Fiance takes it even worse, he said he feels bad that he couldn''t have gotten me a bigger ring. Which is silly, since this is perfect and more than I could have ever asked for.
1.gif

Again, thank you all for the kind words, I''ll have to take some lovely pictures of it later.
1.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2008 12:45:15 PM
Author: Isolde
Thank you ladies so much for your kind words! I guess I was just a bit reluctant, since we've received so many negative comments.
8.gif
Negative comments about the ring??? If that's what you're saying, then I think you may need to look a bit deeper for the commenters' motivations. Perhaps jealousy, if it is one of your peers. Perhaps fear, if it's someone close to you, and maybe they think you're too young (just guessing here.) My point is, that if someone has something negative to say about the ring, it's because something else is bothering the person, and it has nothing at all to do with the ring. Anyway, this is how I usually try to deal with stuff like this . . . .

So keep enjoying your ring!! And, Congratulations Again!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your ring is beautiful! Wear it in health; and try and ignore unkind comments--those type of remarks are not worth any consideration.

cheers--Sharon

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and classic! Congratulations. The fact that it was such a surprise is such an extra treat! IGNORE any negative comments.......it''s so horrible how people can act when they are JEALOUS.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
A classic beauty! Congrats on your engagement! Can''t wait for more pics!
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree your ring is beautiful!!!! Platinum too!! Wear it proudly and don''t forget to tell your honey YOU LOVE IT! (I still tell my guy all the time and we''ve been married 13 years!)Negative Comments? Who the heck are these people?! I agree there are other things going on. If a FRIEND or yours got engaged can you even imagine making a negative comment? ! You just love every minute wearing it and the sentiment behind it. My husband also "popped" the Q - I''d never said "boo" about rings. I think this will be very meaningful to you in the future (no disrespect to gals who choose their own rings, of course). ENJOY!!!! And, hand pictures????? SOON!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 1:31:36 PM
Author: motownmama
I agree your ring is beautiful!!!! Platinum too!! Wear it proudly and don't forget to tell your honey YOU LOVE IT! (I still tell my guy all the time and we've been married 13 years!)Negative Comments? Who the heck are these people?! I agree there are other things going on. If a FRIEND or yours got engaged can you even imagine making a negative comment? ! You just love every minute wearing it and the sentiment behind it. My husband also 'popped' the Q - I'd never said 'boo' about rings. I think this will be very meaningful to you in the future (no disrespect to gals who choose their own rings, of course). ENJOY!!!! And, hand pictures????? SOON!
I picked out my own rings both times (original rings 6 years ago and replacememt rings about 6 months ago). I have ALWAYS wished my husband would have done it on his own.........I envy the thought and sentiment behind the traditional approach. Even when my original stone broke recently and we replaced the rings, I begged him to give his input but he wouldn't. He made me do it because he didn't want to be responsible for me not liking what I got.
2.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 12:51:54 PM
Author: gemgirl
You poor baby!! This should be the happiest time of your lives! Just ignore those negative people and bask in the positive. Your ring is VERY PRETTY!!! Enjoy the thrill of wearing it. I know that when we first got engaged, I was walking on air and just so excited about everything. No one could burst my bubble. Don''t let anyone burst yours!!
I completely agree! Don''t you dare let anyone rain or your parade!!! Your ring is very pretty - enjoy it and all it means
emsmile.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t imagine that anyone would say anything negative about your ring. It''s beautiful, it''s a diamond, it''s platinum, and oh did I mention it''s beautiful? Congratulations on your engagement!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, it''s beautiful! Don''t let those jealous people ruin a beautiful thing! Wear it proud! Congrats again!!
emotion-19.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement and your ring is lovely. Ignore those rude comments - those people aren''t obviously worth your time.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful!! i hope you are able to post more pics
10.gif

congratulations!
36.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 12:45:15 PM
Thank you ladies so much for your kind words! I guess I was just a bit reluctant, since we've received so many negative comments.
8.gif

Congratulations on your engagement Isolde! Don't let all of those idiotic negative comment makers spoil this wonderful time. Your ring is stunning. Just lovely. I bet your heart beats a bit faster every time you look at it on your finger.

And you're right... this is a diamond forum. Which means we love diamonds. Any shape. Any size. We, uh, also love photos. So feel free to snap a few more to share.

2.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful, my first ring was .18 ct and I was just over the moon about it, I was so proud and you should be too, it represents your love, enjoy it and wear it proudly
1.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 1:04:55 PM
Thank you! This is definitely the happiest I''ve ever been, but it''s hard to not get down about things like this. Certain people who abide by the ''if it''s not a carat, it''s not worth it'' mentality have scoffed at it, and said some awfully rude things. When people insult things you treasure, you naturally get a bit defensive and upset
8.gif
. My Fiance takes it even worse, he said he feels bad that he couldn''t have gotten me a bigger ring. Which is silly, since this is perfect and more than I could have ever asked for.
1.gif

Again, thank you all for the kind words, I''ll have to take some lovely pictures of it later.
1.gif
That is absolute CRAZY talk, how rude and sooooo NOT true. This is about spending the rest of your life with someone you love not the size of what your loved one can put on your finger! I know I would have married my husband with or without the ring.

You enjoy this blissful time in your life with your FI. It looks like he did a wonderful job, your ring and diamond are beautiful!! Congats and I can''t wait to see some hand shots!!
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! Congrats on your engagement ...

One thing ... NOT enough pics. We need more.
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement, how exciting!

Your ring is beautiful, I absolutely love a classic solitaire setting! Do not let anyone bring you down about your ring, I cannot imagine what they could possibly not love about it. What does matter is that YOU love it and your sweet fiance picked it out just for you!

Wear it in good health and for many happy years!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 1:04:55 PM
Thank you! This is definitely the happiest I''ve ever been, but it''s hard to not get down about things like this. Certain people who abide by the ''if it''s not a carat, it''s not worth it'' mentality have scoffed at it, and said some awfully rude things. When people insult things you treasure, you naturally get a bit defensive and upset
8.gif
1.gif

1.gif
Oh my gosh, that is truly unthinkable that ANYONE would say anything negative to your face. I don''t even know what to say about that, except shame on them, and their very bad manners.
38.gif

Too bad class can''t be bought, their money would serve them well....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement, your ring is beautiful!!! Looking forward to seeing more pics. I think your FI did a great job!!!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
it''s BEAUTIFUL!
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so sorry that some people have been negative to you. I''m so glad you love your ring!

It''s really lovely, and please post more pics! I look forward to seeing them
1.gif

Coati

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree they are probably just jealous. Wear your ring with pride. It is a classic look and represents your love (which is the most important thing of all!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results