shape
carat
color
clarity

My Leon 3-stone E-ring is finished!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 6:04:55 PM
Author: roppongi
Hi EF,

First of all, your set is stunning; the eternity wedding band and the 3 stone engagement ring are just sublime. I am sorry that Leon wasn''t able to make it to your specifications but I am positive that it can be remedied. I wanted to let you know that I know what you are going through as far as having your set blessed.

When I got married ten years ago, in the Napa Valley
2.gif
, I had 3 rings. A solitaire, a plain platinum wedding band and an eternity band, all of which were blessed by a Catholic Bishop. The blessings of the rings meant the world to me and my husband. You can imagine my surprise when I was playing with my custom made platinum band during my honeymoon and I saw Rachel and John, June 1997. This would have been fine if my name was Rachel and my husband was John and we were married in June, this was not the case. I called the jewelry store and had a fit. They were apologetic and rushed a new casting for a plain platinum band. Once this was received husband and I made another visit to the Bishop who once again blessed the rings.

The 3ctw eternity band that I was married with was lost, my husband had it remade and I never quite accepted the new bamd. We didn''t get the new ring blessed and I hardly wear it anymore. This past March my husband gave me a new eternity band, a 7 ctw platinum rbc uternity to go with my twice upgraded engagement ring which is now a 4 ctw 3 stone ring. My entire set is different from when I got married. The only thing that means anything to me is that plain platinum band.

Have Leon lower your engagement ring head, and have him make a matching plain platinum band. Wear that gorgeous eternity band on your right hand and have all 3 rings blessed when you get married.

At the end of the day, it''s all good and it can be fixed.

Roppongi
Great story. Life is all about solving problems because they''re bound to come up.

WOW -- i''d love to see that set. Do you have any pictures.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emeraldfan, I''m so sorry that your rings didn''t come out as you expected. I do remember clearly how I felt two weeks before my wedding. It''s a nerve wracking time with different things to do and double check everyday. I know your head must be full of details, details and more details.

I''m sure Leon will work with you to the fullest extent that he can. He''s got a proven very good reputation to protect! Did he give you any type of time frame for remaking your e-ring with a lower head? Perhaps he can do just that before your wedding and you can add a plain polished platinum band as your "official" wedding ring and either wear the eternity on your right hand or have it remade later. If it were me, and I KNOW it''s not, I''d want my e-ring to be 100% for my wedding day. Your engagement ring marked the beginning of your new life together. It''s the symbol of your promise to each other. If I had to make a choice of what to do in the limited amount of time you have to do it before your wedding? I''d have him quickly re-do your e-ring.

I think your eternity is drop dead gorgeous and can stand very well on it''s own but if this is really going to upset your soon to be hubby, just have it remade later.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EmeraldFan...Your set is very pretty, and I think that they make a beautiful pair, but you are the one that needs to be happy with them. I hope that you are able to come to some sort of a happy conclusion, whether it be with Leon or keeping the rings as they are.

Carrie

Rough_Rock
Emeraldfan - Your rings are absolutely stunning and Leon truly is an artist.

However, I do agree with you in that there are some details that may need to be resolved....like the ering band being slightly wider than the baguettes.
If you are not happy, then try and work with Leon and see what he can do. He does have an excellent reputation from what I have seen and I''m sure if you try and work with him to find a solution that makes you happy everything will be fine. As I said, Leon is an artist, but he is also running a business and I''m sure he doesn''t want any unhappy customers given his current - excellent reputation.

And honestly, if Leon made some decisions without your approval then I think he does have to be flexible in trying to resolve this situation.

Keep us posted and good luck.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, i have been waiting to see that 5 ct band on your hand and with that pretty ering for a while now! (Sorry i am so late to this thread) I have to say, i think the whole set looks lovely and if it were mine, i would wear it and not change ANYTHING at all
9.gif
. I LOVE IT!

Having said that, i think you need to be happy with the rings and if you really want to wear them together, then i would do whatever it takes to get the SET so that you feel comfortable and love it. If that means smaller diamonds in the band, then as long as you are OK with the cost, go for it!

it seems like the most upsetting part (for you) is that you are worried about having "THE" the ring for the wedding day and having it blessed, and i think the pressure of the wedding being so close it what is bothering you so much - you are under a deadline lady! I might order a plain smaller band that you could wear the day of and maybe as a spacer/enhancer after? Then i would have the rings redone in whatever style makes you happy. I think it''s important to have the rings there for the day, but also to love whatever set you have because you''ll be wearing it forever. I love the idea of having the new rings blessed when they are finished too (if you have them redone).

Whatever you choose, your wedding day and your wedding finger are sure to be beautiful with so many great choices - best of luck!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 5:14:26 PM
Author: DiamondGirly

Date: 5/2/2008 5:09:20 PM
Author: Dani
Diamondgirly-

I know you just joined PS, and I have to say, in almost all of your 8 posts so far you just seem like a troublemaker, honestly. Lose the attitude....

Emeraldfan-

I am sorry that you feel this way about your set. I think its so pretty though, for what its worth!!!! I hope that you can come to some kind of resolution with Leon and that you are 100% happy. Good luck!
'Lose the attitude'

Thanks, Mom. You know what -- don't read my posts.

I'm suggesting a solution to a serious problem. Sorry I might not be as sweet and pleasant about things as you are. I'm letting the OP know that she shouldn't settle for less than she expected at the price she expected to pay.

Honestly your post contributed nothing. If I had a problem baseless reassurance would not be what I was looking for.
Diamond Girly, you may want to spend 10 minutes reading this before you offend anyone else.

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/55/1/A-jeweler%e2%80%99s-guide-for-how-to-get-along-with-Pricescope.aspx

Emerald, I too think your set is very pretty. I also agree that if its not what you had in mind, then you should discuss with leon and be happy with the outcome of that decision. It sounds like you are being very level headed about it, and thats always a better approach than getting hot headed straight away.
I hope you have it all resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible.
1.gif

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 10:45:40 PM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 5/2/2008 5:14:26 PM

Author: DiamondGirly

Date: 5/2/2008 5:09:20 PM

Author: Dani

Diamondgirly-

I know you just joined PS, and I have to say, in almost all of your 8 posts so far you just seem like a troublemaker, honestly. Lose the attitude....

Emeraldfan-

I am sorry that you feel this way about your set. I think its so pretty though, for what its worth!!!! I hope that you can come to some kind of resolution with Leon and that you are 100% happy. Good luck!

''Lose the attitude''

Thanks, Mom. You know what -- don''t read my posts.

I''m suggesting a solution to a serious problem. Sorry I might not be as sweet and pleasant about things as you are. I''m letting the OP know that she shouldn''t settle for less than she expected at the price she expected to pay.

Honestly your post contributed nothing. If I had a problem baseless reassurance would not be what I was looking for.

Diamond Girly, you may want to spend 10 minutes reading this before you offend anyone else.

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/55/1/A-jeweler%e2%80%99s-guide-for-how-to-get-along-with-Pricescope.aspx

Emerald, I too think your set is very pretty. I also agree that if its not what you had in mind, then you should discuss with leon and be happy with the outcome of that decision. It sounds like you are being very level headed about it, and thats always a better approach than getting hot headed straight away.

I hope you have it all resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible.
1.gif

Gosh, thanks for the tip. People shouldn''t be so thin skinned. I really wonder how I could have offended anyone when I didn''t direct comments at anybody. People jumped on me -- read the thread. I was just telling the OP that she shouldn''t settle for an undesirable outcome.

OP - any updates to this situation? I''m curious b/c I''m considering going to LM but I don''t want to if your situation isn''t resolved satisfactorily. I''m not really interested in working with someone who doesn''t follow my requests to the T.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Update: So I lived with the rings over the weekend. After talking with Leon I decided that at the very least I wanted the e-ring shank thinned out. He said it would be fine if I took it somewhere near me to do that in time for the wedding. Leon said it would be a fairly easy fix and to have the jeweler call him if they needed to. Well, I took it to a jeweler yesterday but the woman there made a big deal out of it and said she couldn''t just thin it down and it would require major work to do so and make sure the baguettes were still secure. Not sure I really trusted her opinion but I''ve decided I want Leon to be the only one to fix it.

At this point, I''m just going to live with it until after the wedding and then send it back to Leon. I am also thinking of sending the wedding band back so he can shave a little off the inside and allow me to wear it more comfortably on my right hand (if I decide to not wear them together). I am also thinking I might just live with them until August when I am back in NYC and able to actually meet with Leon again. Hopefully, we can work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results