shape
carat
color
clarity

My Jared Galleria of Jewelry .73ct. Radiant E-ring and set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't going to post this because I know how Jared Galleria is hated here, but I know many people do go to Jared's and thought I would post my pictures and shopping experience there anyway! Some of you may remember about 6 months ago that I sold my 1.33 AGS000H&A round to help my parents financially. It helped them so much and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It did put me in a bit of a funk (DH would say it was more than a funk
3.gif
) and I would be a bit down after going out with my girlfriends who have gorgeous bling
2.gif
, but was happy that someday I would get something new.

About a month ago DH said I could get a diamond wedding band but my budget was $500 MAX. I put if off because I thought there was no way I could get a diamond band for that. I finally decided to go to some stores a few days ago with my bestfriend really urging me to try Jared's. Surprise, surprise, I came home with a beautiful diamond band! It's just over 2.5mm wide, milgrain, bead set, 3/4 eternity, and .50 carat. And on top of it, they gave me a $100 gift card.

Then two days ago DH surprised me by saying I could get an engagement ring! My max budget was $3000 ($3300 with taxes). I thought about going with an online vendor, but so much has changed in the last 6 months that my mind set is very different from when I bought my last diamond. This time, I wanted to go and see the diamonds myself, numbers and certs be damned. Plus, since I was getting a totally new diamond, I wanted to have fun looking and comparing different diamond shapes and trying on settings!
3.gif
My DH didn't want to go so my best friend volunteered to go have a jewelry store outing with me!
36.gif

I called ahead and asked for the sales associate who helped me with my diamond band. She was extremely non-pushy, knowledgeable and most importantly, when I told her my budget of $500 for the diamond band, she didn't blink an eye. She immediately started pulling out bands for me. No smirking, no pushing for me to spend more, she genuinely wanted to help me find a band in my price range. I don't know if Jared consultants get commission (I assumed they did) and I wanted her to get another commission off of my sale! I spoke to her on the phone, explaining what I was looking for and my budget.

When we got there she had diamonds already set aside all within my price range. My bestie and I had a blast comparing my options- (1) round, (1) emerald (2) cushions and (1) rectangular radiant and (1) square radiant. The SA was very patient as I narrowed it down to the one diamond that I choose and then on to settings! I had brought my diamond band to match up with the settings and am so glad I did! Another bonus- the setting I wanted came as a set - setting and plain band! So I have some fun options
2.gif

Ok, totally long story, but I never in a million years would have gone to Jared's in my friend hadn't highly recommended them. I'm very lucky to have gotten the SA that I did originally or I wouldn't have gone back. And I came in under budget!

So what did I pick? A .73 cut corner rectangular modified brilliant! So, a radiant
3.gif
30.gif
H, VS2. Polish/Symmetry- Very good/ Good. 5.63 x 4.76 x 3.22.

So on to pictures! The setting sits up high and from top down, lookgs like it's bezeled. Jared's actually used thin prongs which I was happy about. The setting itself it taperered but at it's widest flares to 4mm. It has endged milgraining going all the way around. The matching band is 3mm (maybe a bit wider) , milgrained sides and tapers as well.

If you got this far
20.gif
thanks for reading!

Jaredringalone.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
The side view, which is what made me choose it in the first place! It looks off centered, but it''s just the angle it''s sitting on my finger.

jaredcurveysideview.jpg

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
First of all, what an amazing daughter you are! That is so kind of you to do for your parents!!!

Second of all, your new bling is absolutely stunning!!! That radiant looks incredibly sparkly and the setting looks gorgeous on your hand!!! Congrats on the new ring. :) And happy Thanksgiving!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 6:48:11 PM
Author: motownmama
VERY PRETTY!!!!!!
30.gif
Aw, thank you Motownmama! I wasn''t going to post anything but thought, what the heck. I had a good experience and some people DO go to Jared''s and are on a smaller budget! So why not show what someone could get? Thank you for your very kind words
1.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 6:58:37 PM
Author: LFVDoll
First of all, what an amazing daughter you are! That is so kind of you to do for your parents!!!

Second of all, your new bling is absolutely stunning!!! That radiant looks incredibly sparkly and the setting looks gorgeous on your hand!!! Congrats on the new ring. :) And happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you LFVDoll! I am loving the radiant cut!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Oh and the diamond eternity band looks like it would be WAY more than $500... Great stuff. Congrats again!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Feb2003Bride, your new set and diamond band are beautiful!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Gorgeous!!!
36.gif

Your new set is absolutely beautiful! I love the matching band and how you can use your new diamond band! Are you sure that diamond is less than a carat? Looks bigger than .73 to me! It looks great on your finger!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the 3 together!!!! How''s it look with one on either side?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful and selfless person you are, and I'm SO glad you got the happy ending you deserve!! Your new set is STUNNING!! I LOVE it with all 3 rings stacked together. If time permits, can we pwease see with one band either side?? Can we, huh? Can we?
9.gif
9.gif

Great job! It's spectacular!
36.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Thank you LFV! I actaully had several options to choose from. I loved this one immediately because it as 3/4 eternity, the milgraining and the bead set diamonds. The diamonds are very clear, colorless and sparkly!

DiaDiva and Luckyeshe- thank you so much!

Motownmama- I can take a picture with each band on both sides. I''m going to ask DH for my 33rd birthday in June for a matching diamond band to wear on the other side. I''ll be back in a few with that picture for you!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Its beautiful and I really love the ER setting. I''m glad to hear you had a good experience as well. In this economy, I can''t see how any SA would be snotty to any potential customer.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 7:25:42 PM
Author: y2kitty
Its beautiful and I really love the ER setting. I''m glad to hear you had a good experience as well. In this economy, I can''t see how any SA would be snotty to any potential customer.
Thanks y2kitty! I agree- especially if they are commission based. But do a search here on Jared''s and there are very few positive stories. Thinking about it though, DH and I know 4 couples who bought their engagement rings at Jared''s and were very happy and 2 of them go their wedding band as well. But as with any store, it''s hit or miss on the SA.

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
WOW!
30.gif

Absolutely STUNNING. I''ve never been to Jared, but it sounds like you had a fabulous experience - and how fun getting to go with your bestie! Your new rings are just beautiful and you so deserve them: what you did for your parents is just so heart-warming and selfless.

Congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving,
Mariposa

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feb- Its beautiful! I remembered it well, and thought you are such a wonderful daughter and how lucky your parents are to have you. I am so excited to see your new set. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest
36.gif
I love both options, plain and diamond
30.gif
and it is fun to try on a bunch of rings
36.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Mariposa, D&T, ExoticIsabella- Thank you so much! I am really happy with the set. It feels very strange to have rings on again, but I''ll get use to it!
2.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
What a good person you are. Someone or something rewarded you with such a lovely set
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results