shape
carat
color
clarity

My heart-shaped RHR

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Shiny_Rock
Hello! I've been a lurker for, oh, about a year (what can I say? I'm shy and didn't know squat when I discovered PS). I've bought a few loose diamonds over the past year, and I have to admit, I'm a sucker for the heart shape. No, I'm not a teenager, in my 20s, or even my 30s, nor do I love Hello Kitty and all things pink. (Well, I do love pink...that much is true.) In any case, here's my newest small indulgence, which just arrived from James Allen yesterday. To put it mildly, I am not in love with the setting (it's simple, which is very much my style, but I hate the head assembly and think the bottom prong looks blobby), but I think I'll keep it as is for now until I figure out what I want to do with it for the longer term. I may take it to a local jeweler and ask for a new head assembly; I don't want to send it back to JA. Maybe he can create a thin bezel, or even a delicate halo. Thoughts?

Here's my sweetheart, .56 I/SI1, completely eye-clean, heart-shaped diamond, on my size 5 finger. Hope it brings a smile to my fellow heart lovers out there. (I know you're out there somewhere!)

_15453.jpg

heart5.jpg

_15454.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I happen to love it! :love: How about resetting it into a delicate halo?

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much! :)) I think that would be just beautiful. I've been looking for photos for inspiration, and I haven't yet found anything that comes across as delicate and not too razzle-dazzle, IMO. Not that there's anything wrong with razzle-dazzle, as it has its place, for sure...I'm just more a fan of sweetly sparkly.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE hearts, I've always wanted one in an Emilya halo or a bezel like the Tiffany hearts.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks beautiful! I agree that the bottom prong looks blobby but I'm sure your ideas about new heads will make it perfect!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Yep, the stone surpassed my expectations by a mile, but that bottom prong...wow. I am really surprised that JA sent it out that way. I chatted with a very nice customer service rep about redoing it, but she said I'd need to select a whole new band. And even then, it didn't appear that I'd have any input on how the prongs would look. That's not acceptable to me, so I'm staying local for the redo. The good thing is, it's really not all that noticeable in real life. I just kind of feel like the intern did the prongs...ha.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I am a sucker for all things heart shaped too! Always have been. I have really been wanting a heart shaped diamond for a number of years. I love your ring! I agree that the bottom prong is a little 'blobby' as you said, but at least it is well protecting the tip of your diamond. It's one of those things no one will really notice but you. I had to go back and look at the pictures again to notice it. Congratulations! I love the Tiffany style bezel but a halo would give it more finger presence. I guess it will depend on what you want more in a setting.

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
I wasn't a fan of heart shaped diamonds until I saw yours! So sweet and it brought a smile to my face for sure. I hope it keeps bringing one to yours! Can't wait to see what you decide to do for the setting.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's lovely! And I have a heart pendant, so add me to the list of heart-shaped diamond lovers!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it soooooo much! If anything fix that prong. I love bezel, but I vote a huge NO for halo. It's clean, classy and a perfectly shaped heart. But, of course do as your heart (haha) desires!!!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I'm so glad there are heart lovers around; I know they're not for everyone, but I can't get enough of mine. I showed my S.O. my little sweetheart today, and he was quite happy with it. I think I'll look into having it set into a bezel; that would make it much more practical for daily wear. (I'm not hard on my hands, but I have had plenty of klutzy moments.) Now I just need to find someone who can do it well.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. Such a beautiful :love: shape. ;-)

I like the simple solitaire setting, but a very thin halo would be great too.

I think it can be difficult to make a fine bottom prong for a heart. They always seem to be in that V shape; although I agree it could be finer. It might be difficult (or expensive) to make a fine prong for a heart in that size though.

Either way, let's see some more pictures! I would love to see some side profiles too.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
It's lovely!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I think it would look spectacular in a thin bezel. Besides, you would bypass the entire bottom prong issue.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't be offended. But that is the cutest diamond ever!! Sorry, I did think about Hello Kitty for a moment. (I LOVE Hello Kitty.) I think because the diamond is incredibly pretty!! I've never actually seen a heart shaped diamond that I liked, and I actually would consider buying one after having seen yours. I too would bezel it in yellow gold, figure out a really thin plain band, and wear it with stackers. Seriously, that is the funnest (grammar gods forgive me...) diamond ring I have seen in a long time. Please come back and show us how you reset it. I can't wait!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty! Hearts are so romantic :love:

I second the idea to put her in a delicate bezel or delicate halo and wear it with refined stacking rings.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Hearts are all about the shape, and yours is perfectly shaped and sparkly. It's so pretty that you can set it however you want, and it will be great. Looks quite large, too.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ADORE hearts!!! I'm totally crazy about them!!! I really want to get one and I think that's the next bling purchase that I'll make!

Your ring is beautiful...Your diamond has great proportions and shape and it looks lovely and BIG on your hand :appl: :appl: :appl:
Congrats :appl: :appl: :appl:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I love a good heart shaped stone! Good being the operative word ;)) And this one is sooo GOOD!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
it's so cute! I never thought I would want a heart-shaped stone, but after trying one on, I think a bezeled one might be in my future. again, gorgeous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
That diamond is so sweet! (Sorry, thats the best term I can come up for it). I agree the bottom prong looks a little blobby.

I'm getting a heart shaped ring soon myself, hopefully my stone will be as beautiful as yours! Mine will be in a simple solitaire as well.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I'm so happy that you like it. I'll try to get some better photos this weekend (profile, etc.). :D :)) :D :)) :D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it, thanks for sharing! :love:

Being a hopeless romantic deep down, I love heart cuts. So far I have only been given heart cut ruby rings, perhaps one day, someone may gift me a heart cut diamond (or neon pink sapphire) ring. :naughty: :bigsmile:

DK :))

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I really love that ring! It looks great on you in that setting, but a delicate halo might look good too. Enjoy!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwoods-hiker-girl|1394300670|3630067 said:
@DK, I think you should gift one to yourself! Why not? Life is short, and everyone could use a little more beauty. ;-)

I opted for an EC diamond as a RHR as a 40th birthday present to myself. ;))

I spec'ed and had the two ruby rings with heart shaped ruby centres made, supposingly on behalf of my late partner, however, in effect, I was gifting myself and was making sure I would have something that I liked. :naughty:

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results