shape
carat
color
clarity

My Grandmother''s Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
My grandmother passed away earlier this year. She had a lot of jewelry that she inherited from her mother. One of the pieces of jewelry I inherited from her is this ring. It is special to me because she wore it everyday and always showed it to me as a child. I don''t know many details about it, but it has 23 diamond in all and is probably over 80 years old.

PicGra1 (2).JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry about your grandmother. The ring you inherited is very pretty. How nice to have fond memories of her wearing it.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 3:47:27 PM
Author: MC
Sorry about your grandmother. The ring you inherited is very pretty. How nice to have fond memories of her wearing it.
Thank you MC. I just read your post about your SIL. It must be very hard on you. I lost a lot family members this year as well. In addition to my grandmother (who passed away in June), my grandfather (her husband) just passed away in November. They were my dad''s parents and it is very tough on him. My husband''s uncle also passed away in November. It is very difficult to lose loved ones.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry for your loss
7.gif

It''s wonderful that you have such a lovely ring to remember her by. Wear it in good health
1.gif

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 3:49:44 PM
Author: EHR2009
That is one of the coolest rings I have ever seen!
Thank you! I get a lot of comments from others on it. I can''t believe how many people have asked me if it is real. When I took it into a jewelry store to check to see if the prongs were safe the woman asked me if I wanted to break it up and make other pieces out of it. NEVER!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think it is so nice that you have something that holds such fond memories of your grandmother! Lovely!

lily000

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring!! Made even more beautiful, I''m sure, by your memories of your grandmother.

shine4me

Rough_Rock
I sdore your new addition, the design uniqueness of it and not to mention the love that came with it. I''m so sorry for your loss but what a great way to remember her and know that you can look down and see it everyday wearing it the same way she did and be able to tell the same story one day! And I also love your wedding set!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow JerseyGrl your Grandmother''s ring is breathtaking! I love it, and its sentimental value is worth more than anything. I''m sorry for your loss, but everytime you look at your hand you will think fondly and lovingly of your Gram.

P.S. I''m a Jersey Girl too!
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry to hear of your loss. Your ring is very beautiful--wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. What a lovely piece to remember her by though!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! You are so blessed to have received it, and I''m sorry to hear about your losses this year.

My grandmother also passed away this year and I found out I will be inheriting her engagement ring, 25th and 50th anniversary rings. It means sooooooooooo much to me! The main reason being that out of all of my cousins I love vintage ANYTHING, especially jewelry and she knew I would take great care of them.

Cj

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry about your loss. It is nice to have a part of her is still with you on a daily basis. That is a very beautiful ring. Wow!!! How would you plan to wear it? I love all stuff with history behind it.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jersey Girl,

That ring is so fabulous. So sorry for your loss, but wear it in good health and enjoy. I just love that entire generation of our grandmothers. Aren''t they just the greatest?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry for the loss of your grandmother, the ring is a beautiful way to remember her.
I would love to see a profile shot if you can
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful way to remember your grandmother. Gorgeous ring!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your lost. But the ring is definitely gorgeous and a beautiful way to remember your grandmother by. It''s great that it will bring back fond memories of her whenever you wear it.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a gorgeous ring, you are so lucky to have something dear to your grandmother than you can wear every single day and remember her by.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about your grandma. I am glad you''ll have a lovely that was hers.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it''s SO beautiful, I''ve never seen a piece quite like it! I''m so sorry to learn of your grandmother''s passing, but what a lovely memento for you to keep
1.gif

DiamondRascal

Rough_Rock
What a sensationally unique ring!! I haven''t ever seen one like it! Really neat mixture of shapes too! I''m sure that you will wear it and remember endearing memories of your grandmother. Enjoy it and may your heart be filled with fond memories whenever you look at it!
1.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your grandmother! The ring you inherited is absolutely stunning, I''ve never seen anything like it.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Jersey Girl, I''m so sorry you''ve lost your grandmother. She was obviously very important to you. But I''m so happy for you that you have such a wonderful piece to remember her by. Wear it in good health!

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Thank you very much for all your kind responses. I love that I have this ring to remember my Grandmother by.

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring... Very sorry to hear about your grandma, though... I lost my grandma this year and my grandpa gave me one her rings for Christmas (from "Gram" he said)... It's bitter sweet, I think, because I would so much rather have her back than have the ring, but at least it's a way to have a symbol of your grandma near you always. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results