shape
carat
color
clarity

My Graduation Present (Antique Ring)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
My family just flew in today and gave me the graduation present that I picked out MONTHS ago! It is an antique ring from about the late 19th century Rome that we picked up at a local antique jeweler in our hometown. It is about a .75 carat ruby with 3 rose cut diamonds on each side set in silver (?) and gold. I''m not quite sure if the white metal is platinum, silver, white gold, or what exactly. It''s a fairly heavy ring though, for the size it is. I don''t have pics tonight as I just got home from visiting with my family, but I will take pictures and post them tomorrow!!

*M*

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
can''t wait to see the photos!!!
face1.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
No pics?!!!??!?! what a tease!!
29.gif
it sounds lovely, can''t wait to see it.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS ON BOTH COUNTS POPTART! Ring and graduation...!
emotion-19.gif

It could very well be silver. Many rings were set in silver of that era. Platinum wasn''t as popular until Art Deco around the 20''s.

We need pictures though. LOTS. I love antique jewlery... *sigh* Something so amazing about wearing something that was made with such craftsmanship so long ago and could tell quite a tale if it could speak... think of the hands it''s graced, the stories it could have been part of... It sounds lovely!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh Poptart, I will be checking back like a maniac for sure to see your pictures!
31.gif
I love that you know some history behind the ring, and it sounds stunning. Congrats on graduation too!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
First one... Dun... dun... DUUUUNNNN!!

Antique Ruby Ring 007.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
next...

Antique Ruby Ring 002.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
another.

Antique Ruby Ring 003.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I''m so slow.

Antique Ruby Ring 010.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for tonight...

Antique Ruby Ring 006.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your suggestion Nicrez! I figured it was silver, but it has held up very well!

Does anyone have a good method for cleaning a ring like this? I don''t want to damage the ruby or silver at all. Thanks!

*M*

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so beautiful!!! I really love the bezel setting and the cute three bezel diamonds on each side. Gorgeous!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
poptart, it''s really a lovely, lovely ring. Enjoy, and wear it in good health! Congrats on your graduation too!
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow Poptart! Your ruby baby is really pretty
1.gif
I am experiencing serious ring and finger envy!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thanks guys! I wish I could capture the sparkle in the lamp light, but no luck. I am going to try and take pictures in the sun soon, or have DH take them when he gets back since he is a genius with the camera. It looks like it''s got a purple tint in the pictures, but really it''s a gorgeous clear red. It really comes out in the sunlight and those rose cut diamonds twinkle like mad!

*M*

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I loooove
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
chunky facets and would have loved to have had a rose, mine or OE cut stone for my ering. Can't wait to see your rose cuts in daylight. You have six of them
23.gif
, in one ring!!! Sweeet!!!!
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous, Poptart!! Congratulations on both your ring and your graduation.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh so wonderful! Congrats all ''round!

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning poptart! And congratulations on your graduation!!! Now hubby just needs to come home and all will be right in the world.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful piece of history!!!!! Congratulations on your GRADUATION!!!

MWG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. What a special gift for this milestone in your life. Congratulations on your graduation!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the graduation! The ring is beautiful
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous; congrats!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful!!!! I love the detail and femininity of the ring! Congrats on graduation!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results