shape
carat
color
clarity

My gorgeous diamond studs with jumbo backs from BGD

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Finally I have my studs from BGD. And I am thrilled with the outcome. I am posting the glamor shots here and will post ear shots later today. The 4 prong setting is really delicate. The prongs really are not noticeable and the jumbo backs in platinum don't make the studs droop and make hold them in place. They are 0.532 I SI1 and 0.52 H SI1 BGD signature stones.

BrianGavin_Basket1b_062411.jpg

BrianGavin_Basket3b_062411_12.jpg

BrianGavin_Basket2b_062411_7.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great classic choice!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are happy with them, Prashu! They are very pretty - looking forward to your ear-shots and real-life thoughts :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look so elegant!! Are they the original stud diamonds, or did you switch to different ones?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - so glad that you like this pair - I know you've waited a long time!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! :love: Are these the same stones that were set in the bezels? If so, I am assuming it was a problem with the bezels as was expected.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea with the oversized backs...my ears are so whimpy and the holes got big even though I have never worn heavy
earrings. I've pretty much given up on wearing my studs and plan on having them made into danglers to wear with huggies.
Nough about me :) .

Enjoy your new earrings!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1309053202|2955132 said:
Great! :love: Are these the same stones that were set in the bezels? If so, I am assuming it was a problem with the bezels as was expected.

Yes, I'm a little curious as to whether the issue was the stones or the setting as well.

Your earrings are beautiful!! I love the basket settings (I may be a bit biased since I have the same ones :cheeky: ) Diamond stud earrings are just the best. They go with everything and have such a classic look. Post ear shots when you get a chance!

And I need to figure out how to track down those jumbo backs - I'm using backs with the plastic discs on them, but they're not very secure and I'm not crazy about how they look. (very short hair)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, any jeweler should be able to order them for you from a findings supplier like Stuller.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1309123842|2955577 said:
Junebug, any jeweler should be able to order them for you from a findings supplier like Stuller.

Ah, that makes sense - thanks DS!

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everybody for your lovely comments. I know you all want the details. So here you go, it is rather long-

I originally picked an 0.53 I SI2 and a 0.52 H SI1 diamonds to be set in the handmade bezel setting with milgrain. But when I received them, I knew something was wrong with one of the studs and I thought it was the H SI1 diamond because it looked more white than the other. When I spoke to Brian about the stud, he asked me to just send the one stud back which I did. He then told me that it was burnt during the bezel making process and suggested a 0.532 I SI1 diamond. Which I did not have a problem with as the I SI2 and I SI1 were a better match in size than the I SI2 and H SI1. When I received the I SI1 stud back, I noticed that the stud looked smaller than the one I had. I kept it for almost 3 weeks as you all know before sending both the studs back. By now, I was not in love with the setting itself and felt like I would not have to deal with the bezels matching or the size of the stones if I have it set in a 4 prong setting. It turns out the diamonds were not the I SI1 and I SI2 like I thought instead they were the H SI1 and I SI1 diamonds whose dimensions are 5.15 by 5.20 and 5.20 by 5.22 which I did not know until after the diamonds were taken out photographed next to each other and were ready to be set into the 4 prong setting. Even though they are not a 100% match in size, it was the bezels that caused one to look bigger than the other. I asked Brian to have the diamonds taken out of the bezel setting and photograph them side by side for comparison. I was happy with the diamonds((I did not know that the diamonds were H SI1 and I SI1 even after this) after I saw the pictures and Brian suggested that I go with the jumbo backs to prevent the diamonds for drooping.

I came to know that it was the I SI2 diamond that was burnt and that Brian did not charge me for the difference of almost $130 when he picked the I SI1 diamond to replace the I SI2. Also he did not charge me for changing my mind as the handmade bezel setting itself cannot be returned. So in the end I have to say that Brian did really come through. He also told me that if I am unhappy with the diamonds, I can keep the current ones until a better pair or diamond becomes available and he will switch them at the same per carat price so I don't have to worry about the increasing diamond prices. With BGD you do get a more personalized experience that with WhiteFlash. I have to say that I will not hesitate to buy from him again. So here are a few IRL pics

4prongjumboback.jpg

4prong2.jpg

4prong1.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That explains the size difference! One was clearly bigger than the other.

I am glad that Brian came through and made you happy with the purchase. Customer service like that is not always easy to come by.

The earrings look beautiful on you - very nice choice and I love the settings!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
PA-C|1309225705|2956701 said:
they are beautiful! perfect size :appl:

Absolutely! I 100% agree!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous as well as you!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great size and they look great on you! I never knew there was a risk at setting diamonds in bezel. How interesting. I am glad BGD were so wonderful to work with. Enjoy them.

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Love those jumbo backs - where did you come across/ learn about them? Great idea.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! I've never seen jumbo backs before. Do they really keep the studs from drooping? Are they comfortable? Congrats!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are simply beautiful!! Wear in good health and happiness!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely and classic! Great choice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results