shape
carat
color
clarity

My GOG rock in long awaited Mark Morrell wedding set!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my....I just love it. The way it is open on the sides, kind of U-prong. Love the hearts. Oh and the baby....TOO CUTE!

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
JadeLeaves,

Do you realize that this post have been viewed over 7,000 times! That''s incredible!! I''m sure alot of people viewed this post MULTIPLE times also!! And that includes me! Still love your wedding set!! I wonder if a smaller version can be maded for a 1.5 ct center stone with smaller side stones. Or is this set custom made and cannot be copied? Just curious....I already bought a new wedding set recently before I saw this post...but maybe down the road I might reset to a setting similiar to yours!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jade, I broke down and called Mark Morrell today! I really, really like him! I don''t know how this will all turn out, but I wanted you to know that your rings inspired me to finally at least call!

Are you still 110% happy with everything about your rings? Any changes you''d make if you had to do it over?

kathleen

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker -

I have to admit, I did the same thing!! I''ve been talking to Mark Morrell!! Jade''s rings inspired me also!! I warned Mark that he may be getting lots of calls from us Pricescopers looking for Jade''s rings!!
21.gif

Aren''t they just the most BEAUTIFUL things???

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is funny, Kathleen! I do think those rings are works of art. I wish I would just be content with what I have. But when you see the sides of those settings and that gorgeous crown on her e-ring, it is just hard to resist! I think he''ll be getting a good bit of new business based on Jade''s rings and the flame setting. I had once leaned toward the Lockes setting, but I am glad at this point that I waited.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Thks lumpkin, gothgrrl, tweeanna & kathleen!

tweeanna - this set is custom made and Mark is going to probably offer the design as part of his regular line (sunburst, flame etc). I''m sure he will be able to make this set according to the specs of your center stone!

diamondseeker - how exciting!! Yes Mark is lovely isn''t he? I am more in love with my rings if that is even possible. I''ve lost count of the amount of times I''ve been stopped whilst I am out and abouts by ppl wanting to have a closer look at them. Mind you, these women were mostly sporting decent sized honkers that weren''t too shabby either
2.gif
I love how they all looked so surprised when, upon a closer look discovered that all the prongs are hearts.

The only change I''d make will be to get them made in a smaller size because my fingers were sized during pregnancy and the rings are slightly loose on me now. It doesn''t bother me though, because even when they spin a little, both rings spins together so I don''t see diamonds on one and metal on the other. If I lose more weight I may get sizing beads put in at some point, but I''m happy with it at the moment.

Do keep us updated!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Jade: I love your set! WOW - I can''t believe I missed this!! It looks so lovely in shots with Button, awww adorable
emteeth.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Jadeleaves, I haven''t posted in a long while, but am glad I didn''t miss your rings (better late than never). I saw similar on MM''s website the other day and was drooling and wondering how they would look in handshots. Now I know they look GORGEOUS. You are one lucky lady, but a very deserving one after the hassle you went through with your previous set (my heart went out to you throughout your whole ordeal). You have got exactly what you deserve.... a dream come true. As for Button, what a cutie!

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
Jadeleaves, I just cant stop coming back here and look at your baby and beautiful ring
30.gif
They are both adorable!! I have tried to google Mark Morell but he does not seem to have his own homepaige... How can I get in touch with him?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Awww thks rosebud & minimouse!

Swedeabroad, Mark''s website is here..

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Jade!!!

Please forgive my late arrival to this thread. I haven''t had alot of time to visit here lately as we''re doing some restructuring, but I wanted to express our gratitude for being able to help you with this project. I love the pix of the ring but even moreso the little jewel holding the ring in those first shots.
1.gif
Tim, Charles, Christen and Marie send their kind regards and thanks too. And from one friend to another, a sincere thanks. The rings are truly a work of art.

Warm regards,
Jonathan

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jon,

You are too kind.

I am thrilled to bits with my stone (and rings!!) and thank both Tim and yourself for finding me this beauty. Christen was a doll to work with as usual.

Now that my RB upgrade is out of the way, one day, we''re going to find me that elusive asscher I have been dreaming about
31.gif

Once again, thank you very very much!!
36.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Jadeleaves,

Congrats on such a beautiful set!! I have always loved MM but this set takes the cake.

DL

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a simply amazing set. I am at a loss for words. I just LOVE the shots with the ering resting on its'' table. Such craftsmanship in the setting. Wonderful stone too.

niku414

Rough_Rock
Ah YOu are the ONE!! :) I have been tracking Mark Morrell''s Work for some time now -- and I saw YOUR ring on his website last time I checked..it is GORGEGOUS!! congratulations! :)

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - fantastic settings!

And you got them shipped all the way from GoG and Mark Morrell to Australia?

Do you mind if I ask if you had to pay GST or run through any customs trouble enroute?

But those are really really nice!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Can''t believe I didn''t see this post the WHOLE TIME it''s been up??!!

Gorgeous rings, Jade - and nice to see you happy with them. I know there have been a few false starts in trying to get your vision, but happy that it''s worked out for you! YAY!

Beautiful baby, too!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I'm overseas on holidays at the moment, and it's a nice surprise to log on and read new comments about my rings (and baby)! Thanks :)

Date: 2/19/2007 8:22:48 AM
Author: tanalasta
Do you mind if I ask if you had to pay GST or run through any customs trouble enroute?

tanalasta, yes I had to pay duties and GST on the set, and it was painful
39.gif
. The actual customs clearance was no trouble as fedex took care of everything for me. It's having to fork out 10% gst and duties on the entire set that really hurt!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I keep coming back to take another look and still drool each time!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Jade leaves, I just wanna kiss those button cheeks....makes me sad for when my first was that little....ah well..

I went through this thread again looking for specs..

If its not too much trouble, would you mind sharing your stone specs, ring size, band mm widths.

Very much appreciated!

Cheers!

Jeannine

kathleen

Rough_Rock
Hi Jadeleaves!!

After seeing your rings, I''ve contacted Mark Morrell and hopefully going to have your set made. I wanted to ask though, have you had any problems with the rings rubbing together a scratching eachother? The sides are sooooo beautiful on those, I would hate for them to get damaged. Also, with all of the detail, is it hard to keep them clean?

I just keep coming back to this thread over and over and over, dreaming of the day when I can get my ring. Again, it is so beautiful.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jeannine,

Sorry for the late reply - I am still on holidays and don''t get to check PS much.

I don''t think I ever posted the specs of the stone but might have linked to the GOG page before. Let me try to find it..

Ahh here you go.

I got the rings made in size 7 1/2 but it is very loose on me now because that was my pregnancy finger size. It is prob 3/4 size too big for me now, but luckily (or unluckily!!) I have big knuckles
14.gif
so the rings wont slip off. I can''t bear to part with the rings for a resize though!

The band worked out to be a tad over 3mm. Both the ring and the band are the same width.

Kathleen, it''s so exciting to see fellow p''sers getting my set too! Re: rings rubbing and scratching, because of the way Mark designed the rings, when they rubbed together, the rings won''t scratch at all. Every bit of the set is so smooth it doesn''t catch on anything either. You won''t have a problem with that!

I use an ultrasonic to keep my rings clean, so they are pretty clean most of the time. The design of the set is quite open, and you probably won''t have any trouble keeping it clean by soaking in a solution and scrubbing it with a soft toothbrush or something too.

Do post pics when you get yours!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding set is beautiful..I am looking to "recycle" my rings this is the kind of setting I want...congrats on the beautiful ring and the baby
1.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
JadeLeaves, sorry I''m so late but I too think your rings are fabulous!! They make me want to just send my diamond to Mark Morrell and let him do his magic! Also congrats on your adorable baby!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

I get so much delight out of the exclamations ppl make when they realize that the little prongs are all heart-shaped. From far the set looks just like a normal eternity style set, but the details are amazing when you look up close and personal.

a story for my fellow p''sers:

I went to my favorite hairdresser in singapore which I don''t get to do often seeing as I live in Melbourne now, and a very famous local celeb was sitting next to me. After about 30mins of her sneaking glances at my rings, she leaned over and asked me if she could take a closer look. She LOVED them, and asked me for Mark Morrell''s details and confided that she might have a chance to use his services soon. How''s that for a scoop eh? She''s going out with a fellow celeb and they are not engaged yet
31.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 10:41:36 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Thanks!

I get so much delight out of the exclamations ppl make when they realize that the little prongs are all heart-shaped. From far the set looks just like a normal eternity style set, but the details are amazing when you look up close and personal.

a story for my fellow p''sers:

I went to my favorite hairdresser in singapore which I don''t get to do often seeing as I live in Melbourne now, and a very famous local celeb was sitting next to me. After about 30mins of her sneaking glances at my rings, she leaned over and asked me if she could take a closer look. She LOVED them, and asked me for Mark Morrell''s details and confided that she might have a chance to use his services soon. How''s that for a scoop eh? She''s going out with a fellow celeb and they are not engaged yet
31.gif
Ack! Noo!! I don''t want him getting too famous before I can get my ring
31.gif
...(which looks like it won''t be until NEXT spring!!
39.gif
)!

sydneyk

Rough_Rock
Jadeleaves your wedding set is breathtaking!!

I''m from Singapore and can I take a guess at the local celeb? Fann Wong perhaps?
31.gif

CynthiaS

Rough_Rock
This wedding set is the set of my dreams!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is breathtaking!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results