shape
carat
color
clarity

my fiance's oval halo ring

ovalissimo

Rough_Rock
I wanted to post the final product from my recent process of finding an engagement ring for my fiance. The PS community has been very helpful to me so I thought it important to share the end result.

The ring is a 2.30 H VVS2 oval with 0.82 carats of diamonds in the setting. The entire setting is 100% handmade, and as you can see in the photos I asked for the halo itself to be cut out on the bottom to reduce metal and allow more light into the halo diamonds.

I worked with a truly excellent jeweler on 47th street, SH Zell. I cannot recommend these guys highly enough. They were both extremely patient with me, willing to invest a lot of time in education, and willing to spend multiple cycles iterating on finding the perfect stone. They also have very competitive prices on stones due to their relationships--I did a detailed spreadsheet analysis of their pricing vs. all the online PS vendors as well as some merchants I spoke with, and their prices were always at the bottom end of the range. For the setting, they can work with some of the named micropave folks listed in PS, but they also have another metalsmith they work with who does excellent work, and is a bit cheaper. The overall price of the setting you see here, completely handmade, was $3600. I really recommend going to see SH Zell if you want a full service experience.

The pics the jeweler took are below, I'm going to also try and post some that we took.

on%20its%20side.jpg
front%20top%20view.jpg
back%20of%20ring.jpg

ovalissimo

Rough_Rock
OK just figured out how to post a couple other photos. Had to size the files down.

Worth mentioning that only one of these photos is her hand, the other two are mine. She has very small hands also: the ring is sized 3.5 and is still loose on her finger.

on%20her%20finger-1.jpg
side%20view%20on%20index%20finger-1.jpgon%20pinky-1.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, that's quite a ring! Congrats on your engagement and thanks for sharing your experiences with your jeweler.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I am glad you didn't go with a 2.5 ct. stone when she has such tiny fingers! It is HUGE as it is! And wise decision going with H color, too! Very beautiful ring! :love: :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delicious! :love: That is a gorgeous ring. I love ovals!

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow. That is such a beautiful ring. I love LOVE ovals.

And WOW, I think my pinky is bigger than her ring finger! Such dainty hands! The ring looks amazing on her.

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous! Absolutely stunning and amazing finger coverage!!!

Also wierd comment but that table in the second picture is also gorgeous... do you know where I can find something like that?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Very nice choice :love:
The halo is fantastic - and love that pave on the "under carriage" of the halo! Gonna sparkle and light up the room, from all angles!
Congratulations :appl:

ovalissimo

Rough_Rock
snowy: it's not a table, that's actually the base of a lamp. no idea where it came from though, sorry, it's years and years old

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooo I love ovals and this is a beauty! Superb ring and I'm a little bit =) with envy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a truly gorgeous ring!! Looks beautiful, and huge, on her hand!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
simply gorgeous :) the oval is such an elegant shape. thank you for sharing and congratulations on your engagement!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning stone and equally beautiful ring. Congratulations.

I swear, I've never seen oval diamonds before discovering PS. Now I love them, and they are on my 'wishlist.'

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results