shape
carat
color
clarity

My ERING! Custom blue sapphire in palladium white gold!!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I had no idea this proposal was coming. My SO and I had talked about styles and stones that I liked, but he really outdid himself!

The ring is custom designed, hand engraved, unplated palladium white gold, size 5 1/2. I really wanted a mix of modern and vintage (and no prongs), and I think if came out really well.

I don''t know exact details, but I do know this about the stone: Light blue Ceylon sapphire, vvs1, ~5x7mm,

It''s set east-west in a semi-bezel.

Here''s a link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ering-light-blue-sapphire-in-custom-half-bezel-14kt-unplated-pd-wg.145523/

ringpics__0079.jpg

BoulderGal

Shiny_Rock
Whoa! That''s stunning! I really like the medium (?) blue sapphire and that it''s east/west-unique. It looks really cool on your hand. Congratulations on your engagement.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful. Congratulations on your engagement!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this is just so pretty!!! It really is a combination of vintage and modern, I love it! It looks perfect on your hand. Congrats on your new beautiful ring and your engagement!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
WOW -- what a gorgeous ring! It''s soooooo cool... I love the stone and the design, and the fact that your honey surprised you with such an amazing ring is especially awesome!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
It`s gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I love the color.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a really pretty ring - the sapphire colour is lovely! And how sweet that he planned out the design like that!
5.gif

Congratulations bg!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love you custom setting! Your sapphire''s shade of blue is so pretty! Beautiful ring!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!!! He did a great job with the custom setting! I love the EW style of the setting!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many congrats
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
The color of your stone is amazing
30.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I realize it''s not a "typical" ering design, and people around here get confused by the fact it''s a sapphire and not a diamond, lol.

Thanks for sharing my excitement with me!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 1:52:18 PM
Author: blingergrrrl
Thanks everyone! I realize it''s not a ''typical'' ering design, and people around here get confused by the fact it''s a sapphire and not a diamond, lol.

Thanks for sharing my excitement with me!

What you need to start telling these people is that a sapphire was really one of the first engagement stones used not the diamond.

I love the ring. And the corn flower blue of the sapphire can go with anything. Would you mind taking more pictures. It''s really stunning.
4.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
GEEZE I'm sorry my post sounded so mean, but I wasn't trying to be.
5.gif

It just bothers me when people don't understand "BLING" like us PS people do, and that they don't know things about jeweler like us here do. But I really wasn't at all trying to be mean.
12.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
For sure I can take more pictures. I am just travelling right now so once I am settled in my new home later this week I will post the pics. Thanks for asking, and sorry I didn't respond to your post earlier!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and the sapphire is such a pretty shade! Congratulations! :appl:

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely ring! It looks beautiful on you! Congrats on the engagement!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It's very pretty - love the light blue color and the design of the setting. Congrats on your engagement!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! We need some close ups!! Congratulations!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see more pics. I've been wanting an eternity band to wear with my RB, but just the past week or so I've really thought about getting a sapphire one. I really need to go try some on. :bigsmile:

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It's beautiful! MORE pics please of this beauty! :appl: :appl: :appl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty and Unique!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results