shape
carat
color
clarity

My engagement ring is here!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lawstudent

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your compliments!! I''ll take more photos and post - promise!

To answer your questions:
1) Yup, it''s only a 0.76. We tried on sizes in a B&M store, and this size seemed perfect for my fingers
2) Both the setting and diamond are from James Allen - link to setting:http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_57-2648_build.asp?module=setting

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
when I said I have looked at in many times I have to clarify...online I have looked at it many times... in my bookmarks from the JA site. I was a little afraid the bottom basket part of setting would cover too much of the diamond up. From the way it looks in your photos. It does not at all in my view. How do you think an eternity diamond band would fit up against it. I know it won''t be flush...but have you had a chance to try on wedding bands with it yet?

Looking forward to more pics........congrats again..

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oooooo! What a lovely ring! Congratulations!
36.gif

I love the setting, and your stone literally glows! Beautiful ring and photos!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring and cool setting! It looks huge on your hand! Enjoy!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Really sleek, but still classic! Love it!

lawstudent

Rough_Rock
lauralu, I haven''t tried on bands yet. I don''t like the super-matchy look, so I think an eternity band would look fabulous. In fact, coatimundi is wearing my absolute favorite - the scalloped eternity band. Coati, where did you find that beauty?
1.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Can we get a shot of it on Black''s Law Dictionary or the FRCP or something sexy like that?
2.gif

Joking, of course. Sorta.

Congratulations! It looks great -- and you have really pretty hands!

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
what a cool setting. congrats!
1.gif

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lawstudent. I remember you!!!
WOW your ring looks so cool, contemporary and just right on your finger. Great Job! Beautiful!
Congratulations.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! I am in love with the buttercup crown, it''s stunning!!! Your ring looks so gorgeous and flowing, a cool mix between modern and antique.

countrygirl28

Rough_Rock
lawstudent that ring is fabulous! i love the setting. i''m in the middle of my ering upgrade from JA and you have me seriously rethinking my setting choice. that profile pic really got to me. i love the way it just cups the diamond! beautiful!!!
36.gif

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and welcome to PS! Your ring looks beautiful on your hand!
1.gif
Best of luck to you.

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
Soooo pretty!! I love the contemporary look, and your setting is super cool. Congrats!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful ring!!!!

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
i ABSOLUTELY love your ering! wow! a one-of-a-kind.

really? "CUTE"? absolutely not! when i think cute, i think heart shaped .2 carat diamond not a substantial, over 3/4 carat rock!

you have great taste =)

pichu

Rough_Rock
congrats! the side profile is really lovely.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Its really lovely, congratulations!
I love that the setting is unique and so sleek and the buttercup head is so cute!
I hope you enjoy it
5.gif

countrygirl28

Rough_Rock
Lawstudent, you probably thought I was kidding when I said I was reconsidering my setting choice after I saw yours. I pulled the trigger today and I went with the same setting you got. It''s funny because on the JA website I saw it, but didn''t really think twice about it. But on your hand it''s beautiful! There was a setting that I had been planning on for months, but it wasn''t from JA so there was that whole getting the setting shipped there to get my new stone set. It wasn''t my favorite setting, but it was nice and fit the budget. I just didn''t see anything on the JA website that struck my fancy and fit the budget. But when I saw your pics I loved the setting, and when I showed it to FI to ask his opinion of it, without any prompting he said that''s the type of setting he could really see me wearing (he originally bought a temp setting)! Our situation is similar to yours (I''m a med student and he''s a grad student) so we were trying to maximize the our modest student budget! Once again, your ring is beautiful!
30.gif
Enjoy it!
35.gif

lawstudent

Rough_Rock
More pictures! In daylight this time
1.gif

IMG_3361.JPG

lawstudent

Rough_Rock
a little closer up...

IMG_3362.JPG

lawstudent

Rough_Rock
final pic!

IMG_3364.JPG

lawstudent

Rough_Rock
countrygirl, good choice! I''m in love with this ring - I think you''ll be really happy with it!!

It''s so me...and like you, I had my eyes on another setting for weeks...before deciding on this one. The one I liked (Sholdt Twisp setting) was out of our budget, and this one seemed like a great compromise. Plus, getting the stone + setting from the same place just gave me peace of mind.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful ... Congrats!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very classic and gorgeous. Congratulations.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow I love your setting! It is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results