shape
carat
color
clarity

My eBay win!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cobaltgirl

Rough_Rock
Several months ago, my grandmother passed her engagement ring down to me. I''ve posted the story here before, but to sum it up, my grandfather was in the war with a jeweler from NYC. When they got home, my grandpa sent the man $240, and was sent the engagement ring. Its platinum knife edge, center stone is just over a half carat, h, vs2-si1. Side stones are quarter carat marquise, vs1, g in color.

Anyways I upgraded my current wedding set with this ring, and a plain platinum band. I always wanted a diamond band, but could never find one that looked nice with it. Finally last week, I found an ebay auction with a platinum knife edge 3 stone marquise band. 2.75mm wide, .15ctw, I color, vs2-si1. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one. The price was only at $40, and I feared it would go WAY up in the last days of the auction. I really think somehow it was meant for me to find because the most I could bid was $133. It ended at $130. My husband and I don''t have much money, but our 8 year wedding anniversary is next month! We eloped at 18 and 19 years old, so things have always been tight for us, and had this not been on ebay it would have been so far out of my reach.

The ring came today, and I''m in love! It really is a perfect match. I can''t wait to have it resized so I can really wear it.

Thanks for reading and looking! :)

277589379_44e529a144.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Your story gives me chills, what a great find!

your e-ring is simply gorgeous, I love it. And the band looks like you had it custom made to match the e-ring, what incredible luck! It was meant to be yours for sure!

Congratulations & enjoy your new find!

Jeannine

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your win, it really is a perfect match! Such a lovely classic set!
30.gif

jayrenay9

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a find! I would swear they were made to go together, it looks like a perfect match. Congratulations!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~The band couldn''t be a more perfect fit with your e-ring!! Great find!!
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It truely looks like it was meant to be with your e-ring! What a wonderful find, it looks beautiful and makes it a perfect set.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Cobaltgirl, what a wonderful story. Congratulations on the ring. It's matches your e-ring perfectly.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on such a great find! It looks like it was made for your e-ring.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
what a great find! It looks like you found exactly what you were looking for at a really good price. It matches perfectly. (and I love your e-ring by the way!)

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
OH MY! WHAT A STORY! This seems to good to be true...you are so very lucky. Congrats on this wonderful and special find. That band looks as though you spent a couple grand designing the perfect match to your wedding set!!!!

WOW WOW WOW!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely and special engagement ring you have and that band looks amazing with it! You really did good with this ebay purchase!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
How perfect! It does sound like it was meant to be. I''m glad you found a match.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, neat story, nice find, not only do they look great together, they look great on your hand.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
That is absolute perfection! Thanks so much for sharing your story. I think that there are some things that are just meant to be and this was one of them! Congrats on a perfect match!

snez33

Rough_Rock
WOW! What an amazing find! I love ebay for that kind of thing. But really, wow...it is a perfect match all the way to the knife edge. Truly, truly it was meant for you!!
emhot.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow what a perfect match! i had to re-read the story to be sure i got it right! i can''t believe they didn''t come together as a set!! congrats on a wonderful find!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Those rings are gorgeous! The band looks like a perfect match!
30.gif
I love EW marquise sidestones...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow -- those rings were MEANT to be together! Congratulations on such a great perfect find!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Wow, they are simply perfect together!
36.gif
I firmly believe that when things are meant to be they are meant to be! Congratulations.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
cgirl, wow, I do believe it WAS meant to be. As others have said, it''s a perfect match. Don''t you love it when life deals you a winning card? Congrats!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
I love the sentimental value and story of your e-ring. Your wedding band is truly meant for you! It''s a perfect match. Enjoy your Ebay win! What a lovely story to tell your kids and grandchildren one sweet day!
face23.gif

emlove.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautifully sentimental story!! The wedding band and ering look like they were made for eachother! Congratulations on such a beautiful find!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, it''s perfect! Yay eBay!
36.gif
My set is a 1930''s vintage from eBay, so I love this story . . . I just wish I had the grandpa-in-the-war story to go with mine. Maybe I''ll make something up.
11.gif

Congrats on a great find!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that HAS to be the ring originally made to go with that e-ring. Amazing! It really makes it to have both of them! I think it is a beautiful set!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, I can''t believe how perfect they look together! Unreal! They look like they were part of a once seperated set!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that story is just the best!!! I love the ring, looks as though it was custom made for your ering. What a great find!!! It looks lovely on your hand!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love them together! What a great find!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is SOOO perfect! That is crazy! Congrats on finding such a great piece.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speechless. So I''ll type.

I actually doubt CUSTOM would have turned out as perfect a match. BEAUTIFUL! Plus you get your own "magic" story to go along with Grandpa''s story! Though - good luck getting people to believe they weren''t always a set.

ENJOY!

(I wonder if Ebay has a section for "awesome stories" ... I bet they''d LOVE this one!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results