carat
color
clarity

My DREAM Solitaire from CVB/LAD!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ice Princess said:
Gorgeous re-set and super ironic I found this thread because I'm doing the SAME thing!!!

I'm going to have Steven Kirsch re-set my double split-shank halo (also his) to a gorgeous solitaire setting.

I'm the type of person who has to LOVE my ring when I look at it and due to some personal circumstances (negative memories etc) associated with my current ring, I'm thinking to re-set it and start over.

At first I thought I'd have Erica/Grace buy it and I'd get my dream cushion diamond to have Steven set it, but perhaps that's too complicated- especially, since I live in Canada.

Regardless, I'm doing the same thing with my halo! Crazy that at the end of the day, simple has always been where my heart is.

How exciting, Ice Princess!! I can't wait to see it -- it will be amazing! [emoji7]

AEChristie

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! It's a gorgeous set!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! She's a beauty as a solitaire. Love your current wedding set.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_ said:
Congrats!!! She's a beauty as a solitaire. Love your current wedding set.

Thank you!! I'm enjoying it so much!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Msop on a perfect solitaire!!! It is beautiful in every way and between your precious baby and the diamond photos...and the colorful pharmaceuticals, whooo-hooo! :twirl: LOL Add in some puppies, kittens and bunnies and let's just call it a day! :love: :love: :love:

Seriously, your setting is just gorgeous and your diamond is stunning! Enjoy wearing it and way to "power-adapt" your jewelry to your mommy-hood! :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod said:
Congratulations Msop on a perfect solitaire!!! It is beautiful in every way and between your precious baby and the diamond photos...and the colorful pharmaceuticals, whooo-hooo! :twirl: LOL Add in some puppies, kittens and bunnies and let's just call it a day! :love: :love: :love:

Seriously, your setting is just gorgeous and your diamond is stunning! Enjoy wearing it and way to "power-adapt" your jewelry to your mommy-hood! :appl:

Hey Lainey!! Thank you! "Power-adapt" -- LOVE IT! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

...now to go find those kittens... [emoji192][emoji190][emoji195][emoji183][emoji991]

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Msop- I think I'm going to need more than 4 prongs for my thin-girdled OEC. I am thinking about this solitaire. It's perfect!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1476376411|4086690 said:
Msop- I think I'm going to need more than 4 prongs for my thin-girdled OEC. I am thinking about this solitaire. It's perfect!

YAAAASSSSSSS!!!! Do it!! :love: :appl:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1476390435|4086791 said:

acacia sold. Shipping out tomorrow for a jovyn. :lol: :lol: :lol:

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
soxfan|1476391903|4086801 said:

I love the Jovyn! Did you do a modified one like msop (I think I read she had it set lower? I read too much on here now, lol)?

Which metal did you choose?

Yay! It will be so pretty!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did MSOPs exactly. Platinum.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1476391903|4086801 said:

Dang! That was fast! I'm so excited you're getting the Jovyn like mine! You'll LOVE it!!! :love: :love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MSOP I'm very excited! Now to buy some more CVB bands to go with it! :shock: :shock:

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous, especially that low profile shot!

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Add me to this list. :D

I was waiting on CADs from elsewhere and I the more I kept looking at msop04's ring, the more I fell in love.

Deep ring thoughts:
I really like that a six-prong should be simple to keep clean. Less crevices for dust to collect.
And I just love the pics of the Jovyn on Etsy. I kept going back to look at those pics, too.

I reached out to Caysie and she is so great. I really look forward to working with her.

One thing I forgot to ask was about timeline. I am sure it depends on how many clients are in cue.

msop04 - out of curiosity, how long did it take to get your ring? EDIT: Never mind! She replied as I was typing this out.

I feel relief in my decision on a setting. And it's a complete 180* from where I started searching.
I'll just be staring at various prongs until it is my turn to view CADs. :)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iwantsparkle|1476741399|4088043 said:

I was waiting on CADs from elsewhere and I the more I kept looking at msop04's ring, the more I fell in love.

Deep ring thoughts:
I really like that a six-prong should be simple to keep clean. Less crevices for dust to collect.
And I just love the pics of the Jovyn on Etsy. I kept going back to look at those pics, too.

I reached out to Caysie and she is so great. I really look forward to working with her.

One thing I forgot to ask was about timeline. I am sure it depends on how many clients are in cue.

msop04 - out of curiosity, how long did it take to get your ring? EDIT: Never mind! She replied as I was typing this out.

I feel relief in my decision on a setting. And it's a complete 180* from where I started searching.

Yay!!! More solitaires! What kind of prongs are you leaning towards?

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
soxfan|1476744754|4088060 said:

Deep ring thoughts:

I think claws. CvB's look so sleek and refined. (Thinking of the shots on Etsy.) But both are lovely. I'd be pleased with either, I really think.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I love your new setting! And 3.33 carats, Yowza! I'm jealous! :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iwantsparkle|1476754136|4088096 said:

I think claws. CvB's look so sleek and refined. (Thinking of the shots on Etsy.) But both are lovely. I'd be pleased with either, I really think.

IWS, I'm wanting to say that it took about 8 weeks, BUT Caysie (being the true artist and perfectionist that she is -- thankfully) had the head remade because she wasn't 100% happy with the prongs. Regardless, it was worth the wait for such perfection!! I am a lifelong CVB groupie! 8) :love:

PS... Did I just see your Jovyn on Caysie's IG account?? :: swoon :: :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mikeulu|1476864933|4088521 said:
I must say this time your solitaire setting is awesome than before. Congratulations!

Thank you very much, mikeulu! :wavey:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hearts-arrows_girl|1477275858|4089896 said:
Your ring is gorgeous! I love your new setting! And 3.33 carats, Yowza! I'm jealous! :love:

Thanks, HAgirl!! I am so in love with it! :bigsmile: :wavey:

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
msop04|1477320073|4089987 said:
iwantsparkle|1476754136|4088096 said:

IWS, I'm wanting to say that it took about 8 weeks, BUT Caysie (being the true artist and perfectionist that she is -- thankfully) had the head remade because she wasn't 100% happy with the prongs. Regardless, it was worth the wait for such perfection!! I am a lifelong CVB groupie! 8) :love:

PS... Did I just see your Jovyn on Caysie's IG account?? :: swoon :: :love:

Not mine! :)

I saw that. So pretty.

Mine is being sent to the bench today, yippee!

I decided on claw prongs and slightly softened knife-edge. Can't wait!

I'd probably be engaged by now if I'd made up my mind already, lol. I was looking back through pics on my phone and I've been looking pretty regularly since about March. (And daydreaming/pinteresting/instagram browsing before that, for sure.)

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got excited and thought there were new pictures! Will never get tired of an amazing solitaire!

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
Would you mind providing the specs of your bezel eternity ring? :) Really like your solitaire setting, too.

As many of you know, I decided to change from my blinged out halo to a solitaire setting shortly after having our first baby. I've always had a soft spot for 6 prong solitaires like the Tiffany, WF, and the Vatche U-113. Although I loved my halo (and still do), it just wasn't conducive to "mommy life", and I found myself yearning for the effortlessly chic look and wearability a sleek soli would provide. I have always lusted over all the PS soli-stars' rings -- DS, Bliss, and m-2-b, just to name a few...

Sooooo, I traded in my original 2.43 ct (8.7 mm) J/SI1 for a 3.33 ct (9.8 mm) I/SI2. ...ya know -- to compensate for the finger coverage I was giving up by losing the halo. :halo: ;)) Once I found "the one", I had Diamonds Direct set it in a generic 6 prong in WG.

Notice how high it set up, and those Franken-prongs -- YUCK!! :knockout:
bored_in_the_pharmacy.jpg
imageuploadedbytapatalk1458785369.jpg

Seems like I remedied the finger coverage issue nicely -- HA! 8)
halo_to_soli_-_finger_coverage_comparison.jpg

I've always wanted a CVB piece, but I thought that it would be an eternity or some other band. Then, when I decided to change from a halo to a solitaire, I was strongly encouraged by artdecolover71 and Niel to consider CVB. She had made several things for them, and they were so happy with the workmanship, as well as the customer service Caysie provided. Honestly, I thought she would be well over my budget... but I was pleasantly surprised by how reasonable her quote was, so I decided to proceed!! I was finally going to have my CVB piece!!! Yaaaayyyy!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

First, let me start by telling you all what a pleasure it was to work with Caysie Van Bebber. She is truly a gifted artist and such a sweetheart! She was great about communicating with me, and she answered my many, many questions in a very timely and caring manner. She was so patient with me when my OCD tendencies took over, and I sent what seems like a million messages to her over the course of about 2 weeks. She always wrote back to answer my questions, calming my "ring anxieties" -- first world problem, I know... :rolleyes: :lol: :halo:

But seriously, she totally got what I was looking for in a setting. I sent several pics for reference and described my ideal solitaire.

WISH LIST:
- knife edge, gradually softening down the shank
- petite tab prongs reminiscent of vintage Tiffany and CVB "Acacia", polished and "snag-proof"
- a very "swoopy" basket that cupped my diamond, sitting a bit lower than the U-113 and WF versions
- donut at the base of the head -- I wanted a gap between the ering and band
- dainty and feminine with fluid lines, yet sturdy
- platinum... no more rhodium plating for me -- FINALLY!!!
:dance:

In no time at all, Caysie sent me the CADs --- and they were SPOT. ON. --- PERFECT!!! :love: :love:

cvb_soli_cad_grid_combo.jpg cvb_soli_cad_4.jpg cvb_soli_cad_3.jpg cvb_soli_cad_2.jpg cvb_soli_cad_1.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you mind providing the specs of your bezel eternity ring? :) Really like your solitaire setting, too.

Thanks, @Pinkbunny!

I'm wearing two bezel rings in some of those photos. This is the information on the larger one, shown with and without milgrain (was added later) and the only one shown with my solitaire.

Gagik (Etsy vendor, MasterJeweler) made my eternity. It's 2.5 mm wide. Here is the link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/179664156/platinum-bezel-set-full-eternity?ref=shop_home_active_12

I was very happy with his work for the price, but not his milgrain, so I had David Klass add it at a later date. If I could go back, I would've had DK make it in the first place. Hope this helps! :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely and stunning. Best ad for azythromycin ever.

Right??!!! I should be on their marketing team, no? LOL ;-)
...and thank you very much!

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. :) What do you recommend as far as clarity grade and color range go? I am in search of small and large eternity rings, but still haven't decided on the carat weight and quality of stones. :/

Thanks, @Pinkbunny!

I'm wearing two bezel rings in some of those photos. This is the information on the larger one, shown with and without milgrain (was added later) and the only one shown with my solitaire.

Gagik (Etsy vendor, MasterJeweler) made my eternity. It's 2.5 mm wide. Here is the link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/179664156/platinum-bezel-set-full-eternity?ref=shop_home_active_12

I was very happy with his work for the price, but not his milgrain, so I had David Klass add it at a later date. If I could go back, I would've had DK make it in the first place. Hope this helps! :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. :) Whst is the total carat weight of the ring? The website doesn't have information on that. :(

The tcw would depend on your finger size. The larger the size, the more stones = higher tcw. The listing states 22 diamonds at 0.70 ct, but this is just to give an idea of the appox carat weight of each bezelled diamond.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe that I haven't posted on this thread yet and commented on how beautiful your solitaire came out! I love your gorgeous diamond and this setting really showcases it amazingly! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results