and some more!

img_10083.jpg

img_10084.jpg

img_10085.jpg

img_10086.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...And the three last photos! Pls note that the last shot is of my hand reflected in my bathroom mirror, so it's not the clearest nor does it reflect the whiteness of the diamond. The photo was taken for size perspective only.

And that's all folks! Thanks for sharing my joy with me. :)

img_10087.jpg

img_10088.jpg

img_10089.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, that diamond is gorgeous and they did a great job with that setting!!! :love: I believe you when you call it a destination ring...it is fabulous!!! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very beautiful Mrs. Blop! Are you going to indulge us with a picture of this ring and the wedding band together?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Love your gorgeous new rings!!! That diamond is perfection. Please add a handshot of the rings together, would love to see the final set!

Congratulations :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks diamondseeker :) I absolutely love this ring! I wish I could work out how to do profile shots so you could see the final version of the shank. Its profile has been slimmed down a trifle, which has made it even more elegant. It's curvy and swoopy and just gorgeous - and the details are really heart-warming to me.

MGR and Woofmama - I don't have the eternity back as yet from having it tweaked. I'll definitely have it by Saturday though, so I'll make sure to post photos then. I think it's going to be a killer set.

And I definitely will have a new 'wedding band' made. So now I'm looking for engraving patterns. :)

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock
We need a 'Favorite' button!!! This ring so gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: Your diamond is stunning and the setting gives it the perfect home. Love its curvy elegance and those unique details. The view of the diamond donut and gallery is awesome! Many congrats on your destination ring!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I love the new pictures. There are so many fine little details in the setting, yet it still keeps that simple classic solitaire feel. I really love that the ring is very unique, that nobody else will have one just like yours, yet it still feels timeless and traditional. It is just perfect! :appl: :appl: :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Latebloomer and picante :)

I've had it a few days now and think it's the perfect ring for me. I don't believe I'll ever change it. I can't wait to get the eternity band so I can wear them together. And then I'm starting on the new wedding ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so new ering and wedding band - what is this about a new wedding ring? What have I missed????

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning diamond!! :love: The setting is gorgeous and the ring is beautiful on you!! Yeah....I wanna see more photos of the e-ring paired with your eternity. And new wedding ring?!?!? :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1450387981|3962775 said:
OK, so new ering and wedding band - what is this about a new wedding ring? What have I missed????

Same husband! :lol: I believe she just wants a new gold engraved band to go with the other rings!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh lordy - I've put out the wrong vibe there! (Thanks for putting it all back on the right path, diamondseeker!)

Yes definitely the same husband! But these rings are deeper than my original wedding band, and I LOVE thick wedders, so I thought I might have a new one made so they all lined up, circumference-wise. And I know that DK has a top notch engraver. Here's a link to a ring he engraved belonging to another PSer:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/david-klass-engraved-platinum-wedding-band.203619/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/david-klass-engraved-platinum-wedding-band.203619/[/URL]

So since I've never had an engraved wedding-style ring, I thought it might be nice to close the loop on this and add a third ring. I'll be able to wear it with my new eternity, or with the solitaire, or with both. It's a win-win situation for me! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotcha! Should be a lovely addition to two beautiful rings!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing set!!!
And it will look great indeed with an engraved band.
Congrats!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! :love:

Lucky lady :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MGR, Acinom and Alex - I'm loving my new rings!

Here's a few last photos for people who wanted to see the eternity band with all the bells and whistles added (milgrain etc), and a couple of the two rings together. I added the third photo because it shows the eternity most clearly of all the shots, but mainly because - although blurry - it shows up the arrows in my diamond. :D

img_10181.jpg

img_10182.jpg

img_2492_2.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now three shots of both rings together....

img_10183.jpg

img_10184.jpg

img_10185.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!! I love them together!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the profile, which has been slimmed down since it was first made. i think it now looks more elegant, which I love.

And, of course, the ubiquitous hand shot....

img_10190.jpg

img_10191.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And finally...the LAST three!

To all who helped (diamondseeker most of all!) and to those who just watched - thanks for sharing this journey with me. :wavey:

img_10192.jpg

img_10193.jpg

img_10194.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, MGR! And that hand shot is specifically for YOU! :) :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also want to give a shout out to Blue Nile. BN is oft' overlooked on these boards, but if you look at my last photo, you'll get a good sense of the sorts of fabulous diamonds you can find in their inventory. And - to be clear - this is NOT one of their Signature cuts - this is one of their average old triple ex GIA stones with great stats, and I'm also not too proud to say that I bought this stone for considerably less than $40k, which for a 3.61ct I VS2 with these stats and this kind of performance is very rare indeed. I will always recommend Blue Nile as being a great place to go if you're on a budget.

So thanks, Blue Nile!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a pleasure to see your journey to this fabulous set! I truly love it!!! :love: Great new pictures, too! It causes me all kinds of confusion because even though I love my AVR, a classic mrb set like yours is so ME!!! Ah to be able to have about 3 wedding sets! :loopy: :lol:

I appreciate the great reviews for both BN and David Klass. I have been hesitant to recommend BN in the past due to the lack of images, but your experience does show that when you stay within safe numbers and know what you're looking at, you can indeed get an outstanding stone! I am all for getting a good value with great quality which you have certainly accomplished with this set! :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love the new pictures. You've really created an exquisite wedding set that is both timeless and breathtaking.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful set, Mrs_Blop! What a great way to end the year with a gorgeous new diamond in a stunning wedding set! The detail work on your solitaire is just divine! The wedding band is absolutely phenomenal! Both look great on you! Absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy!
:love: :love: :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1450718594|3964319 said:
It was a pleasure to see your journey to this fabulous set! I truly love it!!! :love: Great new pictures, too! It causes me all kinds of confusion because even though I love my AVR, a classic mrb set like yours is so ME!!! Ah to be able to have about 3 wedding sets! :loopy: :lol:

I appreciate the great reviews for both BN and David Klass. I have been hesitant to recommend BN in the past due to the lack of images, but your experience does show that when you stay within safe numbers and know what you're looking at, you can indeed get an outstanding stone! I am all for getting a good value with great quality which you have certainly accomplished with this set! :appl:

diamondseeker -

I'm sure someone will disagree with me on this, and of course there's always the exception to the rule (somehow...), but I can safely say, when I've stayed between 55-57% table, 60.7-62.2% depth, 34-35% crown angle and 40.6-41% pavilion angle I have NEVER received a dog. I have always received beautiful diamonds that I've loved, and this effect has only been amped up when I choose nice clarity and white colors. I find no issue buying from BN and - for the money I save - a return is no big deal if I have to start again. This has happened twice out of all the stones I've bought; once because it just didn't perform the way I was looking for - seemed a bit dull - and once because I was trying to match a diamond I had bought from somewhere else (a favored PS vendor, in fact) and the BN stone was WHITER than the stone I already had. I would have returned the other stone if I could have but I didn't have that option, so had to return the BN stone - which was a real shame! I would have bought at least 4 dozen diamonds from BN, so I think that's a pretty good success rate. And I've saved a BUNCH. I currently have an unset .95 F VS2 stone from them which is the most beautiful stone I've ever owned; there's just something about the faceting which is sublime. Anyway, I'm always gonna recommend them because they've always done the right thing by me and I like the product I've received. Sometimes I think we miss the point that - in the final analysis - we buy diamonds because of the way they look, so the ultimate test is a visual one.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind comments, Sundial and Crystal - I love my rings and think I will have them forever. I feel no desire to change, upgrade or modify. I think the diamond is the perfect size for my finger and the eternity is eye-catching but comfortable. These really are my dream rings! And at over 6ct for the combo, I'm blingin' pretty large here! :love: :naughty: :bigsmile:

Hope your Christmases were fab!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, playing catch -up and stumbled on THIS! :cheeky: :love: :love: :cheeky:

Sublime.

I love everything- this is perfect, Mrs. Blop. I loved your AVR, ya know, but THIS is so perfectly you and the execution is flawless. Looks PERFECT on your hand. GREAT set. :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, apacherose! I love this set and it's wearing well - in that I don't want to change it (so far!) I LOVE the eternity. Just love it. And the yellow gold really does it for me.

I really love where I am with my jewelry at the moment.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results