shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dad did good!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
My father called me today at noon to tell me he wanted to get my mother "something diamond" for their 45th anniversary on Sunday- and oh yeah, he needed it by tomorrow! I e-mailed him 15 different suggestions (3 stone rings, diamond anniversary bands and upgraded engagement rings) and suggested he give her the gift later on in the month but he was adament that he be able to give it to her right away!

Since that meant no White Flash, Signed Pieces or even Blue Nile, I called the one b&m jewelry shop I trust- Aspen Jewelers in Northern Va. My father left the final decision up to me and since my mother works with her hands (she''s a designer), I chose a yellow gold .54 tcw round stones in a channel set anniversary band. My dad gave it to her this evening when I brought it over and she loved it!

The picture does not do it justice. I tried it on
31.gif
and am really kicking myself for not considering yellow gold. It really makes the diamonds POP! The band is so comfy and feels wonderful to wear! The stones are G VS2 and are so sparkly! I admit- I''m a tad bit jealous!
27.gif

My mom definitely deserved this and she was floored
36.gif
She plans to have an oval amythest (sp?) reset into a yellow gold solitare to pair up with the anniversary band!
36.gif

momring45.JPG

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Awwww, that''s so sweet of your dad (and of you for helping him)!!!!
12.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Last picture. I only took two before I put in back in the box and rewrapped it. I wish I could capture the beauty of this ring! It really stood out among the white gold and platinum rings at the jewelers!
30.gif

45ringmom2.JPG

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks bling diva! I kept saying "Isn''t that so romantic??" which started to annoy poor DH who had just got off a flight from Belgium, lol! He was a good sport about being dragged to a jewelry store after such a long flight.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just goes to show that girls are never too old to enjoy new diamonds! Very pretty band! You did a great job on very short notice!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes he did..it''s beautiful..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yessy he did. So glad your mom loved it. It''s lovely. You did a great job on such short notice.
36.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I love it. My dad bought my mom an anniversary band like that for their 25th-7 years ago. It''s white gold though as mom has never worn yellow. I make her take all her jewelry off every so often because her skin sheds and I hate dirty jewelry LOL. My father wants to buy my mom a small Tiffany & Co. ring (he could afford any size, but mom doesn''t like big). She prefers to wear her .10 chip in illusion setting because it signifies where they were when they got married (in high school) and how far they made it-32 years. I keep begging her to get the Tiffany!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sweet! What a beautiful way to celebrate 45 years of marriage!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful...

And BTW......Yellow gold is coming back into vogue again!
9.gif

Blod

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it''s beautiful! You did SUCH a good job! They look like really lively stones! Congrats to your parents!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Such a nice anniversary gift. Nice choice!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am biased when it comes to yellow gold - although there are tons are beautiful platinum and white gold rings here - but that polished yellow gold with white diamonds makes my heart sing!

You made a wonderful selection - I''m sure your Mom is thrilled!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments!
36.gif

My mother adores the ring even though its too small. She''s wearing it on her pinky right now (I hope she doesn''t lose it because it''s too loose on her pinky!) and will take it next week to get sized.

I was amazed at how comfortable it is to wear! It''s thicker than any of my bands but looked so good that I''m really contemplating a wide band for myself (no larger than 4mm). Poor DH!
31.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous anniversary ring - your Dad DID do good!!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Februarybride ~
emrose.gif

Congratulations to your Mom & Dad on their 45th Wedding
face23.gif
emlove.gif
face23.gif
Anniversary!!!
36.gif

May they be blessed with health, happiness and much love!
emlove.gif

It was so sweet of you to help your dear dad out
12.gif
... sometimes Dad''s just need a lil'' nudge in the right direction.
emotion-5.gif
The ring is pretty! I bet your mom is head over heals over it!

Take care and have a great 4th of July!
35.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww, beautiful choice and a very sweet gift! I too find myself gravitating towards YG more often these days. Congrats to your parents!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results