shape
carat
color
clarity

my Christmas present :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
this is my first ever post on pricescope - motivated by a beautiful gift my husband gave me this Christmas. the center stone is a 1.75 golden sapphire found and cut by the father of a friend of mine in Australia. the side stones are RB .7 G SI1, beautiful cuts - ideal polish and symmetry, table 56% and the depth on both 61.2%. it was put together for my by Von Bargen''s in Hanover NH, and i''ve been wearing it with the circle of diamonds pictured below, which is a Facets ring, and with a plain gold band in the middle. all up, it''s quit an eyeful. i hope you like them :) (and i''m not sure if this attachment thingy is going to work, so i''m kind of winging it!)

whitbyring2.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
third and final shot....

whitbyring7.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and since i''m finally posting, i''ll get these out of the way all in the one big hit :)

some people go for big rings - and they''re absolutely gorgeous! but i like variety, so i''ve stayed with more moderate rings, but i have quite a nice collection. my main obsession is bands. i LOVE them! so here''s a few from my collection....

another facets ring - sapphire and diamond - full round, 20pt diamonds and 22pt sapphires - around 4.2tcw.

whitbyring4.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
this one is a half round - also made for me by Facets. 35pt diamonds and 40pt rubies - a welcome home gift for me from my husband after a trip i took to Australia by myself due to his work schedule...

whitbyring5.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
second last one...

here''s one we bought at an antique jewelry store in Rye NY last year. it was in a setting dated 1920. it''s 1.12ct, VS1 - and a European cut. it''s a J color, but it shows through as a soft gold, as opposed to grey or brown. set in yellow gold, i really like it - it reminds me of looking through a fresh water pool on a sunny day :) i wear it with a full circle diamond band of 5 pt stones.

whitbyring6.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and very last one!

this is a circle of random stones that my husband and i had made into a flower ring almost 20 years ago. the central stone is an I color, while the outside stones are a G. i dont think the clarity or cut are particularly good, but in a circle style, it makes a pleasant enough ring and i wear it happily. :)

whitbyring3.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely collection! You have some really pretty pieces! What''s the carat weight on the shared prong round band--first facet band? I love it!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi coati :)

all up, it''s 2.68 i think - F/G (as almost all of Facet''s stuff is) - 3.5mm wide, in their raphael setting. it''s a lovely ring and i wear it by itself a lot of the time. all up, i have a collection of around 36 bands, and i cycle through them regularly. my engagement ring isnt in those photos, and it''s quite a simple triple, but it''s a lovely ring and i''ll put some photos up one day. it''s tiny by comparison with a lot of the things on this site (85 pts in the middle with a 45pt stone on either side, set in platinum), but they''re lovely quality stones (F VS1, all beautifully cut) and i have a beautiful art deco band from the 1920''s which i wear with it. it''s only tiny also (12 x 6pt stones), but each set of prongs is in a style which echoes the deco obsession with geometry and reminds me of the empire state building, so i''m very fond of it. besides, it reminds me of some wonderful afternoons spent trawling through antique jewelry stores with my husband. and jewelry is worth nothing if not for its memories, right? :)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
You have a some beautiful pieces
1.gif
My favorite is the golden sapphire three-stone in yellow gold. GOSH it just makes sense! All of the metals that I wear are white, but I am loving the warmth and richness of yellow gold!
30.gif
30.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
wow i love it! i especially love your facets wedding band - can we have the specs on that baby? i love the proportions

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks ladies :)

ilovethiswebsite - the Facets band that i often wear by itself as a wedding band is a Facets band from their Raphael collection. it has 20 stones, F/G color, VVS/VS clarity, 3.5mm wide and total carat weight of 2.68.

unfortunately when my husband took these photos, it was very overcast and grey, and the stones picked that up. the ruby and diamond band, for example, it a real sparkler, but it shows up as dull in the photo. the Facets diamond band is eye catching and complements the sapphire and diamond ring very nicely. i''m a lucky woman! :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pieces!
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
You have a wonderful classic collection, thanks for sharing !

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the golden sapphire and thought "I AM IN LOVE", then I saw the rest of your amazing collection and I love them all! I especially love the flower ring! Congratulations!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 6:56:24 PM
Author: whitby_2773
hi coati :)

all up, it''s 2.68 i think - F/G (as almost all of Facet''s stuff is) - 3.5mm wide, in their raphael setting. it''s a lovely ring and i wear it by itself a lot of the time. all up, i have a collection of around 36 bands, and i cycle through them regularly. my engagement ring isnt in those photos, and it''s quite a simple triple, but it''s a lovely ring and i''ll put some photos up one day. it''s tiny by comparison with a lot of the things on this site (85 pts in the middle with a 45pt stone on either side, set in platinum), but they''re lovely quality stones (F VS1, all beautifully cut) and i have a beautiful art deco band from the 1920''s which i wear with it. it''s only tiny also (12 x 6pt stones), but each set of prongs is in a style which echoes the deco obsession with geometry and reminds me of the empire state building, so i''m very fond of it. besides, it reminds me of some wonderful afternoons spent trawling through antique jewelry stores with my husband. and jewelry is worth nothing if not for its memories, right? :)

Welcome to PS, Whitby
1.gif

36 bands! I would love to see your collection if you ever feel like posting them. These are beautiful. I''d also love to see your engagement ring. My husband and I love to wander through antique stores too, and I love old jewelry pieces. Thanks for sharing--I''d love to see more!
36.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I love the story behind the golden sapphire! The blue sapphire band is wonderful, too!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW...thank you for sharing your AMAZING collection with us!

Lori

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks ladies for being interested - tho i''m guessing i''m in the right place for that!

i definitely need to work on my photography technique - meaning that i have work on my husband to work on HIS photography technique! :D but i''ll put up more pictures as i can persuade him to take more. bands really are my thing - be they plain metal or diamonds and orecious gems - and i add a couple to my collection every year. i particularly love rubies, and have a gorgeous ruby band from 1910 which i''ll put up at some point, and i''d like to start my emerald and diamond collection at some stage in the future :))

it''s an ongoing love affair, isnt it?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your whole collection is beautiful, but that golden sapphire just has THE most beautiful color!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all so gorgeous! I really love that three stone with the diamond eternity...
30.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I've been obsessed with yellow sapphires lately. Your post was enjoyable! I like how the sapphire ring links the colors of the different metals. I like it a lot, and the rest of your collection is great too. Thanks for sharing it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection! I love all your rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results