shape
carat
color
clarity

My Brian Gavin Truth Head Solitaire 1.56/H/VS1 Emerald

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Boy have I been owing you guys this for a while. Sorry the stone is dusty: emeralds are VERY hard to keep clean! But I can't say I wasn't warned.

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0413.JPG

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And, some color comparisons. My solitaire is BG's standard white gold, unplated. The small round solitaire is also unplated white gold, but it's an antique alloy (it's distinctly whiter, as shown in the photos). The cocktail ring is platinum.

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0436.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wanting to see your ring! It's so gorgeous!!

So you decided to keep the half round instead of going with the knife edge? It looks so classy and pretty and really shows off that emerald cut!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1334797735|3174685 said:
I've been wanting to see your ring! It's so gorgeous!!

So you decided to keep the half round instead of going with the knife edge? It looks so classy and pretty and really shows off that emerald cut!
Honestly, I still don't like it. And I might go ahead and get it knife-edged eventually, but what's stopping me is that I don't care for any wedding band with a knife edge. It's great for a solitaire, but I am really struggling to find or dream up a band i think would look nice next to a knife edge. I think I'd like to eventually get a Mege-saurus type band, which I think would be better with the half round... not sure. Plus, of course, I'm a PSer of some tenure! I assume I'll get a re-set someday (and already have FH's blessing for that).

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you marcy!

Thanks motown, I love it too! At first I didn't like that it was much yellower than my antique ring, but it's definitely warmed up on me!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have a beautiful ring Miss Stepcut! :love: :love: :love: I love the setting - simple, classic and looks soooo nice on your hand!!!

Thanks for showing off your other's as well - interesting comparing metal colours, isn't it?

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1334800500|3174725 said:
You have a beautiful ring Miss Stepcut! :love: :love: :love: I love the setting - simple, classic and looks soooo nice on your hand!!!

Thanks for showing off your other's as well - interesting comparing metal colours, isn't it?
Oh man, I hemmed and hawed on the metal so much. Thank goodness for Yssie's contributions on the subject of white golds. I wanted to make sure I contributed my own experience/photographic evidence!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you did! I wear a 14K wg 1/2 eternity, a plat diamond wb that was my grandmother's (as a spacer) and my reset ering that is 18K wg w palladium alloy - all 3 'whites' are totally different! Only really noticeable from the palm side, not from the top where the diamonds are, but I am aware that my ering seems 'darker'. I must burn thru rhodium plating like mad! :lol:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
MSC

Your ring is :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

More pictures please!!!! :wavey:

Especially in the sunshine. :lickout:

audball

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!! Congrats again MSC!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it's absolutely gorgeous!!! Looks so perfect on you!! :love:

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thanks everyone!

gem_anemone, it's a BG re-cut, and I brilliant one, in my biased opinion!

susimoo, these are the best I could do, my stone is horrifyingly dirty :nono: but I can't get it cleaner at home.

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! :love: I love a great step cut! :lickout:

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A couple more comparison shots: my 7x5 Bob Kast tourmaline in a rhodium-plated white gold Daniel M setting next to my 8.03x6.06 e-ring :)

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0467.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this??? It is gorgeous!!! :love: I so love emerald cuts...so elegant!

Even though I have a knife edge that I adore and have had no trouble finding bands, I still like your setting exactly like it is for some reason! I wouldn't change it to knife edge.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful emerald cut ring! How do you like the H color in an emerald cut?

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous! It looks like it has really wide clipped corners, is that so? It's a very pretty cut and I love it in the solitaire setting.

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful!

I like the rounded band. I think you will have a harder time finding wedding bands to go with a knife-edge.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1335139790|3178065 said:
What a beautiful emerald cut ring! How do you like the H color in an emerald cut?
Thank you! Most of the time, I don't notice at all. Sometimes, it does look a bit "warm" as in ivory at the corners. I never saw it unset though, so I couldn't say if the warmer metal has anything to do with it.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mimi72|1335142665|3178095 said:
It's gorgeous! It looks like it has really wide clipped corners, is that so? It's a very pretty cut and I love it in the solitaire setting.
Thank you! The pic in my profile is the "glamour shot" after BGD re-cut it :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results