shape
carat
color
clarity

My boyfriend surprised me with an Upgrade! 1.36 F VS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lisamarie

Shiny_Rock
Although I absolutely LOVED my .94 G VS1, I had a nagging feeling that it was maybe just a smidge on the small side. I thought about switching it out and even put a 1.36 on hold but finally, in the end, I let my brain win over my heart and then the larger diamond go. Then, my wonderful, lovely, amazing boyfriend went behind my back and bought it! So, here it is...

jarbatz

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!!
36.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s big! And preeetttyyyy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - it''s gorgeous. Congratulations.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, can''t wait to see it set!!!

lisamarie

Shiny_Rock
jarbatz: Thank you. I''m thrilled!

justjulia: Thanks! It''s borderline too big but in a good way, I think. It helps that I have short fingers even though I''m a very average size 6.

marcyc: Thank you!

diamondseeker2006: I think it''s a great size too. I was worried about it being too big but it''s actually perfect!

mrs. smitty: It''s going to Leon for the classic setting like diamondseeker''s.

chiquitapet: Not husband yet (not even fiance) but he is really sweet. This will be my engagement ring!

skippy123: I can''t wait to see it set either! It will be a long wait. Leon quoted 6 weeks and he has his two week vacation in July so I won''t see it until well into August, that is, IF my boyfriend gives it to me right away.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It will look beautiful in a leon! Congrats! I can''t wait to see it done.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Aww. he''s a keeper
2.gif
Congrats!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely surprise! It''s beautiful! But shouldn''t you be calling him your FF instead of your BF?
2.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Get outta town! Who does that? Oh, I know, your boyfriend, that''s who! IT''S GORGEOUS! What a sweet thing for him to do for you!
36.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s quite a size jump, and the stone is gorgeous!

Do you mind telling us what your ring size is?

I can''t wait to see how it looks in its LM setting.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous surprise! It is very pretty
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous. Your BF is such a sweetie!!

lisamarie

Shiny_Rock
Tacori: Thank you! I can''t wait either!

nebe: For sure!

Anna0499: He hasn''t proposed yet! The .94 was going to be my engagement ring but we returned it before it got set. He will be proposing "sometime in 2008" after my ring is done.

pixley: He really is amazing. He didn''t want me to upgrade down the road so he did it now.

erica k: I''m a size 6 with short fingers. We got the .94 because it was a good value at just under a carat even though we (he) could afford more. Now I feel the 1.36 is a good value too because it''s just under the 1.5 price jump. A smaller upgrade wouldn''t have felt quite as worth it.

Diamond*Dana: Thank you!

Catmom: Yes, he really is. I do realize how lucky I am.

lisamarie

Shiny_Rock
Just so I don''t sound like an ungrateful brat, the .94 was picked out by me as well, and it was well under the budget he gave me. When it came, I loved it but felt like it seemed a smidge small. I struggled with whether it was worth going over a carat and paying the premium, but ultimately he let me make the decision and I decided to keep the .94. That''s when he upgraded for me behind my back, calling GOG and Art of Platinum to arrange things. Unfortunately he simply cannot keep a secret and I soon found out!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
That is a yummy stone, and it suits your hand beautifully. Wish my nails looked as healthy as yours!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results