shape
carat
color
clarity

My bling collection

Grannie

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry. I have some of these pics on twice and can't figure out how to remove them.

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
these are gorgeous! especially that pear halo of pears around a pear! and the three stone with trillion sides! what an impressive collection :love:

Grannie

Rough_Rock
Thank you ladies. I got the pear yesterday and I can't stop looking at my hand. It sparkles like crazy. I put the blurred picture on there to show how it looked under the lamp. I can't wait until I can get it in the sun. This is my valentine's day gift to myself. I treat myself far better than my ex-husband!

I am totally obsessed with antique jewelry. I may be living in my car soon if I don't stop.

Grannie

Rough_Rock
The antique pin was made by Calhoun Silver Company, the first silver company to be in Tennessee in the mid 1800's. They later began making jewelry. They had one daughter who inherited everything. Upon her death, she left her entire estate to Vanderbilt University in Nashville, thus the Calhoun Building. Somehow this piece ended up in a safe deposit box and a friend of mine bought it and of course I bought it from him.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omygosh, what an amazing collection Grannie!!! :love: I love vintage/antique rings and yours are gorgeous! Love the intricate settings -the pear in the elongated setting is stunning - you have some beautiful bling going on here!

Grannie

Rough_Rock
I guess I should be ashamed to tell you this, but I will. I got all of them except for one at pawn shops. I am retired and I can go often. I have learned which ones get the best stuff. They know me now and I just walk in and say "you have anything I would love?"

the other one (the oval with the round diamond in the middle) I got at a seized property auction. I got the idea of stalking the pawn shops when I saw a buyer for an antique store at a ritzy place near Nashville in there buying inventory for his shop. So now it is tons of fun to beat him to a massive bargain.

Grannie

Rough_Rock
Pen $100
Citrine $25
Square $700, center 1.5 ctw
oval with 2 ctw. round in center $2,000
Big pear in pointed center, platinum, don't know carat weight $2,000
Pear surrounded by smaller pears $500

The bigger stones cost me more but I thought I just had to have them. Oh, and pawn shops do layaway which is the only way I could get them. ALL ARE REAL and have been tested.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the pear with pear surround-- great finds! I've tried my local pawn shops in the past, and they seem to have zero vintage rings. Looks like they take bigger stones out and put them in solitaire settings. Hate to think of them doing that!

Grannie

Rough_Rock
Take them a box of donuts occasionally. Then ask them to keep an eye out for antique rings and would they call you. Most won't call but I have had a few employees not bring out the good stuff until I got there. Actually I have more rings. Do you want to see them?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grannie, I bow to your mad pawn shop skillz lol! You have found some real beauties, I'm impressed! I'd love to see more!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, we DO want to see more! I am very impressed with the pieces you found at pawn shops! I so wish I had some good ones near me! You got some seriously great deals! :appl:

What is the lovely yellow stone in antique setting in the very first picture? It looks like it has some rose gold details. Oh, that must be the citrine, just saw that in another post!

Grannie

Rough_Rock

The last one on the right end is my mother's ring but she gave it to me. That's the end.

To help you find a good pawn shop, do not go into the nicest neighborhoods. Usually it's the least expected places because no one wants to go where they might be recognized to pawn something. Choose one employee (preferably manager) and go to that person every time. Tell them you are looking for vintage pieces and you'd like to leave your number. Most of them won't take it because the goodies are supposed to go in the case so that everyone has an equal chance. However, if it is a chain of pawn shops, they all compete with each other for sales so you might get lucky. Ask them when they put out their new inventory and try to come in then.
Smile a lot, be friendly and beg.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous collection Grannie, they're all beautiful! Love the band ring on the end - You are inspiring me to give pawn shops a try, thanks for the tips!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous collection! Thank you for sharing it with us.

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
My fave is the pear/ filigree ring. I love looking at other people's collections. I was the one that always played in my Mema's jewelry box...for hours. This is like a virtual version of that. :wink2: Thanks for sharing!

Grannie

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the compliments. The pear filigree has a bigger stone that it appears here. There are also other sparkly diamonds on it too. It is platinum and made around 1900 I am told. It is probably my most valuable piece. You should see it in the sun. Anyway, I think my collection is complete.....unless I find a temptation I can't resist.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing collection and wow, what deals. Makes me want to start checking out pawn shops locally. :appl: :appl: Well done!

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pieces! And the prices - wow!!! Are you near Nashville? I'm at the other end of TN and the pawn shops here think they're jewelers!

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
I was really looking forward to seeing your collection, but it looks like the links have been disabled :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results