shape
carat
color
clarity

My Birks Collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

one_cactus

Rough_Rock
With my 1 year wedding anniversary coming up, I thought I''d share with you my Birks collection - my e-ring, wedding band, and a gift from my MIL - which I plan to wear on my right hand. My rings aren''t custom made and they aren''t "big", but I love them! Please excuse my ugly hand and my poor photography skills... I need a better SLR.

My e-ring is a Birks Signature Blue. My husband particularly chose this design as the sapphire is my birthstone. :) The photos don''t do it''s justice... the stone is tiny but sooooo sparkly! My wedding band is also from Birks. Both are 18kt WG.

Birks Excellent-Cut
4.42 - 4.46x 2 .71mm
0.32 ct
VS1 / F
Total Depth 60.9%
Table Size 56%
Crown Angle 35.0 degrees
Crown Height 15.1%
Girdle Thickness Thin to Slightly thick, faceted
Pavilion Depth 42.9%
Culet Size None
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Fluorescence None
Set on 18k White Gold

birksblue1a.JPG

one_cactus

Rough_Rock
This is a ring given to me as part of a wedding gift and a pass-it-down, from my Mother in Law. She has no daughters so she wanted to give it to her oldest daughter in law (me). So nice and thoughtful of her. She got this ring from Birks in the 70s I think, when she got married. It gives off so much sparkles!

I don''t have the exact specs, but this is what I know....

Birks 18kt cast round design cluster ring
Center Stone: 0.26 ct
VVS1 / F
Cut: Good
14 prong set single cut diamonds, total weight 0.12 ct
VVS1 / F
Cut: Good

P1010027.JPG

one_cactus

Rough_Rock
I''m not very good at photographing this...
7.gif

P1010028.JPG

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a beautiful collection - congratulations on your anniversary!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Happy anniversary! What a wonderful collection and your MIL sounds fantastic
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful collection!!!
35.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Those are really beautiful rings. The diamond in your ering is set so beautifully. You MIL sounds really nice and that F color diamond is awesome. Thanks for sharing these beautiful rings!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings! Love the way the prongs hold your diamond! Also what a lovely ring and thoughtful gift from your MIL!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Very nice rings, you ering is beautiful, i love the blue stone on the side.I love the cluster ring your mil gave you. Birk rings are beautiful.Congrats on your anniversary!!
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2008 11:45:53 AM
Author: mara54
Very nice rings, you ering is beautiful, i love the blue stone on the side.I love the cluster ring your mil gave you. Birk rings are beautiful.Congrats on your anniversary!!
35.gif
HI:

HEY GIRL! I''ve been wondering where you''ve been! Did you see the pics I posted after our GTG when you were here in Calgary???? I missed you on facebook!

Sorry for the thread hijack! LOvely rings!!

cheers--Sharon

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love them! You have sparklers, there!

Ya know... I think it''s so special how your MIL gave you that Birks ring. I get sentimental just thinking about it. I turn to mush when I think about FI''s parents and how they welcomed me so warmly. It is amazing, isn''t it?

And the ring she gave you is LOVELY! I wouldn''t call it a cluster ring because of the nice diamond in the center. I''d call it an old school HALO! Who knew the halo was invented back in the 70s?
31.gif
Pretty neat!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful and what a wonderful MIL you have to pass down a family piece!! Happy 1 year anniversary!!
36.gif
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary!
Both your wedding set and the ring from your MIL are beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results