shape
carat
color
clarity

My BGD Diamond Studs Upgrade! 0.88ctw with IDJ Jackets!!

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
Re: My BGD Diamond Studs Upgrade! 0.88ctw with IDJ Jackets!

So pretty! Enjoy your new sparklies!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

lizzyann - Thanks, these studs definitely give a bit more coverage than my previous stones. I wouldn't think 0.5 mm per stone would be that much, but it is bigger to my eyes. As far as the jacket sizes, Luann with IDJ told me they increase by 0.5ctw. So they have ones for 1/2ctw studs, 1 ctw studs, 1.5 ctw studs, etc, etc, etc... I think some of the PSers that bought them are putting 5.5mm stones in the ones made for 1 ctw but they might sit a little high.

yennyfire - Thank you! I wear the studs almost every day. I've worn the jackets about once a week on average since I got them. And I really do need to start a collection of colored stone studs :wink2: :Up_to_something:

Thank you fridays_child, Spirit, and Mrsacornblue!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh wow, I just saw the ear shots and they look amazing on you! Even the studs by themselves look huge on you! And the jackets are gorgeous! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you made a great decision! The new studs are a really nice size to wear alone, and you can dress them up and make them huge by wearing the jackets! :appl: Beautiful! :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Thanks junebug and DS!! I'm definitely happy with my decision :bigsmile:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

I did a few side-by-side comparisons of the two different sizes. There's not a huge difference but it was definitely still worth it to me. I think the new size studs are absolutely perfect for everyday and they look so much better with the jackets.

StudsCompare1.jpg

StudsCompare2.jpg

StudsCompare3.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Beautiful! Found any coloured studs yet? What stones would you consider? What about cabachon stones as a contrast to the fire and sparkle?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi said:
Beautiful! Found any coloured studs yet? What stones would you consider? What about cabachon stones as a contrast to the fire and sparkle?

I've been looking but I don't want to spend a ton so I haven't committed to anything just yet (besides, there are just too many things on my wishlist thanks to the bad influence of this website!). I would love a pair of blue sapphires and a pair of tsavorites though. Maybe some yellow stones too. I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of cabachons, I like lots of SPARKLE! I'm going to the Intergem show here in June so I might wait to see if I can find any nice pairs there.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lucky you! Where is "here"? Come meet me in NYC in October and we can do some damage at IDJ! :Up_to_something: :naughty: :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi said:
Lucky you! Where is "here"? Come meet me in NYC in October and we can do some damage at IDJ! :Up_to_something: :naughty: :appl:

I live in MI (the Intergem show is in Novi). Man, I would LOOOVE to come to NYC in October and do damage at IDJ!! I should see if I can convince DH to plan a trip for my birthday :Up_to_something: Not sure I'll have much luck though, especially if he knows I'm going to jewelry shop :rolleyes:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

They are gorgeous! I have studs that are similar in size to your first pair and I thought about getting jackets from IDJ for them. But, seeing your new upgrades makes me want to wait until I can upgrade my studs!

Glad you are happy with your new pair! They really are so beautiful!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am going to save this page because I am DEFINITELY getting me some of these after the project I am working on. They look fabulous!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

The new studs look fantastic, stargurl, and they're a PERFECT fit with your jackets!! Do you find yourself wearing the studs solo or with the jackets more often? And I won't say it'll be easy, but 5mm is a fairly standard size for colored stone pairs - I'm working on a few myself!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

MayFlowers - The smaller studs didn't look terrible with the jackets but I had some funds saved for a few other small projects and I decided just to use them to go ahead and upgrade my studs instead. If you get the jackets now you can at least wear them with your current studs until you are able to upgrade so I vote go for those sooner rather than later :Up_to_something: :wink2:

Maisie - Well we must thank Cellentani for inspiring us! I'm so glad she posted hers on PS or I never would have thought to go for the 3-pointers. Can't wait to see yours when you get them!

Cellentani - Thank you! I find that I just wear the studs most days. I've worn the jackets probably about 5 or 6 times since I got them though, which was a little over a month ago. Can't wait to see the colored stone pairs you come up with!

newbaglover

Rough_Rock

Gorgeous! They are so inspiring! I love the 8 prong setting, do you think it does take more space to fit into the jacket than a 3 prong martini? I love the 6 prongs or 8 prongs martinis because for me the 3 prong doesnt fit well with my earlobe shape and the 4 prong baskets make the diamonds look squarish...

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

newbaglover said:
Gorgeous! They are so inspiring! I love the 8 prong setting, do you think it does take more space to fit into the jacket than a 3 prong martini? I love the 6 prongs or 8 prongs martinis because for me the 3 prong doesnt fit well with my earlobe shape and the 4 prong baskets make the diamonds look squarish...

I think the 8-prong settings might take up a tad more space but the prongs are so tiny that I honestly don't think it makes a huge difference. My studs are just under 5mm (4.88mm I think??) and they fit perfectly with these jackets. I love these settings and highly recommend them!

VickieS

Rough_Rock

Your lovely eye candy is my inspiration! Just ordered my BGD 0.84 ctw studs in the 8 prong WG settings! Can't wait to get them for my Bday!
Told hubby the ID jackets would make a wonderful christmas gift LOL

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

VickieS said:
Your lovely eye candy is my inspiration! Just ordered my BGD 0.84 ctw studs in the 8 prong WG settings! Can't wait to get them for my Bday!
Told hubby the ID jackets would make a wonderful christmas gift LOL

That's awesome, I'm glad these inspired you, I LOVE my studs and wear them almost everyday! Please be sure to post pics once you get them. And I agree about the jackets, hope your hubby listens to you! :wink2:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful studs! Jackets too. Your studs are twins to my ACA studs. Size, setting, color, clarity, and of course, cut. Of course I like them! :lol: :lol: :lol:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Andelain said:
Beautiful studs! Jackets too. Your studs are twins to my ACA studs. Size, setting, color, clarity, and of course, cut. Of course I like them! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you Andelain! That's awesome that our studs are perfect matches on all accounts, you have great taste :wink2: I seriously love your studs, they helped to inspire me to go with the 8-prong settings, so thank you! :bigsmile:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bumping because I love these!! Thanks for linking me to them in the other thread, stargurl!! :wavey: .44 each, huh? They look like the perfect size, and I do just love those prongs!!

ETA: Just looked at your prior earrings and see the prong difference now that it's been pointed out. The .44s are really nice! Now, I'll know better what to ask for. Thanks!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Thank you LV! I do think that the size is perfect for me and I don't see myself upgrading any time soon. The prongs really are nicer on this pair.

So, please share more on what you plan to get! Which settings, what size, which vendor, etc etc etc?! :bigsmile:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's ok if we chat here, right, SG? :bigsmile: I was thinking IDJ because I remember when Bliss got her studs re-set there, and I just thought the 8 points were brilliant! With that said, I came across Circe's IDJ milgrain studs recently. I do love me some milgrain! So, I think a trip to IDJ would be in order for me! I think it'd be a 2.5 hour drive for me, so not bad, though I don't know about the logistics of driving in the city, but I would think it would be better than a 2 hr train ride with a 2 year old, haha. But, here's the thing - I have a real penchant for OECs, and I'm cheap, lol! So, I'd have to find a pair, and really I'm thinking around .45, give or take (probably take!) now. I don't mind a long slow process of looking though. A few weeks ago, I had an OEC set in a pendant, and I like to pace myself. :praise:

And, I've had severe metal allergies with earrings only. I have to get my ears pierced again first! Ha! And, confirmed with IDJ that they can do stainless steel on the posts for me. Sounded like it wouldn't be a big deal, so I would guess anyone could do it!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Sure, of course we can chat here :)) I worked with IDJ in purchasing my earring jackets and they were great. And the stones in the jackets sparkle like crazy. So I don't think you can go wrong getting your studs from them. You must have similar taste as me, I was deciding between the 8-prong settings and the milgrain bezel studs too! I was leaning towards the bezels but when I tried them on, I just didn't love the way they looked on my ears. I would have been happy with 6-prong settings too but I couldn't find any at the time (James Allen has them but they are pricey). So make sure you go try on some different styles first and I think a drive to IDJ to check things out is a great idea. Maybe you could meet with Adam of Old World Diamonds first and pick up an OEC pair and then head over to IDJ to have them set :naughty: :bigsmile: Definitely take your time to decide so that you can get exactly what you want!

And I LOVE your gorgeous pendant by the way :love: I have a stone ready to be set in the Barbara pendant, just waiting until I have some more funds after the holidays...

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

stargurl78|1353794115|3314703 said:
Sure, of course we can chat here :)) I worked with IDJ in purchasing my earring jackets and they were great. And the stones in the jackets sparkle like crazy. So I don't think you can go wrong getting your studs from them. You must have similar taste as me, I was deciding between the 8-prong settings and the milgrain bezel studs too! I was leaning towards the bezels but when I tried them on, I just didn't love the way they looked on my ears. I would have been happy with 6-prong settings too but I couldn't find any at the time (James Allen has them but they are pricey). So make sure you go try on some different styles first and I think a drive to IDJ to check things out is a great idea. Maybe you could meet with Adam of Old World Diamonds first and pick up an OEC pair and then head over to IDJ to have them set :naughty: :bigsmile: Definitely take your time to decide so that you can get exactly what you want!

And I LOVE your gorgeous pendant by the way :love: I have a stone ready to be set in the Barbara pendant, just waiting until I have some more funds after the holidays...

Oh, that's interesting about the milgrain bezel! Yes, I guess I should definitely see them in person if I can. And, how did I have no idea that OWD is in NYC?? Funny! It's like I've been living under a rock this whole time I've been on PS! That kind of sounds like the best idea ever - the OWD to IDJ trip! I was actually on the OWD site earlier today, looking at possibilities. Their Old World Bezel collection is sooooooooooo nice (on their home page). Love!

Let's see. What are your plans for your Barbara pendant? Milgrain or no? What's the stone like that you'll be setting? After the holidays sounds like a good plan . . . that or keep posting and hope for a sweet 1k gift from PS!

Nice chatting with you, SG! I feel like I've made some new PS friends in my posting frenzy today! Awwww! :halo: :wavey:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

I just checked out the OWD site, they do have some gorgeous bezel jewelry :love: Definitely go check out both OWD and IDJ if you can, what a fun little trip that would be!

The stone that I have for the pendant is a 0.47 ct round brilliant. I would love an OEC but I don't feel like I have the skills to pick out a good stone. I'm also wondering if I should try to sell the diamond I have and go for something a little larger, maybe closer to 0.60 ct. I haven't decided about milgrain yet and I'm not sure what kind of chain I want to go with either. Decisions, decisions...

Nice chatting with you too LV! :wavey: :))

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I missed this thread the first time around. Your studs look great and are such a good size on you! You must have tiny earlobes...yours look the same size as my 0.80s!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Rhea|1353866073|3315094 said:
I missed this thread the first time around. Your studs look great and are such a good size on you! You must have tiny earlobes...yours look the same size as my 0.80s!

Thank you Rhea! I love your OEC studs too :love: I do like the size of these and I'm happy I decided to go for this little upgrade. I don't think I'll upgrade again for a long while.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS!! Love them on their own, love them with the jackets!!! :love: :love: :love: And now I want some jackets. Thanks. Thanks a lot. :nono: :cheeky:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

NKOTB|1353882933|3315240 said:
GORGEOUS!! Love them on their own, love them with the jackets!!! :love: :love: :love: And now I want some jackets. Thanks. Thanks a lot. :nono: :cheeky:

:lol: Do it NKOTB! I love the jackets for days when I want some extra sparkle. And thanks for the compliment!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results