shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My 5.6 carat ID Jewelry eternity band!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
That is stunning.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
LALove|1289263570|2758780 said:
LAG2010|1289235845|2758396 said:
WOW! What an incredible ring. I also have an eternity band (not nearly as big) and love wearing it solo. I think it's such a beautiful piece that really stands strong on it's own.

Thanks! Yours is gorgeous!! And I'm in LOVE with your engagement ring!!! It makes me rethink getting another cut- it's perfect!!!!!!! :love:

The old show me your eternity bands thread is locked it seems but I think we should start a new one- there's been quite a few gorgeous eternity/stacking bands popping up on PS lately :love:

We can always reopen the old one. Please just send us a message or report it with a link and I can reopen it. :))

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Ella|1289312102|2759065 said:
LALove|1289263570|2758780 said:
LAG2010|1289235845|2758396 said:
WOW! What an incredible ring. I also have an eternity band (not nearly as big) and love wearing it solo. I think it's such a beautiful piece that really stands strong on it's own.

Thanks! Yours is gorgeous!! And I'm in LOVE with your engagement ring!!! It makes me rethink getting another cut- it's perfect!!!!!!! :love:

The old show me your eternity bands thread is locked it seems but I think we should start a new one- there's been quite a few gorgeous eternity/stacking bands popping up on PS lately :love:

We can always reopen the old one. Please just send us a message or report it with a link and I can reopen it. :))

Hi Ella :wavey: That'd be awesome! I found that link really helpful when doing research for my band. I'll send the message. Thanks! :)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
LA, I just checked in and saw you posted more pics! It came out so beautiful! Enjoy it!!!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
lizzyann01|1289444345|2760737 said:
LA, I just checked in and saw you posted more pics! It came out so beautiful! Enjoy it!!!

hi lizzyann! :wavey: Thank you! :)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! :love:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Huge, blingy & gorgeous!!!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys :) I think I'm going to order a few stacking bands to wear with it :naughty:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
LA, I totally forgot to ask you...did you go for 18k or 14k white gold? I know you are looking to upgrade your e-ring too, so are you planning on doing that one in the same metal?

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
lizzyann01|1289608788|2763875 said:
LA, I totally forgot to ask you...did you go for 18k or 14k white gold? I know you are looking to upgrade your e-ring too, so are you planning on doing that one in the same metal?

I had it made in 14k. The price difference was negligible between the 2 but
I've noticed with my other pieces that 18k shows the yellowish tint faster- though I may be incorrect in why but that was my logic :)

For my upgrade, since I'll be doing a 3 row pave halo with a thin full pave band - ie not much metal to get scratched- I'll use platinum. And I don't plan on wearing the 2 together. When I wear my ering I plan to just wear a plain band with it. When I want to switch it up I'll wear the eternity band with some small diamond/sapphire stacking bands I plan on getting. :)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
LALove|1289610809|2763897 said:
lizzyann01|1289608788|2763875 said:

I had it made in 14k. The price difference was negligible between the 2 but
I've noticed with my other pieces that 18k shows the yellowish tint faster- though I may be incorrect in why but that was my logic :)

For my upgrade, since I'll be doing a 3 row pave halo with a thin full pave band - ie not much metal to get scratched- I'll use platinum. And I don't plan on wearing the 2 together. When I wear my engagement ring I plan to just wear a plain band with it. When I want to switch it up I'll wear the eternity band with some small diamond/sapphire stacking bands I plan on getting. :)

Thanks LA! I meant to ask you about it before. Even though my wedding set is platinum, I am thinking I may go for white gold on an eternity ring. This way I can put more of the budget into bigger stones! :lol:

Which stackers are you thinking of getting from ID? To get some ideas, try going to Tiffany's celebration rings. You can create your own stack online and it helps you get a good visual on how they look together! Fun fun fun!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
No problem! :) I'm happy I went with white gold- it's really shiny and bright.

Oooh I didn't know you could do that on their site- how fun!!! :D

I'm getting the blue sapphire baguette and diamond band with millgrain as a representation of my DS and going to have them remake my promise ring from my DH into a Beverly K-esque millgrain bezel band with alternating princess cuts and rbs. The promise ring as it is now is about 12mm wide with tons of channel set princess and rb cut diamonds but it's way too big (like slip right off big) and not sizable so I never wear it. So going to have them remake it using the same diamonds and gold. :)

I also want a teensy weensy 1-1.5 mm pave band but I want it to signify a milestone so I'll wait until an anniversary or when we have another baby to get that one. :)

agatha.nl

Shiny_Rock
yowza! :shock:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
LALove|1289614543|2763952 said:
No problem! :) I'm happy I went with white gold- it's really shiny and bright.

Oooh I didn't know you could do that on their site- how fun!!! :D

I'm getting the blue sapphire baguette and diamond band with millgrain as a representation of my DS and going to have them remake my promise ring from my DH into a Beverly K-esque millgrain bezel band with alternating princess cuts and rbs. The promise ring as it is now is about 12mm wide with tons of channel set princess and rb cut diamonds but it's way too big (like slip right off big) and not sizable so I never wear it. So going to have them remake it using the same diamonds and gold. :)

I also want a teensy weensy 1-1.5 mm pave band but I want it to signify a milestone so I'll wait until an anniversary or when we have another baby to get that one. :)

Oooh these bands sound like an exciting project! Can't wait to see them!!!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Your eternity band is breathtaking -- must feel like a weight on your finger :lol: !

Your new dainty bands are going to contrast nicely with the hefty diamond band.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just can't get over how many carats you have on your left hand!

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
speechless :cheeky:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
MrsM- thank you so much! :)) I absolutely LOVE your cushion ring and ALL your stacking bands!! I can't decide if I should get the baguette and round band with sapphires or all diamonds-- I may have to just do what you did and get both! :naughty:

AmysBling- my DH says that now I don't "need" an upgrade e-ring since I have almost 6 carats but it's not the same as a big solitaire :)

:bigsmile: to catwalk - I was too at first but it doesn't look as "big" as it did the first week. I probably need to stay off PS for awhile - it's distorting my perception of big! :lol:

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: yahoo! It's a beauty!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Hi LaLove,

Just wanted to let you know that my 5.6 eternity band from ID jewelry is ordered and will be at my house in a week or so.

I am working with luann and the owner. They both remember you and are going to make my ring according to your standards.
Will let you know when it comes.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh congratulations!!!!! I'm excited for you and can't wait to see pics! :):):)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimber418|1292132702|2794677 said:
Hi LaLove,

Just wanted to let you know that my 5.6 eternity band from ID jewelry is ordered and will be at my house in a week or so.

I am working with luann and the owner. They both remember you and are going to make my ring according to your standards.
Will let you know when it comes.
please post pics when yours comes in as well.

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
I will definitely post photos when it comes. I am so excited and want to thank you for sharing your beautiful ring and inspiring
me! I have wanted an eternity ring for so long but never found one that made me go the extra step of purchasing!

Thank you for sharing!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
LALove, your ring is da bomb! I am laughing over here because my ring inspired you to get a 5-stone, then an eternity. And now YOUR ring is inspiring me to get a 40-pt eternity!!!! I totally want one now!!!! And I was soooo happy with my 5-stone before! Never thought I would want an eternity with those size stones! And now I do! :love: I tried on the ring with your higher profile setting and 40-point stones and man... I was in love. It is SO BLINGY and just YUMMY...just arresting! HUGE!!!!! INSANE!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

I would stop in my tracks if I saw that on someone in real life and gawk. It is that blingy and huge looking IRL! I also tried on the same 40-pointers in a much lower eternity and I gotta say - the higher profile makes it POP so much more. The stones just look so..So...SO much bigger! I held them side by side (low profile and high profile) and the higher profile band made the stones look like 45-50 pointers! Such a huge difference! Everyone kept swearing that the stones were the same size but the higher profile setting made those 40 pointers look insanely huge. When I go back, I'll take a photo to show you! Love love love your band! :appl: And congrats on your baby boo!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Kimber-- You've very welcome! :) I've gained soooo much knowledge and received so much helpful advice from everyone here, it's nice to have been able to help someone else a bit. :)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss|1292199139|2795175 said:
LALove, your ring is da bomb! I am laughing over here because my ring inspired you to get a 5-stone, then an eternity. And now YOUR ring is inspiring me to get a 40-pt eternity!!!! I totally want one now!!!! And I was soooo happy with my 5-stone before! Never thought I would want an eternity with those size stones! And now I do! :love: I tried on the ring with your higher profile setting and 40-point stones and man... I was in love. It is SO BLINGY and just YUMMY...just arresting! HUGE!!!!! INSANE!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

I would stop in my tracks if I saw that on someone in real life and gawk. It is that blingy and huge looking IRL! I also tried on the same 40-pointers in a much lower eternity and I gotta say - the higher profile makes it POP so much more. The stones just look so..So...SO much bigger! I held them side by side (low profile and high profile) and the higher profile band made the stones look like 45-50 pointers! Such a huge difference! Everyone kept swearing that the stones were the same size but the higher profile setting made those 40 pointers look insanely huge. When I go back, I'll take a photo to show you! Love love love your band! :appl: And congrats on your baby boo!

LOL Bliss! Thanks! Your 5 stone is simply GORGEOUS!! I'm so happy I found your post on it - that's what started all the madness! :naughty: LOL

I totally agree with the slightly higher setting making the diamonds "pop" and appear SO much larger than in lower settings :D I'd love to see a photo comparison!

I'm actually debating now on whether to upgrade this band to GIA F/G VS Ideal cut 50 point stones. I know your 5 stone has certified diamonds-- if you got an eternity would you get certified stones? Can you tell me why/why not? Thanks!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hey LALove! Still loving your eternity! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I'm officially obsessed!

To answer your question... it's a tough call!

If I had an unlimited budget, I would absolutely do GIA certified cream of the crop stones handpicked by Yekutiel. He can find the most WOW diamonds, that's a fact! I get so many comments on my 5-stone because it just goes crazy in all lighting - fluorescent, candlelight, shaded natural lighting, sunlight... it's just insane. Definitely worth it and I love feeling like I got the best of the best in terms of cut and etc. Now, Yekutiel might not let me get uncertified stones - LOL - because he knows what I like and the crazy super ideal cuts I'm used to... so it's almost like he knows I won't be as happy with the performance of uncertified stones after being used to all the MAZAL cut diamonds he's found for me. Oy!

STILL... I do have a diamond cross 1.85 tcw that his father made with uncertified but excellent cut stones and that cross is fiery and beautiful in all lighting conditions. I have always been super happy with those diamonds and I feel they DO hold their own. So I'd say ID's uncertified excellent cut stones are AWESOME... In truth, I'm pretty sure I would be happy with uncertified stones for my eternity and I told Yekutiel that but sometimes he knows me better than I know myself! Ha!

We're thinking of mixing my MAZAL beauties with uncertified stones that are super amazing to go around... so maybe I can have a mix of POW and AWESOME??? Still deciding! Sigh - I love love love your ring! Perfect carat weight - huge and simple. I love love love it! I went and visited the eternities yesterday again to hem and haw over which stones to go with. Oh! And I took pics for you as promised!

The lower profile eternity is on the ring finger and the higher profile eternity is on the index finger.

Both have 41 pointers. I don't know if the pic captures it as well, but the high profile eternity looks MUCH bigger in terms of individual stones because the frame is so much bigger and the stones are higher. I personally LOVE the look of the higher profile setting but ADORE the feel of the super low profile eternity! I think I'm getting a super low profile eternity because of the baby. Your ring rocks!

Both are very very fiery and sparkly. These are uncertified stones but excellent cuts. I love both!

eternitycomparisonfun.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Thanks for showing us the two eternity rings Bliss! Are the high profile and low profile settings both the same style of setting just different profile heights? Is this the setting you have LA? http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_53&products_id=7109 I'm thinking of maybe a 15-20 pt eternity!!!! Everytime your thread comes up I get all excited again! Just GORGEOUS!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OK, LALove and big eternity fans! Another pic for you!

So this shows more of the width of the ring - this is not sized so it sticks out more. I'm about a size 4.75-5 at 36 weeks preggo :oops: but I hate tight rings so I'm getting mine in a 5.5 with sizing beads! Plus, in the summer my fingers swell more so I need plenty of roooooom because I go mental if anything feels tight on my fingers!

This is a size 6.5 but it is tougher to close my fingers with the higher profile setting... even though I AM IN LOVE with how POW the presentation is! It's just...beyond gorgeous!

LALove, if you go for 50 pointers - WOW. And GIA super ideal (MAZAL) certified stones? That is a once in a lifetime ring and I don't think you would regret it for a moment. That is a... :love: knock me off my feet and give me a paper sack to hyperventilate into kind of piece. What you have now is what I would consider to be a very special piece but if you upgraded to that... OMG, I couldn't even fathom it. That would be insane!!!! Are you sure your ring isn't huge enough??? I see huge solitaires everywhere but rarely an eternity of that size. Even the eternities of 40 pointers is pretty darn huge!!!! HUUUUUUGE! Are you sure? :love: Your fingers are pretty small, too! LOL

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, btw. I didn't bring my camera that day! Still, you can see how fiery and sparkly they are! Hubba hubba.

Hope that helps in your decision! Off to drool at your photos again and dream of big eternities!!! LALove, your ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

EternityWhoa.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results