shape
carat
color
clarity

My 4.5 ct Whiteflash ACA!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
M-2-B, OMG. That last picture Is to die for!!! Your rings are tooooo beautiful for words!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1429480592|3864595 said:
M-2-B, OMG. That last picture Is to die for!!! Your rings are tooooo beautiful for words!

I agree!!!! :love: :love: :love:

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh M2BN STUNING STUNNING STUNNING!!! :love: :love: :love: I have always loved your collection but seriously these days its off the chart insane!! Congrats on getting that huge 4.5ct it really is gorgeous and I love the simply setting also. I hope I may ask a couple of questions and a request if you see this.
Firstly is the difference from your previously 3.8ish to the 4.5 a nice noticeable difference on the finger??? If you have any pics of each stone/ring in a similar position on your finger are you able to post them please.
How do you find the I colour going up to the 4.5ct is it basically the same as your previous stone or a slight bit more tint through the sides or top view?
Also a nosey question...do you intent on still getting to 5+ct mark in the future if not do you think you will stick with your current setting??
Thanks again and enjoy all your magnificent bling :lickout:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!!! I really love your rings!!! What a collection! :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That is amazing!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
I'm breathless and speechless!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

sunshinedance

Rough_Rock
wow wow how am I going to shop for an engagement ring now, i just want this!!! So beautiful!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for the latest comments, everyone! :wavey:

Paula--I think once I got over 10mm, I saw a big difference in finger coverage. And this diamond is a high I color, so it is much closer to a H than to a J. I'm not sure what the future holds, so I won't ever say no to an upgrade! I do have other projects that I want to eventually pursue, though! BTW, don't you have a thread to show us on your VC reset?! :naughty:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got some pretty fire shots to share for this page:

img_9193.jpg

img_9196.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last ones for now...

img_9250.jpg

img_9254.jpg

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
I really appreciate you answering my questions M2B. I know we can never say never I certainly thought I would stop with what I have but its grown really quite small on me :lol: I will be looking down the track for roughly a 10.50ish mm as I think on my size fingers that will be more pleasing for me. Great to hear about the colour, I will definitely wait until a high I comes up although wont be any time soon. I refuse to buy from the US while our dollar is so low so I have a long while to save for the few things on my list. Yes I know I have to get my VC thread up I just don't ever like my pics and feel they don't represent well. :wall:

Again the new pics are just gorgeous!!!! Take care and I cant wait to see your future projects.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1429831991|3866802 said:
I've got some pretty fire shots to share for this page:
M2B
:-o Your finger is on FIRE!! :bigsmile: .. . An amazing rock + amazing shots!.. :love: :love:

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
My gosh it is so gorgeous and huge. Congrats and wear it in good health!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An absolute stunner! Congratulations on this glorious addition to your collection. :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Those fire shots!!! Wow!!! :love:

cristina8648

Rough_Rock
m-2-b|1424483006|3835717 said:
Hi everyone! :wavey:

It's time for the big reveal!!! I finally found my holy grail stone...a 4.5 ct I VS-2 ACA diamond from Whiteflash! :bigsmile:

I've always admired Phoenix's/Bliss'/Sparkle's big ol' MRB rocks on PS! I've also been a big fan of ACA's in general! So when I saw this particular ACA pop up in Whiteflash's inventory, I knew I couldn't let it get away! It's been a dream of mine to own a MRB of this size, as MRB's have always been my first love in terms of diamond shape!

After getting the green light from DH, I was finally able set the wheels in motion to acquire this beauty!

I chose to set it in WF's classic Tiffany style knife edge solitaire engagement ring. They were able to smooth out the knife shank, make the prongs more claw-like, and set it at a medium height. The turn around time was incredibly quick and the setting itself was reasonably priced! The end result is spectacular--the diamond is still the star of the show!

I'd like to thank the incredible team at Whiteflash (Debi, Vera, Sheerah, Bob, Bryan, etc...) who have come through for me once again!!! :appl: I'm still pinching myself in disbelief that I own this amazing diamond--I hope they know that they have just made a girl's dream come true! :))

First off, the glamour shot from WF: :cheeky:

Hello m-2-b!!

Let me tell you my story... I've been looking for 7 months for the perfect 6 prong solitaire engagement ring with my boyfriend. We have literally seen them all. Yesterday I saw your ring and instantly fell in love. Obviously the diamond is gorgeous!!! But I also love your beautiful setting. I read in your post that it's a "Knife Edge Solitaire Engagement Ring from Whiteflash", and that you customize it. Could you please tell me in which ways did you specifically customize it? Because this is EXACTLY what I am looking for as a setting.

Thank you very much!! Enjoy your beautiful ring!

cristina8648

Rough_Rock
Also, did you made the band width thinner...?

Thank you!! =)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cristina8648|1438068272|3908223 said:

Thank you!! =)

Hi cristina! I was surprised to see my thread up again, lol! It's their standard WF repro setting made to fit my center stone. The subtle modifications were to set it at a medium height and soften the knife edge ever so slightly. Also, I requested the prongs to be claw-like. Hope this helps! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love looking at your solitaire m-2-b. And you take the most amazing photos. are you getting to wear her much? Are you still wearing your tennis bracelet daily?

Baby_bear111

Rough_Rock
The fire shots are beautiful!!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm new here so I'm just looking around a bit - and look what I found!! Both rings are just fantastic!! :) Oh-so-nice! And the halo i so delicate and perfect :)

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring! congratulations!

Lore

Rough_Rock
m-2-b|1438096348|3908311 said:

Thank you!! =)

Hi cristina! I was surprised to see my thread up again, lol! It's their standard WF repro setting made to fit my center stone. The subtle modifications were to set it at a medium height and soften the knife edge ever so slightly. Also, I requested the prongs to be claw-like. Hope this helps! :wavey:

Hi there m-2-b,

Sorry for resurrecting this thread from the grave but your ring has really inspired me!

I'm looking for a ring to propose with and I've been having a hard time choosing between the Vatche U113 or WF's in-house knife edge ring in platinum (model 1211), but the more I see the photos of your semi-custom ring, the more I like it. I've asked WF about it and they said they can do it for $150 extra so all I need to do is give them the specs.

All you told them was to soften the knife edge, claw prongs, and set it medium height - is that right? Did you stick with default Plat950? I noticed that yours has a hole in the round plate underneath the diamond which is how Tiffany rings look. I didn't see that in the other shots they have on their website. Did you have to request that? Any other tips?

I also saw Baroque ring and it looked incredible too, so you're definitely finding yourself with a group of followers! Thanks for your help!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lore|1481942281|4107835 said:
m-2-b|1438096348|3908311 said:

Thank you!! =)

Hi there m-2-b,

Sorry for resurrecting this thread from the grave but your ring has really inspired me!

I'm looking for a ring to propose with and I've been having a hard time choosing between the Vatche U113 or WF's in-house knife edge ring in platinum (model 1211), but the more I see the photos of your semi-custom ring, the more I like it. I've asked WF about it and they said they can do it for $150 extra so all I need to do is give them the specs.

All you told them was to soften the knife edge, claw prongs, and set it medium height - is that right? Did you stick with default Plat950? I noticed that yours has a hole in the round plate underneath the diamond which is how Tiffany rings look. I didn't see that in the other shots they have on their website. Did you have to request that? Any other tips?

I also saw Baroque ring and it looked incredible too, so you're definitely finding yourself with a group of followers! Thanks for your help!

Hi Lore! It's a stock setting from WF in the standard platinum mix. The hole in the donut is not custom. It has served me well for the past few years and I highly recommend it to others. However, I'm not sure if you know that WF also has a 50% trade up credit for their designer settings such as the Vatche--this option was not available to me when I was choosing a setting at the time.

I have another more updated thread using the same setting if you would like to see more pics of it:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-7ct-whiteflash-aca-upgrade.222254/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-7ct-whiteflash-aca-upgrade.222254/[/URL]

Good luck with your proposal! :wavey:

Lore

Rough_Rock
m-2-b|1481946045|4107848 said:
Hi Lore! It's a stock setting from WF in the standard platinum mix. The hole in the donut is not custom. It has served me well for the past few years and I highly recommend it to others. However, I'm not sure if you know that WF also has a 50% trade up credit for their designer settings such as the Vatche--this option was not available to me when I was choosing a setting at the time.

I have another more updated thread using the same setting if you would like to see more pics of it:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-7ct-whiteflash-aca-upgrade.222254/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-7ct-whiteflash-aca-upgrade.222254/[/URL]

Sorry, I'm a bit confused - are you're saying that the ring in these photos are completely stock - no customizations? Which ring is this?

I'll definitely check out the new thread with the upgrade! I'm only hesitating on the Vatche because of timing - they need 3-4 weeks which I don't have :|

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lore|1481955606|4107875 said:
m-2-b|1481946045|4107848 said:

Sorry, I'm a bit confused - are you're saying that the ring in these photos are completely stock - no customizations? Which ring is this?

I'll definitely check out the new thread with the upgrade! I'm only hesitating on the Vatche because of timing - they need 3-4 weeks which I don't have :|

It's this stock setting w/ semi-custom changes that were discussed earlier in my thread:

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/classic-tiffany-style-knife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-734.htm

Are you purchasing a WF diamond as well? If you purchase the diamond and setting from WF, the whole project should only take a few days (especially if you are in a time crunch)!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lore, if you intend for this to be a long term, permanent setting, I would definitely change the alloy to 90platinum/10iridium, or 95platinum/5ruthenium. They are harder and more scratch resistant than the standard one.

Lore

Rough_Rock
m-2-b|1481956179|4107876 said:
It's this stock setting w/ semi-custom changes that were discussed earlier in my thread:

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/classic-tiffany-style-knife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-734.htm

Are you purchasing a WF diamond as well? If you purchase the diamond and setting from WF, the whole project should only take a few days (especially if you are in a time crunch)!

Awesome, thanks - I'll point them to that ring + the details in this thread. I hope they'll remember what they did to make your ring :)
I'm planning on getting the WF diamond, yes.

diamondseeker2006|1482028058|4108070 said:
Lore, if you intend for this to be a long term, permanent setting, I would definitely change the alloy to 90platinum/10iridium, or 95platinum/5ruthenium. They are harder and more scratch resistant than the standard one.

Good tip - I'll ask. WF did tell me they use 950 as a standard - hopefully they'll be able to do 90/10 iridium.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results