shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3C Cushion and Tapered Baguette Trilogy (GOG + VC)

chrisan

Rough_Rock
Hello PSers,

This is a bit overdue. David from GOG helped us pick out a beautiful 3C cushion back in early March. It's a H VVS2. Everyone from GOG was so helpful, friendly, and professional. We sent the stone to Victor and a few weeks later received the completed ring. I only sent him a few photos of what I liked- a Cartier ring and a HW version of tapered baguettes. I left him to decide on all the details and I am so glad I did. The ring came back not as a replica of Cartier or HW but something unique yet classic and IMO, his design is superior to either version. I feel like Goldilocks and the 3 Bears and VC's version was juussst right. And I didn't know what it was until I saw it. I would recommend either vendor with zero reservations. I would also recommend David Wolf for an appraisal- he is extremely thorough and just a wealth of information. A big thank you to PSers, with a special shout out to Gypsy! Now if only I can refocus my energy to plan a wedding.img_0011.jpg
img_0010.jpg

chrisan

Rough_Rock
Thank you Yasssss- I read your thread and just wanted to let you know sometimes I feel the same way- my 3C cushion faces up the same to a 2C oval, so when I saw your pics I guessed your ring to be 2C since I know cushions/asschers/princess cuts tend to face up smaller than rounds of similar carat weight. Ignore that girl's ignorant comment and enjoy your beautiful ring.

img_0020.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I thought VC was not accepting stones from GOG. Did i miss something or am I confused?

Beautiful and classic ring though! Sorry for the thread jack!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SB621|1398342758|3659081 said:
I thought VC was not accepting stones from GOG. Did i miss something or am I confused?

Beautiful and classic ring though! Sorry for the thread jack!

This ring is gorgeous!! Wow. So beautiful.

SB621. I think it is only the "August Vintage" line that he won't accept?

chrisan

Rough_Rock
VC does not accept GOG's own branded cushion: August Vintage cushions, but he will accept GOG sourced stones.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that is absolutely stunning!! Need more pic's up close!! Love it!! :love: :love: :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I admired your ring on VC's Facebook page :love:
Congrats with this beAutiful ring. That stone is fabulous!! And I love the elegant design.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't usually hang out on SMTB, so I am glad I stopped in tonight to see your GLORIOUS ring! WOW. Just stunning. Can you link us to the stone?

And maybe post the photo Victor sent you of the ring?

chrisan

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the sweet and kind comments!
VC actually never sent me photos. But I found my ring on his site:
http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/engagement-rings/cushion-and-tapered-baguette-trilogy
And I'm so glad I didn't see those photos before I got the ring because the center stone looked kind of ugly- I would've freaked out a bit. I guess my diamond is not very photogenic :razz:
Here is the link to the original stone from GOG:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/11870

I look some close ups- sorry I'm not a good photographer!

photo__87_.jpg

photo__88_.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful, but can we see its glamour shots and any closeups you can take? Dying to see the detail on it...

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You're center stone is flipping amazing & such a generous size! And, I'm a total sucker for the baguette look - it's just such a timeless classic. Please take more pics to share!!!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Never seen a cushion with baguette, very refreshing! Congratulations on your beauty :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it is classically elegant and beautiful!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AWESOME. Looks like GOG and Victor really hit it out of the ballpark. Thanks for the links they were really helpful to see the details!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results