shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3 Ct Victor Canera Stunner

lucegirl

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers! This is my first post, but like others have been scouring this forum in search of information and inspiration for many months. Husband and I were in the market for an upgrade ring for moi. I was all over the map with what I was looking for. I loved so many settings and stone types, but it took me a long time to have an ah-ha moment. The first step though was pretty easy – I live in Los Angeles and thanks to Pricescope “discovered” Victor Canera. As others have said – he is a pleasure to work with and has an unbelievable amount of patience. Initially, we were looking at Victor’s rounds and French cuts which are all stunning. I nearly went with the Sophia which is a to-die-for ring with a 2 ct., but it was a lot of ring for me with the dramatic French cuts and the wide band. Shortly thereafter, I was doing my usual surfing and something hit me like a ton of bricks – I. Must. Have. An. Oval. I was going for timeless, classic, elegant and since I am in my 40s with 2 kids, thought the oval really suited my more adult life than when I got married 12 years ago. The more I looked at ovals, the more I bonded. Anyway – so I made my husband call Victor and say “she wants an oval” after we had spent considerable amount of time with Victor hemming and hawing over the rounds. Victor didn’t flinch and went off in search of ovals. He came up with a showstopper of a stone. He sent the pictures and I literally gasped when I opened it, and then a double gasp when we saw it in person. It was like – now THAT is a diamond. Then I went round and around with Victor about the setting. He wants you to have what you want, obviously, but one of his favorite words is “proportion” – which is why his settings are so exquisite. Certain elements just don’t work with certain stones, and he explains all the elements really well. I knew my ring would be a stunner, but it is indeed more so than I could have imagine. The center stone is the obvious focal point, so I opted not to have pave on the prongs or basket and let the stone speak for itself. It’s dressed up a bit with double wire eagle prongs. The pave band is quite thin and so elegant. It looks dainty to me even though the stone is much larger than I had before. So thank you Victor (and husband). I have a few more pictures to post in another thread since I am maxed out here.

Anyway – enough blather:

Stone:

Oval Brilliant
GIA I color
VS2

Setting

Platinum
Double wire eagle prongs
Prongs and basket are platinum (no pave)
Band is 3 sides of pave
Size is 5 3/4

_12190.jpg

_12191.jpg

_12192.jpg

_12193.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfection! :love: Can we get more distance shots, please? :appl:

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations lucegirl! That is one crazy beautiful stone and ring! The band is delicate and pretty itself, but manages to make your beautiful oval really pop! Loving the prongs as well. This is a real masterpiece, wear it in good health!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just gorgeous, congrats!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS STUNNER. SUPERMODEL OF RINGS. :love: :love: CONGRATULATIONS!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is a diamond indeed!!! What a stunning ring. The center stone is big and beautiful and very elegant. The oval is really the main point of attention. I love the dainty pave band.
A stunning ring from Victor! Enjoy and wear in good health.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It is beautiful! More pictures please - distance & profile on your finger! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! What are the measurements of your oval, it looks proportioned well?

lucegirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for the compliments and letting me share! I took some more pictures per your requests. Also ther was a question about the measurements which are 11.06x8.2x5.23 mm. I am not an expert like many of you on here about the measurement of a stone, but Victor said the proportions were very nice.

ovalteacups.jpg

ovalmarble.jpg

ovalmirror.jpg

ovalstarfish.jpg

lucegirl

Rough_Rock
There is also a video on the jeweler's site - under Oval Stones, Alaria with 3 ct oval.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! You also have gorgeous hands for a 40 year old with kids (takes one to know one!)!!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Lucegirl :wavey:
Oh me oh my :love: I think this is the most beautiful 3 carat ring on PriceScope!!!!!!
Wear it in good health :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: Looks amazing on your lovely hands and I love the low profile. It's a very elegant ring. Wear in health and happiness.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! Great size but not overbearing at all, definitely perfect proportions as Victor has a great eye. Enjoy your ring in good health!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a stunning oval and the perfect shape for your lovely hands!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond, and ring, Victor's work is amazing!!!!! And great finger coverage too, congrats...

Ellejae1

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! You make me want to consider an oval for my upgrade!
Perfection!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond! The setting showcases it perfectly :lickout:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That is incredible!!!!! What a beautiful ring - the oval looks massive and yet still so elegant on you. Very well done!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results