shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 3.55 OEC in ERD RG/WG solitaire

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there! :wavey:

I have been holding out on posting this because I plan to get the head rhodium plated, but it seems like I am having trouble parting with the ring long enough to do that. :lol: I can't contain it anymore!!! I must share. Without going into too much detail, I will say this ring was a slow burn...not love at first sight. I am so glad I stuck it out, though, because I REALLY love it now! It took me finding some bands that I loved with it (not the twisty one I am wearing in pics) to see the amazing potential of this solitaire which was executed perfectly by ERD. The setting is so delicate and with the RG shank you really get that "diamond floating on the finger" effect. Chris was outstanding to work with and as everyone knows ERD's customer service is impeccable!

The diamond...oh the diamond. Gah, I am just so in love with it!!! Adam truly went out of his way to find me this stone. He told me over and over that the right stone would appear...it only took 9 months or so.

Here is my link to the diamond...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-fell-in-love-with-a-diamond-meet-my-3-55-oec.194296/

The setting:
ERD custom solitaire
18k RG shank
18k UWG head

The stone:
GIA 3.55 OEC
M, VS2
9.5mm average
faint fluoro

artsy-cropped_1.jpg
artsy2.jpg
artsy_3.jpg
perfect4.jpg
fb1_5.jpg
fb2_6.jpg
close_up_7.jpg
glow_baby_-8.jpg
glow1_-9.jpg
glow_10.jpg
glow_11.jpg
glow_12.jpg
dsc00601_13.jpg
dsc00602_14.jpg
profile_15.jpg
head_on-hair_removed_16.jpg
profile_17.jpg
dsc00628_18.jpg
at_martial_arts_19.jpg

For fun...a pic or her mysterious, dark side...
her_dark_side_20.jpg

This is where the ring came to life for me...when I stacked it with some super thin eternities. This is a YG and a WG one...
2bands2_21.jpg
two_bands_22.jpg

Here it is the the Tiffany metro in RG...ugh TDF! Even the snobby salesperson at the store smiled and nodded when I put it on.
tiffany_metro_23.jpg
tiffany_metro_24.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. God. :love: :love: :love:

Everything about this ring is beautiful. The coloring, faceting, rose gold, the setting.... And with the Metro.... I am in heaven.....

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
It's amazing :love: Love the faceting and two tone! I hope this is Mr Right for you.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Val, I agree that this one is even better than your last diamond ring, and that's saying a lot. Love that high crown and pretty pattern, beautiful! Setting is great, too. Why was it not instant love? What's not to love? That is one big beauty!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh la la!!! I am thrilled for you. It's been a long journey but so worth your beautiful ER. Gorgeous!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! The lines are so fluid on this ring and love the diamonds underneath! :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
::::::hyperventilating::::::

I love your ring! So much! That diamond was SO Worth Waiting For!!!!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Alex T - thanks so much!!! I know...I LOVE the metro. I am trying to find one pre-loved. The bling fund hasn't recovered from my upgrade... :lol:

Ashleigh - hee hee...well, this is definitely Mr. Right....now...no kidding. It is Mr. Right until it isn't :naughty: ! I am too PS-ified to say something is forever. But, at this time I am really happy!

AnnaH - you know, it's funny...all the build-up I think was too much for me. I don't think a HG of anything at that time could have impressed me. I just needed to settle down a little and fall in love with the setting. It is SO delicate...almost barely there and I wasn't sure if I liked that look on me. It's a "look." Now, when paired with barely there eternity bands...it sings! I am dipping the head though...not crazy about the particular alloy of UWG ERD used. It is very grey and dingy looking to me. Not warm, but dingy.

Missy - thanks!!! Yes it has been a long ride. :D

mom2boys - Your VC solitaire was a huge inspiration to me so I'm happy you like the way it turned out...that and obviously MM's petite torchiere.

Gem - aw...thanks! You were so helpful in identifying what I wasn't happy with in my last OEC which in turn helped me hone in on what I DID want. Thank you!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
It's breathtaking! Can't believe you didn't love it at first sight! :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ERD is just impressing more and more - I love the subtlety and the fluidity of the head. And that's before I even get to that perfect diamond with its luscious big facets. What an utterly delightful combination!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! What an incredible setting. I love how fluid it is and the two tone gold... :lickout:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope that Tiffany rose gold metro is yours because that is just PERFECT with that huge gorgeous honker! Congratulations!! :love: :appl: :love:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow... just... wow. That is incredibly beautiful! And it looks fabulous w/ the Tiff. Congrats!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god, this might be my favorite ring on PS. That setting is just absolutely to die for and it matches with any stacker you pair it with. It's so romantic and I personally love it with the twist band, since it gives all the attention to your dreamy OEC but again it's perfect with any of the stackers you showed.

It's so lovely, I hope you wear it in good health! All your patience has definitely paid off!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats :appl: Beautiful ring and stone. And this one looks both bigger and whiter on your finger as well :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! I love the stone as well as the setting. :love:

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful rings!! :love:
What style is the white gold stacker? It is hard to see from the pic, but looks like a bezel set eternity??

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
Wow, soooo pretty. Congratulations! It's a stunner. I love how the shank pinches in ever so slightly at the top, so elegantly.
Wear it in great happiness and enjoy!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's fantastic!!! I think plating the head is a great idea too. Now you need stackers ala Kate Beckingsale. Yum!!

badabling

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful but I loved your old YG setting too! I couldn't believe it when I saw I missed its sale. This setting is beautiful but with that stone everything would look gorgeous. I can't see any color in the pictures...how does it look IRL?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone and setting! I love it with the metro band! :love:

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
How is it possible that such a dainty band can hold a boulder that size? Seriously...so delicate and bold at the same time :love: ! What do they call that setting?

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you let it "woo" you because the diamond really looks great on your hand. I especially like it w/ the eternity band that's in the middle (I think it's the WG one?), the flow of the scalloped edges looks so pretty w/ the cut of your stone. YUMMMMMMMY :lickout: !!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results