Premium
rayt2688|1463082115|4030860 said:
Nice bling!

Thank you so much, rayt. :D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1463176833|4031448 said:
What great pieces you have added to your collection! I especially love the VC bracelet :love:

Thank you so much, bright ice. :D

I love love love her.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1463321826|4031939 said:
Phoenix are you a movie star? :shock:

Can you start a thread detailing your skin regimen? I had skin like that in my 20s. I remember you mentioning that you work out, which is obviously paying off! :appl:

Thank you so much, PintoBean. You're too kind! :D :D

I think a separate thread about my skin regime is a bit OTT, lol. So sweet of you though. I'll tell you here what I do (jacking my own thread, haha); it's actually nothing too complicated.

So, skincare - I've been doing the same things since I was a teenager (and that was a loooong time ago, ha ha).

- I always make it a point to take off all my makeup at the end of the day, no matter how tired I am. I never go to bed with make up on, never ever.
- I never use toner, I find it too harsh for my skin, even the non-alcohol one. Anyway, one you've cleansed your skin properly, you really don't need toner. I always rinse my face with plenty of water afterwards - in the shower.
- Eye makeup is the first to be removed and I do this with an oil-based remover, using cotton pads. If you don't wear heavy eye makeup, then a gentle remover would suffice.
- I use an oil remover also for my face, as my skin is super dry (it used to be normal/ combination, and I used to use a cream cleanser). I first put a bit of water on my made-up face, then put the oil on moist skin, remove the makeup with cotton pads. Then I put a little more oil on, massage it on a bit, put a little more water on and remove it again with cotton pads. Then I go to take a shower, and rinse off any remaining traces of oil.
- Then I put on an eye serum (and / or sometimes a Vit C concentrate, prescribed by my skin Dr), a face serum and then a light eyecream and a rich rich moisturiser. My go-tos are Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lift creme riche. I've been using Estee Lauder for the last 15-16 yrs, have tried to venture to other brands (for eg. La Mer) but I find that EL is the best for my skin.
- Sometimes, I use a hydrating face mask. But am too lazy to do it regularly. It's best if you're inclined, to do it once or twice a week.
- I rarely have facials. I actually dislike facials. I'd love to hear from other PS"ers if you do have facials regularly, if you find that facials help.
- Oh, and I put plenty of cream on my neck and decolletage. I'm getting a bit concerned abt my neck, as it is not taut as it once was. :(
- I never cleanse my face in the morning, only rinsing it with water in the shower. I personally think that cosmetics companies have brainwashed us into thinking we need to cleanse our face twice a day, so that we'd use up their products twice as fast! :rolleyes: I personally think that even if you have oily skin, you don't need to do heavy duty cleansing in the morning, just a gentle foaming cleanser that you rinse off with water is plenty enough. Too much messing around with your skin, IMO anyway, only over-stimulates the oil production and make any problem you have worse. As a teenager, of course I suffered from the odd pimple here and there, but found that I never had to do anything drastic. Of course, if other ladies do something different and find that it works for you, then great.
- I always always always use sunscreen, plenty on my face, neck (front and back, all over), decolletage and the back of my hands and a little bit on my arms. This is absolutely paramount.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makeup-wise, I never used to use foundation until a year or so ago..oh okay maybe 2 or 3 yrs ago, lol. I find that it clogs my skin a bit, but now have no choice as I do have uneven skin tone now. I never ever ever use powder (even as a teenager or in my 20's when I had combination skin), it clogs up your skin big time!! And with my dry skin now, powder just makes it worse!! :knockout:

When I go out in the evening, I sometimes use a highlighter on my cheeks.

Most of the time, I also put on some oil on my completely made-up face, just a teeny tiny bit. It helps to make your skin look more dewy. My fave is Kiehl's (used to be Dior, but that's super expensive).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1463334914|4032000 said:
Phoenix, that must be it. You must be a movie star. If you're going out all dressed all the time, it makes total sense that you would "need" all this bling. And that necklace does look perfect on you, and not at all over the top. Totally appropriate. Goes with everything.

And I showed these pics to my daughter, and she noticed the dangling halo emerald earrings that your friend was wearing. Ok, I get it. Your compatriots bling it out as much as if not more than you. But Holly is AMAZING. SHE HOLDS HER OWN. The love does look so chic with all your black ensemble. Thank you so much for sharing these action shots. I love them. I would not be averse to more. It is just so fabulous to see gorgeous bling being worn and admired and shown off. YAY!!! :love: :appl: :love:

Hahaha, I wish!! 8-) :lol:

Your daughter is very observant, bravo!! Indeed, my friend was wearing her dangling emerald earrings. She's the one whose necklace I took and never gave back, lol. She is very blinged out, all the time. We have different tastes though bling-wise for the most part and we're completely different style-wise. She has a LOT more pieces of bling, more mid-range. She has a cool collection of watches too.

Oh btw, you know the ruby & diamond bangles my friend was wearing? I'm having the same made for me, except mine are oval-shaped (whereas hers are round) and made to fit my child-like wrists.

Holly says thank you very much! :D Seeing her in all these recent photos makes me think that maybe she doesn't need to be halo'ed after all. What do you suggest?

I'll try to post more action shots. It's fun to be able to share with you guys. :dance: :twirl: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1463374999|4032184 said:
Phoenix, that must be it. You must be a movie star. If you're going out all dressed all the time, it makes total sense that you would "need" all this bling. And that necklace does look perfect on you, and not at all over the top. Totally appropriate. Goes with everything.

And I showed these pics to my daughter, and she noticed the dangling halo emerald earrings that your friend was wearing. Ok, I get it. Your compatriots bling it out as much as if not more than you. But Holly is AMAZING. SHE HOLDS HER OWN. The love does look so chic with all your black ensemble. Thank you so much for sharing these action shots. I love them. I would not be averse to more. It is just so fabulous to see gorgeous bling being worn and admired and shown off. YAY!!! :love: :appl: :love:

Your daughter is very observant, bravo!! Indeed, my friend was wearing her dangling emerald earrings. She's the one whose necklace I took and never gave back, lol. She is very blinged out, all the time. We have different tastes though bling-wise for the most part and we're completely different style-wise. She has a LOT more pieces of bling, more mid-range. She has a cool collection of watches too.

Oh btw, you know the ruby & diamond bangles my friend was wearing? I'm having the same made for me, except mine are oval-shaped (whereas hers are round) and made to fit my child-like wrists.

Holly says thank you very much! :D Seeing her in all these recent photos makes me think that maybe she doesn't need to be halo'ed after all. What do you suggest?

I'll try to post more action shots. It's fun to be able to share with you guys. :dance: :twirl: :appl:

Actually my daughter noticed those too. She pointed them out. I think oval would fit a lot more comfortably than round, especially on your little wrists, where you have very little flesh to cushion the sides of your wrists when they have contact with the metal of the bracelet. I think the perlee's shape is more comfortable and gentle on your wrist.

As to Holly, in my very own humble opinion, and I have absolutely no experience being around society mavens and attending events, I don't think Holly needs a halo. Size wise, I think the pics show she is more than enough. I am not sure if it's the size and shape of your hands and fingers or what, but she looks HUGE. People SEE HER. On your hand, she is proportionally BIG. At a quick glance, she looks as wide as your finger, and actually does cover up the whole width of your finger. From what I can tell from these few pics, your wardrobe tends toward clean lines, not a lot of frills and embellishments. Holly fits right in with that. And I can see how well your Love complements probably a lot of your wardrobe. I especially loved how you wore it with your LBD, with just Holly on that hand. (And can I say the one Love, unstacked, is sooo graceful and beautiful. I'm glad you didn't do a Kylie Jenner and wear them up your arm. One is just right to emphasize how slender your arms are.) Super clean simple lines and so effortless and CHIC. Like you could have worn exactly that jewelry all day and it transitions seemlessly with you into your evening lifestyle. (We couldn't tell for sure, but my DD thinks she saw studs in your ears too.) Perfect. I certainly don't want to insult your friend, but a jade bracelet and two diamond and ruby bracelets plus dangling emerald halo earrings don't make for a cohesive statement. But of course that is totally ok, and as long as she is comfortable and happy that is all that matters. It's just from a viewer's standpoint.

Not that a haloed Holly wouldn't be spectacularly beautiful, but it would give it a different look. Would that look go along with your personal look and style? Maybe you love and want a halo enough that it doesn't matter. Do what makes you happy. But if you are indifferent, or wanted to halo because you don't think Holly commands enough attention, I can assure you she does.

Thank you for sharing your pics with us. We have so much fun seeing such beautiful bling actually have a life, and be there to complement the wearer. You look wonderful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix I agree with LLJSmom completely. First of all I LOVE your elegant Riviera necklace. It looks spectacular on your lovely neck. :love: :love: :love:

And as for Holly I just swoon over her and I love her in her elegant classic setting. Of course it comes down to personal preference and there is no right or wrong but Holly just sings in that solitaire setting and I don't think it is possible to improve upon her gorgeous appearance in any other setting. But I am a sucker for a gorgeous big solitaire so JMO. LOVE Holly just as she is. :love: :love: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, PintoBean, since you were asking about my skincare regime, I should add also that how you (as in the third person you) eat affects how you look. Since I gave up alcohol, my skin and eyes are a lot less dry (I've always suffered from dry eyes) and my skin is way more radiant than it was before. Also, I don't have a sweet tooth and rarely eat sweets or desserts; and I abhor anything deep-fried. Alcohol, sugar and deep-fried foods, imo, are your skin's worst enemies. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and drink a ton (and I mean a ton, like 3-4 litres minimum, a day) of water. I find that regular exercise really helps with how your skin looks, not just your overall well-being.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1463392351|4032204 said:
Phoenix|1463374999|4032184 said:

Actually my daughter noticed those too. She pointed them out. I think oval would fit a lot more comfortably than round, especially on your little wrists, where you have very little flesh to cushion the sides of your wrists when they have contact with the metal of the bracelet. I think the perlee's shape is more comfortable and gentle on your wrist.

As to Holly, in my very own humble opinion, and I have absolutely no experience being around society mavens and attending events, I don't think Holly needs a halo. Size wise, I think the pics show she is more than enough. I am not sure if it's the size and shape of your hands and fingers or what, but she looks HUGE. People SEE HER. On your hand, she is proportionally BIG. At a quick glance, she looks as wide as your finger, and actually does cover up the whole width of your finger. From what I can tell from these few pics, your wardrobe tends toward clean lines, not a lot of frills and embellishments. Holly fits right in with that. And I can see how well your Love complements probably a lot of your wardrobe. I especially loved how you wore it with your LBD, with just Holly on that hand. (And can I say the one Love, unstacked, is sooo graceful and beautiful. I'm glad you didn't do a Kylie Jenner and wear them up your arm. One is just right to emphasize how slender your arms are.) Super clean simple lines and so effortless and CHIC. Like you could have worn exactly that jewelry all day and it transitions seemlessly with you into your evening lifestyle. (We couldn't tell for sure, but my DD thinks she saw studs in your ears too.) Perfect. I certainly don't want to insult your friend, but a jade bracelet and two diamond and ruby bracelets plus dangling emerald halo earrings don't make for a cohesive statement. But of course that is totally ok, and as long as she is comfortable and happy that is all that matters. It's just from a viewer's standpoint.

Not that a haloed Holly wouldn't be spectacularly beautiful, but it would give it a different look. Would that look go along with your personal look and style? Maybe you love and want a halo enough that it doesn't matter. Do what makes you happy. But if you are indifferent, or wanted to halo because you don't think Holly commands enough attention, I can assure you she does.

Thank you for sharing your pics with us. We have so much fun seeing such beautiful bling actually have a life, and be there to complement the wearer. You look wonderful.

Awwww, you are way too kind, LLJsmom!! :D

Your daughter is really VERY observant, awesome!! :appl: Yes, I def think oval-shaped bangles are better for my wrists since my wrists are so small and actually very flat. And, I was wearing my BGD studs, complete with jackets. You are right, though. Although I love big bling, my style is very much clean lines and classic, think Giorgio Armani (that's if I could afford to buy his clothes all the time! I wish!!); whereas my friend's is more along empire dresses and lots of frills and froufrou and her bling-philosophy is also more-is-more, lol!! Mind you, it suits her and she absolutely rocks it!! I must admit, I had to look up Kylie Jenner and Love bracelets (I know who she is, but was unaware of her stacking style); and this is my friend's style...more power to her, I'd say!! :appl: Just not my style, though.....However (there's always a "however", lol), I'm thinking of adding a yellow or rose gold Love, as the single Love looks a bit lonely on her own. I wouldn't stack more than 2 bracelets on my arm though, too busy a look for me personally.

So, yes, I do waffle back and forth about wanting to put Holly in a halo. I'd like a halo mainly to make her look bigger, but maybe she's fine as she is. Or maybe I'll do a more dressed-up version of a solitaire, something with diamonds on the shank and claws...we shall see... I guess, lol... :lol:

Thank you again for your wonderful compliments.

How's your solitaire vs 3-stone ring project going? Are you any further along the decision-making process? not that I think there's anything wrong at all with thinking it out thoroughly....the longer you take thinking about it, the better the final decision will be, I'm certain.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1463336421|4032009 said:
Thanks for indulging us with more pics of the necklace! :cheeky: Your bling is so sparkly in all of the pics! :sun:

Thank you, m-2-b. So sweet of you. :D

I can't seem to stop posting, lol!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, looking at these photos I woulda guessed you were in your late 20s! Which would make you umm... 18 when you first joined PS ;))

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelets have me drooling over here. And Holly is just spectacular!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix,

I'm struggling with kind of a decision right now. I'm test driving, so to speak. A limiting factor maybe my color sensitivity. I can't say anything until I've figured it out in my head. I have read tons of posts and the final decision is going to be so personal, and most of it will be me getting to know myself before I can make the decision. I hope to come to one soon. I'm feeling quite torn. :think: Besides, I don't want to jack your thread with my indecision. :doh: Your bling is much more lovely to see.

I must say that I was thinking Armani yesterday, when I saw the black dress. Not sure if that actually is, but it reminded me of it.

I'll pop by with an update if anything gets finalized. ;))

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! :appl: WOW! :appl: WOW! :appl:
Oh the finery!! Phoenix.. What a year it has been for you and it's only May.
I absolutely love VCA Perle.. your bracelet is perfection.
The diamond line necklace.. awesome. I have been recently trawling Ebay looking for one for myself.
We have similar tastes for sure.. I have that skinny Cartier ring and a white gold LOVE bracelet as well.
No wonder I love your taste.
Enjoy it all.. it's quite a haul!! :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1463468597|4032601 said:
Hi Phoenix,

I'm struggling with kind of a decision right now. I'm test driving, so to speak. A limiting factor maybe my color sensitivity. I can't say anything until I've figured it out in my head. I have read tons of posts and the final decision is going to be so personal, and most of it will be me getting to know myself before I can make the decision. I hope to come to one soon. I'm feeling quite torn. :think: Besides, I don't want to jack your thread with my indecision. :doh: Your bling is much more lovely to see.

I must say that I was thinking Armani yesterday, when I saw the black dress. Not sure if that actually is, but it reminded me of it.

LLJsmom, please thread-jack away!! Lol. I LOVE bing and can talk about bling all day long, hahaha. And your bling is lovely too! :love: :love:

I think it's a great idea for you to test drive. It's a HUGE decision. I honestly wouldn't rush. I totally understand the colour sensitivity issue (if I was ever to get a honker of an EC, for example, I'd go down to J to get more size but would want SBF). Of course, take your time, figure out for yourself and be comfortable with it yourself. It's far too much money not to be 1000% certain.

Haha, that is not an Armani. It's actually very inexpensive - I like(d) it so much though, I bought 3 pieces, 2 in black and 1 in red!! :rodent: :lol: I was just saying that Armani is more my style (I don't have many of his creations, I'd rather spend the money on bling) and I prefer to dress in clean lines most of the time, though I sometimes have crazy moments and go funky or a little girly/ flirty.

Please post only when YOU are ready. Sorry if I was being intrusive. Good luck with your decision-making.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1463420649|4032325 said:
Phoenix, looking at these photos I woulda guessed you were in your late 20s! Which would make you umm... 18 when you first joined PS ;))

LOL LOL!! :lol:

My 20's were a looong time ago!! Thank you though. One thing I have to say, I refuse to dress my age!! I don't think I dress inappropriately, but I refuse to be covered up from head to toes, or go frumpy, like some women in my age group (at least those I see around here)! :cheeky: If you've got it, flaunt it (as long as you do it in a classy manner) - that's my motto!! :clap: :dance: :whistle:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1463356670|4032099 said:
Beautiful bling. I can see why you love your necklace. Everything looks fabulous.

Thank you, marcy. :D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix
That is a beautiful and amazing necklace!.. :love: :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- So many gorgeous sparklies in one thread! I love everything! Thank you so much for sharing! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1463548798|4033111 said:
LLJsmom|1463468597|4032601 said:
Hi Phoenix,

LLJsmom, please thread-jack away!! Lol. I LOVE bing and can talk about bling all day long, hahaha. And your bling is lovely too! :love: :love:

I think it's a great idea for you to test drive. It's a HUGE decision. I honestly wouldn't rush. I totally understand the colour sensitivity issue (if I was ever to get a honker of an EC, for example, I'd go down to J to get more size but would want SBF). Of course, take your time, figure out for yourself and be comfortable with it yourself. It's far too much money not to be 1000% certain.

Haha, that is not an Armani. It's actually very inexpensive - I like(d) it so much though, I bought 3 pieces, 2 in black and 1 in red!! :rodent: :lol: I was just saying that Armani is more my style (I don't have many of his creations, I'd rather spend the money on bling) and I prefer to dress in clean lines most of the time, though I sometimes have crazy moments and go funky or a little girly/ flirty.

Please post only when YOU are ready. Sorry if I was being intrusive. Good luck with your decision-making.

You're totally not intruding. :D I do wish I could say something. I wish I could make up my mind. But this bling search and commitment to buying it is not only emotional, but also a process of self-discovery about myself. That's why it's such a struggle. Not only deciding what I like, which has been difficult enough, but to be at peace with it too. And then being willing to take a risk. I'm such risk averse person. I want to explore every option, do my due diligence, KWIM, to make sure I make the right choice. Anyhoo, when this all gets done, my post will be a long blabbering one.

I remember you saying that you wanted a big step cut. Is that still on your list? Are you actively looking or is it just on your "when you have the time and energy to pursue it" list?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1463632172|4033425 said:
You're totally not intruding. :D I do wish I could say something. I wish I could make up my mind. But this bling search and commitment to buying it is not only emotional, but also a process of self-discovery about myself. That's why it's such a struggle. Not only deciding what I like, which has been difficult enough, but to be at peace with it too. And then being willing to take a risk. I'm such risk averse person. I want to explore every option, do my due diligence, KWIM, to make sure I make the right choice. Anyhoo, when this all gets done, my post will be a long blabbering one.

I remember you saying that you wanted a big step cut. Is that still on your list? Are you actively looking or is it just on your "when you have the time and energy to pursue it" list?

Of course it's an emotional process and about discovering what you like and whether it's going to be something you'll love and keep forever, or at least for a looooong loooong time. It's far too much money not to spend time thinking and exploring and making sure it's gonna be something that you will absolutely LOVE.

I'm always going to lust after a large step-cut. I really love large EC's, like 7ct+. Alas, my bank a/c doesn't. I have plenty of time and energy, but not the resources. I guess it'll always lurk around in the background. But I will not actively pursue it. If I happen to come across one heck of a deal, I'd consider it; but for now, it's off the table.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1463397375|4032219 said:
Phoenix I agree with LLJSmom completely. First of all I LOVE your elegant Riviera necklace. It looks spectacular on your lovely neck. :love: :love: :love:

And as for Holly I just swoon over her and I love her in her elegant classic setting. Of course it comes down to personal preference and there is no right or wrong but Holly just sings in that solitaire setting and I don't think it is possible to improve upon her gorgeous appearance in any other setting. But I am a sucker for a gorgeous big solitaire so JMO. LOVE Holly just as she is. :love: :love: :love:

Thank you so much, Missy! You are way too kind! :D :D

So for now, Holly will stay as she is. Not going to halo her..I'm loving her in a solitaire these days. I think it's partly bc I have extra bling adorning my neck and arms that I don't feel the need to further-embellish her. :twirl: That, plus positive reinforcement from you lovely ladies on PS. :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal|1463422390|4032337 said:
Your bracelets have me drooling over here. And Holly is just spectacular!

Thank you so much, derbygal. :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, just a quick preview. This is what I'm debating on. This would be a trade in for me. Huge step away in color from my F MRB. But IRL, it's an amazing stone. The petals of the floral pattern pop up and wink at me all day long. I love just looking at my hand.

And let me just say I was thinking about you when I tried this on. But way too small for you. Just 4 carats. E, VS1 though, and "ON" all the time. No window and no dead spots...

_3705.jpeg

_3706.jpeg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix
Will you be my mistress ? but then I can't afford you... :oops: :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1463780433|4034156 said:
Phoenix, just a quick preview. This is what I'm debating on. This would be a trade in for me. Huge step away in color from my F MRB. But IRL, it's an amazing stone. The petals of the floral pattern pop up and wink at me all day long. I love just looking at my hand.

And let me just say I was thinking about you when I tried this on. But way too small for you. Just 4 carats. E, VS1 though, and "ON" all the time. No window and no dead spots...

Oooooh, GORGEOUS!!! :love: :love: :love: ...Specs pls? :naughty:

That's really a huge diversion from your MRB.

The EC looks beautiful too. Thanks for posting.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More random pics for your viewing pleasure. :cheeky:

perlee_wt_rubellite_ring.jpg

love_5.jpg

perlee_wt_alhambra.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

phx_group_pic.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

line_nekclace_3.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A hot looking woman :naughty: + a 5 ct MRB + a beautiful necklace + a Patek watch = :love: :love: .. It doesn't get any better than this!... :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results