shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2 new Quest Jewelers rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
On Saturday my DH picked up my 2 new Quest rings!

And for those who care, here is the story :)

The Citrine ring is a ring that my mother gave me a decade ago when my DD was born (November baby). She bought it at Hecht's and I know nothing about it other than it's a citrine. The setting was 10K yellow gold with small princess cut citrines on the side a dark melee as well. I wanted the citrine out of the ring since I no longer cared for the setting, but it does have sentimental value. The plans for the citrine are to be a put in a micro pave halo at some point. So for now, Pete at Quest made a simple 14K white gold shank with a yellow gold basket head and I love it! I wear it as a RHR and some time next year, will have Quest make the halo for it.

My new engagement ring
3.gif
that Huan and Pete at Quest created is two rings made into one. The shank is similar to the Tiffany Lucida in that it is very fluid. The only difference is that mine slightly pinches at the top of the shank to make my stone look bigger. The basket is the Cartier 1895 head and the prongs are very delicate and thin! I love it! The ring looks like the Lucida but then it has different prongs that give it a very unique look! To me, the ring is classic, timeless, clean and fluid. Quest exceeded my expectations AND my ring was done 2 weeks early!
36.gif

Quest set my princess cut stone differently than how it originally was set. My stone is not a square but more of a rectangle. I prefer square princesses but back in 2002, didn't really have a preference. When DH gave my ring e-ring Saturday night (With a new "proposal") I honstly thought he had upgraded my diamond! It looks totally different! Bigger, more square and brighter! Between how Quest set the diamond (I guess it's more E-W than N-S), the thin, delicate prongs and a thinner shank than my last cathedral solitare, the stone looks like it has been set free! No bulky V-prongs, the shank is thinner and I can see more of the beautiful diamond
30.gif

My only 2 concerns were my wedding band (2mm Facets Collection plain platinum) and my .55 ct. princess channel anniversary band. Since this e-ring is thinner, the diamond anniversary band looks more blingy when paired together. Height-wise, the anniversary band is a bit too tall for the e-ring and Pete did say they could shave down the band, if it bothered me. I go back and forth and am just going to wait and see how I like it in a few weeks.

I am torn about my 2mm plain band. On one hand, it's a great match with my e-ring but on the other... it now looks too thin? Almost like, the e-ring needs a band that is 2.5 mm instead of 2mm. However, I'm not sure I'm willing to shell out even MORE money for .5mm of width. Ya'll can see the two rings together in my pictures and give me your opinions
1.gif

Overall, Quest rocks and they have another happy customer! The ring ideas evolved from a Lucida copy, to a 3mm shank with U prongs, to a Mark Morrell look-alike that I love, to what I ultimately ended up with- a Tiffany Lucida Cartier combo, lol. Pete totally understand my concern about the diamond being lost in a bulky setting and prongs and he even nixed my idea of putting pave diamonds on the bar between the prongs, because it would take away from the center stone. Huan originally suggested the Cartier 1895 ring because it's a classic and timeless piece. Raelly, Pete and Huan's advice, opinions and patience was invaluable!
36.gif

Carrie

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Both rings are just beautiful and the princess cut ring is beyond words. The setting is so fluid and perfect for the stone. I can see why you are thrilled. Wear them in the best of health!

I wish you well,

Bridget

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
February2003Bride,
Your new setting is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE it! Of course, I''m biased, since I have a very similar wedding set ;-) But really, it looks great--very classic and a perfect combination of lucida and cartier. I love your citrine as well!
Do you have any pictures of your e-ring with your plain 2mm band?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love your rings! I love how delicate the basket looks, and I have to agree, the thinner band makes your diamond look huge. I really like the way the 2mm sp band looks with the new setting, I think you should just take some time to get used to it?

At any rate, beautifully done, I''m so thrilled for you. I come on here looking specifically for your ring! LOL.

Jeannine

p.s. I''ll have to show you my citrine I got for my college graduation. love them.

Jeannine

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I agree with divergrrl!! I love the look of the 2mm band with your e-ring--It makes your diamond really pop! I personally don''t think it''s worth it for you to look for a 2.5 mm band... that is, unless you want one anyway!!
31.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Carrie, it looks fabulous! It looks like a perfect match with both your bands. I think I may actually prefer the plain band. It looks fantastic! I liked your old setting too, but I really like this new one!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
those quest guys are the best. love your new rings..

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the new setting...and the marquise is such a pretty color!!!
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
your rings look lovely.

The princess looks so classic in this setting.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Quest did a terrific job for you, your rings are just gorgeous!!!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Yay! DH fixed my computer so now I can upload images again
1.gif

Thank you all, I love my rings! I will post more pictures soon!

IMG_1053.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Carrie:

We need many more pictures. I had bookmarked your "changed things up a bit" thread when I was resetting my ring, so I went back and forth now between the two (obsessive ps-er, i admit) and I love how much lower this setting sits. It''s more fluid and graceful than the cathedral (which I adored too).

You only have 1 shot with your diamond wedding band...you must post more. ASAP. its simply unfair.

LOL

Jeannine

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
LOL Jeannine! I am the WORST photographer here on PS. But I''ll torture you and everyone else with some photos I took today
2.gif

I will say that the more I wear my e-ring, the more I love it by itself, without a wedding band! I adored my last setting (and thank you so much for saying you did as well!) but the only thing that bothered me were the bulky V-prongs. The current setting is very similar to my last, however this one is thinner and instead of v-prongs, I have dainty ones that make the diamond look huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge (to me!).
30.gif
So to see the e-ring by itself with this fluid, flowing prongs, is really lovely.

Ok, pictures ahead! (in no particular order)

IMG_1073.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results