shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2.75 Leon Mege Antique Cushion!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
GIRRRRRL! You did it up RIGHT! NOW THAT IS AN E-RING! If I saw you walking down the street I would be like DAMN! My Grandma
31.gif
left me one like that. The GIA graded it at K but that booger was stone cold white!

I have a 1.76 E color princess cut and my Granny's looks just as white. It is BIGGER too like yours. HEY! I prefer to wear my Granny's because I get the compliments....I don't get much on the old princess cut. Probably because it is not that big...it blends in.

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Snooper, I love the look of the double prongs and originally wanted them for my solitare. However, Leon recommended the single and that is what I went with. I think the double complements your cushion cut. I am hoping in the future I can purchase a cushion cut colored gem and have it set with double prongs like yours. Your rings are beautiful. Wear them in good health.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if I mentioned this, but I love that ring! And the color, the warmth, are perfect for an antique cushion!

lamer

Rough_Rock
Hi, I recently joined today and wanted to express my thanks for such a great website! I am a newly added LIW and longtime lurker. No proposal yet, but I know (roughly) what I am getting...a solitaire cushion with double prongs. I think both single and double prongs look fabulous, and I didn''t even know double prongs existed before my bf mentioned the idea...well i immediately searched here and found wonderful examples. I am in love with the look!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I read that you were "too busy" but wondered if you could post some FULL finger shots? I am DYING to see what a ring of this size looks like on your fingers (are they shorter..longer?) Not much/Lots of space between the knuckles? Some can get away with stacking and wearing wider bands with more space between the knuckle, and the base of the finger. Just curious! Thanks

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 4:36:16 PM
Author: beau13
I read that you were ''too busy'' but wondered if you could post some FULL finger shots? I am DYING to see what a ring of this size looks like on your fingers (are they shorter..longer?) Not much/Lots of space between the knuckles? Some can get away with stacking and wearing wider bands with more space between the knuckle, and the base of the finger. Just curious! Thanks
Too busy buying some diamonds! HEEEEY!
27.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, my parents are flying in next week, so I have been preparing for their arrival. But I sold about 7 diamond bands, as I just don't stack since I have shorter fingers. I don't have big knuckles just short fingers.

EDIT: All my bands are 2mm or less, so I haven't even tried thicker bands. I did put my cartier rolling ring on with my ER before and that worked (mm wise) but too much for me. Nice staking in your avatar.

The only stacking I'd do is my avatar. I don't want scratches on my shanks.

Futuremrss: NO MORE buying diamonds. I wanna get a gemstone next
31.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 11:32:33 AM
Author: lamer
Hi, I recently joined today and wanted to express my thanks for such a great website! I am a newly added LIW and longtime lurker. No proposal yet, but I know (roughly) what I am getting...a solitaire cushion with double prongs. I think both single and double prongs look fabulous, and I didn''t even know double prongs existed before my bf mentioned the idea...well i immediately searched here and found wonderful examples. I am in love with the look!

Yeah I like both double and single claws too. The double always remind me of Winston :) Welcome to PS!

lamer

Rough_Rock
Thank you Snooper! Glad to be here. Winston (Harry I assume ?
30.gif
) style is right up my alley! And what sold me on the claw prongs is that they give just a touch of room for the pillow details of a cushion to peek out. So cute!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning! Happy birthday and congratulations!

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning. I''ve lusted after the incredible stones from Jewels by Erica Grace. Yours--and that lovely Leon setting--is amazing!
30.gif
Love, love, looooooooooove!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow! Happy Birthday
that''s some Leon collection for such
a youngin! Don''t worry, I''m only a little
22.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning, how did I miss this thread?!!!!! Incredible ring and stone, I am totally diggin the steep crown! You now have three incredible leon rings...I am soooo jealous LOL!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies for your kind words. Trust me, I''m done as I promised my my husband. Look forward to seeing everyone''s sparklies :)
35.gif

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Love your ring.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondkrazy

Rough_Rock
Snooper I love your ring, I used to lurk at the other forum you used to post and always admired your jewelry. Where did you get that beautiful brown diamond?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I remember oogling & drooling over that baby when Erica & Grace had it for sale loose; so you''re the lucky one! It is so incredibly gorgeous, those sun shots are spectacular. It''s just *got* to be whiter than K. Even from the side it''s just barely warm; just enough to have that yummy antique look. I love the ''maltese cross'' thing it does in the center... well, and then there''s that Leon solitaire setting you''ve got it in... perfect! I adore it! While the princess may be bigger (and gorgeous too, of course), if I were you, I think I''d have a tough time ever peeling the new cushion off my finger
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that stone!!! It''s amazing! And that setting is just perfect for it!!! WOW. Just beautiful.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 10:50:29 PM
Author: diamondkrazy
Snooper I love your ring, I used to lurk at the other forum you used to post and always admired your jewelry. Where did you get that beautiful brown diamond?

Thanks :) I don't know the rules on PS about mentioning certain names, but it's not from the vendor you might think it's from.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 12:09:34 AM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
I remember oogling & drooling over that baby when Erica & Grace had it for sale loose; so you''re the lucky one! It is so incredibly gorgeous, those sun shots are spectacular. It''s just *got* to be whiter than K. Even from the side it''s just barely warm; just enough to have that yummy antique look. I love the ''maltese cross'' thing it does in the center... well, and then there''s that Leon solitaire setting you''ve got it in... perfect! I adore it! While the princess may be bigger (and gorgeous too, of course), if I were you, I think I''d have a tough time ever peeling the new cushion off my finger
31.gif

Yeah, the maltese cross thing is sorta cool. What I liked is how it had that, oh what''s it called ... kozibe effect or something (the culet reflecting or something.
36.gif

thank you again ladies :)

vs

Rough_Rock
I love all of your Leon Mege pieces...stunning! I also love antique cushions and yours is gorgeous...the stone is really white and I never would have guessed the color :) The simple setting is perfect for the stone...congratulations!

diamondkrazy

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 2:34:11 AM
Author: Snooper
Date: 6/11/2008 10:50:29 PM

Author: diamondkrazy

Thanks :) I don''t know the rules on PS about mentioning certain names, but it''s not from the vendor you might think it''s from.

I didn''t think it was since you said it was custom cut for you. I can''t wait to see the finished product on that one!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Your pieces are stunning and classic. It seriously makes me miss my solitaire, you have the best of both worlds.
36.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Snoop! Sorry that I am late to the cushion partay but goshdarnit, your ring turned out to be soooooo lovely!

Glad to know you love it as much as Erica and I did (do? still? heck yeah!)! Wear in good health and happiness always!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this thread??? Gorgeous!

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Hey Snooper. Do you think you could e-mail me? I''m considering buying a cushion from Grace, and wanted to get some insight into your experience with them. It would be very much appreciated! :) Thanks!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Happy birthday! Your new diamond is big and chunky -- and the perfect color for that size antique cushion. It must look amazing in candle light. Oh, and I love the low solitaire setting you put it in. It''s a big diamond, but you didn''t try and make it even bigger by smothering it in halo''s and paved split bands. Instead, the low, simple setting with delicately curved prongs cradling the diamond looks refined and understated! In fact, it looks so tasteful (and I''m the *strange* PS-er who actually prefers diamonds under 1.5 carats) that I could see me wearing your ring!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I just had to add -- I agree wholeheartedly with the person above who said that even though the princess/trillion ring is bigger, she would have trouble peeling off the cushion! Me too! Not that I have anything bad to say about the princess cut ring, but the only compliment I can think of for it is that it''s big. On the other hand, your cushion solitaire in the delicate double claw setting is on my extraordinary list!!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Sure thing! I''ll do that later tonight as I''m just heading out to do errands.
1.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I forgot about my thread! But yes I am still in love with it! It''s not going anywhere :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results