shape
carat
color
clarity

my 10-prong antique setting engagement ring

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone, I recently got engaged (I got him a watch, proposed and he said yes) and he insisted on getting me a ring (life is tough) so here is what we chose. I don''t know much about diamonds but I like the 10-prong rose gold setting. They also tell me that this 1.3 carat diamond has an antique cut (Old European?). Hope you enjoy as much as I have enjoyed all of your photos.

ringbirdseye.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! I totally love your ring! I love everything about it - the rose gold, the incredible diamond, and especially, the 10-prong head! I was asking people to post pics of 8-prong settings a few weeks ago, because I love that antiquey look, and yours is one of the nicest I''ve seen! Congrats!!!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your proposal, for taking the plunge and of course being engaged!!!

Your ring is really lovely, I really like the 10 prongs.

Have you any hand shots?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Noelwr, if you don''t mind my asking, where did you find your ring and setting? I would love to see more settings by that designer. Also, I''d love to hear more specs on that gorgeous diamond!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ACK!!! I HEART your ring!!! Im on an 8-prong kick currently and your 10 prong ring is just lovely!

The rose gold is beautiful too! May I ask where your fiance sourced the ring?

Whoops - pardon my lack of manners
38.gif
, CONGRATS on the engagement! And kudos to you for proposing to him!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
ooh, very pretty! i''m loving the antique cut diamond, the rose gold, the delicate proportions, the low-set 10-prong head - so, in short, everything about it!

congratulations on your engagement, and on your g
30.gif
rgeous ring!
36.gif

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
How fabulous that you proposed!!
36.gif
Did you do it on Sadie Hawkins Day? Many congratulations!!!!

Wow, wow, WOW.... that is spectacular.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''ve never seen another setting like it.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
thanks all of you! you don't know how much your comments mean to both of us. I wore it to work for 2 days and no one said anything. I think they are used to my different jewelry every day and thought it was just another addition to my collection. here are some hand shots (I don't have as pretty hands as the rest of you). the color of the diamond is I-J and the clarity is pique, but I really cannot see anything wrong with it. because it is antique cut, they say it has more warmth than newer precision cut diamonds and that this can be seen more in candle light.

we live in the Netherlands and my darling fiance bought it in a shop in the Hague that specializes in antiques (jewelry and silverware). one of the jewelers in the shop made it by hand - so no design name, I am afraid! not sure if I am allowed to post it, but here is a link to their website: www.simonsjuweliers.nl

noelhand1.JPG

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i love the rose gold and teeny delicate prongs. it looks beautiful on your hand! congrats on your engagement
36.gif

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and what a beautiful ring!
Everything about it is perfect!!!!
Rose gold, 10 prongs, stone size ...
I''m a fan!!!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my stars, I love your ring! It truely is a stunning piece, congratulations on your engagement...and it looks LOVELY on your hand!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful and unique. Lovely stone.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love your ring!!! I is really beautiful and looks gorgeous on your hand. I love the style of the ring too and the rose gold. I love the prongs!!!

Linda

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
What an AWESOME ring!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Congratulations!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
ooooo I love your ring!
36.gif

I love the setting! The 10 prongs, the rose gold, all of it! Beautiful!
LOVELY stone!

I also love that you proposed
36.gif

Congratulations!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Oh, congratulations!
Your ring is just so beautiful - I think it''s one of the loveliest I''ve seen so far.
Enjoy it, it''s a stunning ring.

Jen

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS, Noelwr!
35.gif

Your ring is gorgeous! I love it! The rose gold and the 10 prong head is perfection!
30.gif

It is just so, so, so pretty!
36.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! It''s seriously so lovely, and just a romantic ring! I love the low setting, too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. I''m a big yellow and rose gold and solitaire fan, and your ring has it all. Simply beautiful!!

I love that you proposed. Way to GO, GIRL!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous ring!!!! I love the rose gold, I wonder why that isn''t more common, its so lovely! Congrats on your engagement!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Very unusual, and I love unusual! It has a very antique, handmade look that I find really appealing.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and kudos to you for proposing, and with a watch no less! Right on!

Love the ering. May I be the first to welcome you to the "OCC" (the Old Cuts Club)...unfortunately you have violated a cardinal rule and that is to provide us with more data on your stone than you ever thought anyone would ever want! Can I know what "pique" clarity means, as I''ve never heard that term before?

Love the setting and the rose gold, well done!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring is absolutely stunning! The diamond is gorgeous and that setting is just unbelievable! The rose gold, the prongs...YUM! Congratulations on your engagement (I love that you proposed!) and welcome to PS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results