shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.52ct RB in Plat Royal Crown (James Allen)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol, Mara! You know I''m a honker-loving whore, too, so we can be shameless together.
emsmilep.gif
I was hunting all over for a picture of PreciousJewels'' RC and then came back to this thread to see that you beat me to it! lol. Thank you for digging that up! (a 3ct rock on a 2 1/2 size finger? Daaay-ummm!!)

You and Stermag are right -- large stones do look incredible in the RC. I''d probably have to go direct to Vatche to have one custom-made. On their web site, the stone size settings go up to 2ct.

Stermag -- what is the millimeter shank width on your beauty? Do you know the approximate depth as well? Did Jim procure the setting for you and have his own jeweler set it, or did he send the stone out to Vatche for setting? Sorry for all the questions....see what your beautiful ring''s thread started??!! Thanks!
emsmile.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sevens, if a ring looking that good means you break one of DF''s rules, sign me up!!
9.gif

PJ actually sent me some other images of her stone in the RC setting, I will have to see if I can dig them up. They are side views. She doesn''t post that often that I can recall anymore.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Stermag,
The ring is very pretty. I like the setting a lot. I had never seen that look before, and I love to see something different. I never knew what could be done with a solitaire.
Congratulations again!

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Kristy,

Jim did have this one made. I really wanted an RC but I really didn''t want to have to send the stone to have it set by someone else.

The shank width is 2.5mm by my measurements, depth (if I understand correctly) is ~1mm. The head is about 7mm high.

I will take more photos when I get home tonight.

Part of what drew me to the RC originally is this idea (or vision) I had of a solitaire setting with prongs that intertwine. None of the pictures I''ve taken so far illustrate this very well, but hopefully I''ll be able to capture it later. I''m all about all kinds of symbolisms and the interlocking prongs, like interlocking fingers in two holding hands, remind me of what marriage is supposed to be.

Cheesy, I realize :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2006 3:36:54 PM
Author: sevens one

Date: 3/7/2006 3:29:37 PM
Author: Mara
Because I am a shameless large stone loving RC whore and stermag mentioned larger stones looking fab in the RC setting, I dug out this image of Precious Jewels'' 3c honker with a WF eternity ring...my god I just salivate wildly every time I see this image...ya think I like it? hehe.

Kristy, imagine your monster in this RC setting, it''s even larger than PJ''s. I seriously think I''d pass out and drown in my own sea of drool.
come to think of it; PJ broke one of DF''s carat size rules.
Her round is a 3ct but her finger size is only 2 1/2 (I think) He he- according to his calculations PJ shouldn''t have gone
bigger than 1 1/2 carats!
6.gif
is that possible.
33.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
beautiful setting and beautiful diamond!! Congrats!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Congradulations! ABsolutely stunning ring! I love the diamond and just adore the setting! It is a favorite of mine!

AManda

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
You have the RB ring of my dreams. 1 1/2 carats is my sweet spot for a RB, and the setting you chose is absolutely devine. I''ve become a solitaire gal, but sometimes they can be a little boring. The RC style just does something so lovely for the ring that makes me feel you could wear it for a lifetime and not become bored with it. It''s beautiful. Wear it in good health.

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Lumpkin - how sweet of you. Thanks! :)

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
OMG I Love it!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Stermag, congratulations on your engagement! You have a beautiful ring. The setting is so classy and timeless.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results