shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.22/L/SI1 Chunky Cushion Upgrade!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all :wavey: Now that my husband and I are done having children, we (meaning I) decided that it was time for me to get a mother's ring. However, my kids' birthstones are Garnet and Ruby. Two red stones and I didn't feel that was my style. We then considered getting H&A sidestones to go with my .84/K/SI1 H&A, but would have to buy a new setting at about double what I wanted to spend. But...I have a lifetime upgrade at the jeweler that sold me my .84, and I only had to spend $1.00 more than my original purchase price to qualify. I began oogling all of the beautiful rings we have on here and my heart went pitter-patter each time I saw a wonderfully warm, chunky cushion so that's what we went with. Enjoy the pics!

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Is it me or does that stone look bigger than 1.22?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
It looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes, that's gorgeous!! The setting is sooo pretty, love those double claw prongs! And the stone looks so substantial on you, you must be thrilled!! Congrats!

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty!!! It is very similar to the one I'm still waiting for :) Enjoy it!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Love the double claws! Its gorgeous! Congratulations :appl:

Aven

Rough_Rock
Gorg!!! I love your set, substantial wedding ring and the solitaire setting with your lovely, lovely new diamond beauty! So timeless :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! I love your set! There is something about a wider set with a bit more metal that really speaks to me! Your new stone is awesome!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and your rings look great with it. Congratulations.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beauty honey and it looks fabulous on your tiny finger. It was SO worth the wait! and no one would ever guess that it's an "L". It looks fabUlous!

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Its beautiful!! Do you mind saying where your setting is from? I love it!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful upgrade. It is so classic and elegant. It looks huge on your tiny fingers.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the cut of that stone - the L/W ratio is perfect! It looks huge (what size are your fingers?) and beautiful. Congratulations!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo pretty! Congrats on the new ring!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
HeatherL|1317484924|3030600 said:
Its beautiful!! Do you mind saying where your setting is from? I love it!

HeatherL: My setting is by Alfred Butler out of NYC. It originally looked like the Vatche Royal Crown and was modified by my jeweler to fit my cushion. re

The wedding band is 14K WG, 3mm comfort fit and the same height as my e-ring. Both rings are a size 4. My fingers swell to about a 4.25+/- in the summer and shrink to about a 3.75+/- in the winter so it's a good compromise; I don't feel like my e-ring is spinning constantly, it's not too tight and it doesn't feel as if it will just slide right off.

I've had the ring a few days now and I just LOVE it! The L color is so perfect. I really wanted a warmer stone (not due to budget) and it just glows :love:

Since this is PS and we're all jewelry nuts, I'll say that it's HUGE too. HUGE HUGE HUGE. E-rings are much more modest around here (think .50 - 1.00 average) and on my tiny finger this diamond just pops!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Stats on my ring:

EGL (USA)# 77384902

Measurements: 7.07 x 5.66 x 4.05 mm

Weight: 1.22 carats

Depth: 71.80%

Table: 56.00%

Girdle: slightly thick - thick

Culet: small

Clarity: SI1

Color: L