shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.148 RB in BGD''s Grace setting - attempt 2

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So I put these up with PS 2 and the thread has gone away.

Leslie just e-mailed me yesterday to tell me my e-ring is done. My ring won''t be in my hand until Friday night, and I can''t find my digital camera! I have a new Canon Rebel, but I don''t have a macro lens
8.gif
and I tried taking pics of my gems and it didn''t go so well. So give me dust that my old camera turns up. I will look really hard.

In the meantime, here are the glamour shots.

LTFeringgrace2.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see it in real life, because the Grace setting looks so much better in person.

I was concerned the low setting would make my diamond look smaller, but that does not seem to be the case at all!!! It looks like they set it "medium" height. I did not give Brian specifics, but he promised it would be the same height as my temp setting. It looks like the raised look will allow me to have a full view of my diamond when I am wearing my wedding band.

BrianGavin_Grace2b_051410.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 9:29:12 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I can''t wait to see it in real life, because the Grace setting looks so much better in person.

I was concerned the low setting would make my diamond look smaller, but that does not seem to be the case at all!!! It looks like they set it ''medium'' height. I did not give Brian Specifics, but he promised it would be the same height as my temp setting. It looks like the raised look will allow me to have a full view of my diamond when I am wearing my wedding band.
Yes this is so key! My new setting is a little higher and I can see the whole stone above a wb whereas I could not with my last setting and I MUCH prefer the stone sitting totally above the wb!

It looks great and you will love it for sure!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It looks beautiful! I can''t wait to see it on your hand!!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 9:42:03 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Date: 5/18/2010 9:29:12 PM

I can''t wait to see it in real life, because the Grace setting looks so much better in person.

I was concerned the low setting would make my diamond look smaller, but that does not seem to be the case at all!!! It looks like they set it ''medium'' height. I did not give Brian Specifics, but he promised it would be the same height as my temp setting. It looks like the raised look will allow me to have a full view of my diamond when I am wearing my wedding band.

Yes this is so key! My new setting is a little higher and I can see the whole stone above a wb whereas I could not with my last setting and I MUCH prefer the stone sitting totally above the wb!

It looks great and you will love it for sure!

Thanks, I never really thought about the stone sitting above the wedding band until now. But I love looking at my stone, so I am glad it was made that way.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 10:02:25 PM

Thanks, I never really thought about the stone sitting above the wedding band until now. But I love looking at my stone, so I am glad it was made that way.
Poor Yssie didn''t either and now she is having her whole setting remade to raise the center stone a little... oh and getting a honkin big diamond too, but the setting supposedly prompted the whole thing
4.gif

When will you have your wb?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 10:02:10 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
Congrats! It looks beautiful! I can''t wait to see it on your hand!!!!!

Thanks, neither can I. Camera still missing. I am going to cry about that. I am concerned it is gone for good. I will keep playing with the new DLSR. I will find a way to post hand shots.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 10:21:37 PM

Poor Yssie didn''t either and now she is having her whole setting remade to raise the center stone a little... oh and getting a honkin big diamond too, but the setting supposedly prompted the whole thing
4.gif

I totally missed that post. New setting and a bigger diamond???? I need to read about this.

Leon cashed my check at the very end of Apr and his work order says about 30 days. So I am hoping to have the ring in hand in 2-3 weeks??? But I can''t wear it for 4 months.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 10:41:55 PM

Date: 5/18/2010 10:21:37 PM

4.gif

I totally missed that post. New setting and a bigger diamond???? I need to read about this.

Leon cashed my check at the very end of Apr and his work order says about 30 days. So I am hoping to have the ring in hand in 2-3 weeks??? But I can''t wear it for 4 months.
Oh, you need to find the post my friend, she has photos of the new 2.7ct diamond on her itty bitty hand it is a sight to behold...

OK, you can''t wear it for 4 months but you can try it on, right? And maybe take some pictures?
12.gif

11.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring! You must be so excited to get it!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!! I can''t wait for real life pics!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
lknvrb4, oddoneout, lailia619, luckyeshe, and bella_mezzo - Thank you very much. Hopefully FI is picking it up right now and will snap a pic on his cell phone for me

dreamer - of course I will try it on, expecially since I am going full eternity and have been nervous about the ring size since it can''t be changed. But it is a tad bigger than my e-ring (Brian said my temp setting was actually 5 7/8).

And yes, I will take pics, still bumming about my lost camera, but I will do my best with the new one.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
firecracker
congrats,beautiful ring!!
30.gif
36.gif
but no specs?
slap4.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 6:54:00 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
firecracker

congrats,beautiful ring!!
30.gif
36.gif
but no specs?
slap4.gif

Thanks!!

Sorry about that DF

Brian Gavin Signature H&A
AGS 0
F VS2

1.148 ct
Diamater: 6.73mm
Total Depth: 61.4%
Table size: 56%
Crown angle: 34.8
Cutlet: very small 0.4%
Girdle: med-sl thick

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful! Hope your camera turns up.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh it's lovely LtlF!!! I just adore simple, elegant, fluid solitaires - and yours is exactly that
30.gif
30.gif

I completely agree with you and dreamer on the height of the stone - I'm so excited to have a setting that shows off the diamond even with a wband! (and yes, the lack of stone height in 'poor yssie's'
11.gif
old setting was in fact the catalyst to the latest in that saga, though restraint didn't exactly feature highly
12.gif
which for some reason amuses FI to no end
20.gif
28.gif
)

I do have a question for you: your stone is high enough that the doughnut is not functionally required, did you specifically request it? I know some prefer the little space between Ering and wband - I think Lynn called it sexy
5.gif

ETA: I just upturned a bucket of camera-dust on you!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
legra - thanks, I have a bad feeling about the camera. The last I can remember it is when I threw it into the center console before letting the valet people park the car on the weekend I went to visit BGD....

Yessie - So I found your CADs, and wow that is going to be one amazing ring, is it done yet? I did not specifically request the doughnut. He did tell me it was part of the design and would leave a small gap. The Grace is cast in once piece. I am wondering if a complete design change would have been necessary. I might have asked them to do without if I would have thought of that. But, it is kind of done now. Leslie actually sent me 4 pics, I cropped this one so I could post it, it shows how big the doughnut is.

Now that I am thinking about it, he told me that Leon's objection to me wearing my e-ring and wedding band together is that they will eventually wear them selves down. He said the doughnut would allow the rings to have less contact with each other and slow that process. But my band is going to be bead set, I am still not sure why Leon had such strong objections to me wearing it with a solitaire e-ring when he makes so many other wedding sets.

Anyways, here is the pic

LTFgracesideview.jpg

lweber

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! The setting looks just perfect!

I agree with you and being able to see the whole stone. Mine is a little more exposed than yours, and I love seeing the whole enchillada.

Find your camera or borrow one...I want to see the ring on your hand!

Also, when you get pics of the wb, please post them too.
Congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2010 8:37:11 PM
legra - thanks, I have a bad feeling about the camera. The last I can remember it is when I threw it into the center console before letting the valet people park the car on the weekend I went to visit BGD....

Yessie - So I found your CADs, and wow that is going to be one amazing ring, is it done yet? I did not specifically request the doughnut. He did tell me it was part of the design and would leave a small gap. The Grace is cast in once piece. I am wondering if a complete design change would have been necessary. I might have asked them to do without if I would have thought of that. But, it is kind of done now. Leslie actually sent me 4 pics, I cropped this one so I could post it, it shows how big the doughnut is.

Now that I am thinking about it, he told me that Leon's objection to me wearing my e-ring and wedding band together is that they will eventually wear them selves down. He said the doughnut would allow the rings to have less contact with each other and slow that process. But my band is going to be bead set, I am still not sure why Leon had such strong objections to me wearing it with a solitaire e-ring when he makes so many other wedding sets.

Anyways, here is the pic
That's definitely a good thing! I went through your threads and found your band choice, your set is going to be fabulous
10.gif

Mine won't be done for a while. It was expected to ship this week but the corporation that is GIA delayed sending my stone back to wf by about 2 wks
40.gif

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ltl That is a teensy donut and it will actually protect the metals from rubbing each other too much as well. That one single small point of contact is better than the full top circumphrence I guess. I wager you will not notice the gap, that is a small donut. On my rings the gap is actually quite pronounced, but even still in every day wear I do not detect it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
lweber - Thank you. I just got a Canon Rebel - I thought I had a whole year to learn how to use it. Looks like I have to figure it out by this weekend
3.gif
. It is just I have the basic lens, so I am not sure what kind of pic quality I am going to get.

yessie - I can''t wait to see it either, I think the 2 pieces are going to work great together. And I wanted a band that could stand on its own for the days I don''t want to wear my e-ring.

Dreamer - it does look small. In the other pic with the logo, you cannot even see it stick out. I don''t mind a small gap.

So my FI did not go and pick up the ring today
38.gif
. He said he had too much to do at work and promised he would get it tomorrow. He is driving down on Friday, and he said he "knew better" than to show up without the ring. I was hoping to at least get a low quality cell phone pic, but oh well. Hopefully he gets it in the morning.

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! You will love the Grace! Cant wait for those handshots!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 10:30:59 PM
So my FI did not go and pick up the ring today
38.gif
. He said he had too much to do at work and promised he would get it tomorrow. He is driving down on Friday, and he said he ''knew better'' than to show up without the ring. I was hoping to at least get a low quality cell phone pic, but oh well. Hopefully he gets it in the morning.
hahaa... I would have totally throttled my husband if he did that!
9.gif
But at least he did not show up on Friday without it !
37.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results