shape
carat
color
clarity

MRB Reset - Victor Canera Emilya

mns12

Shiny_Rock
First, I’m so grateful to all the wonderful PSers for helping me learn so much in my reset journey! I luckily stumbled across this site when my original ER solitaire broke and I googled “halo or solitaire”. I was very close to purchasing a Tacori halo setting but kept coming back to the Victor Canera Emilya. I was very hesitant to purchase something for that type of investment without seeing the ring in person, but the PS community helped me with my final decision. I read and re-read so many threads. A big thanks to Frankie, Soxfan, and Susimoo whose threads and pictures ultimately helped me make my final decision. I was VERY torn on the cushion halo or round halo and decided on round and it is gorgeous!! A very small part of me still wonders about the cushion halo but I think I’ll save that for a RHR with a sapphire!

Center diamond is 1.51 ct and my ring size is 4.375, although I think I’m closer to a 4 or even smaller but my darn knuckle prevents me from going much smaller. So since it’s colder now the ring is starting to spin, which drives me crazy, but I don’t think there is much I can do about it :confused:

So, here she is! Thanks Victor!!

iphone_pics_102613_0.jpg

iphone_pics_102613_1.jpg

iphone_pics_102613_321.jpg

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Its so pretty! You can't go wrong with Emilya. Congrats!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous. Congratulations.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!! You must be very happy with the reset!!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Need more stats on your diamond, please! :appl:

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Thanks All!

Stats (I had to dig up the original appraisal as the diamond was purchased 10 yrs ago and I had zero input)
1.51 ct
7.42mm/7.35 X 4.54
H, SI-2

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness how beautiful!! :love: You must be beyond thrilled to have this on your finger! VC's settings are so perfect, I love the Emilya and it looks fabulous on you! :appl:

I have the same issue as you...my ring is 4.25, I could go smaller but then will be so hard to get over my knuckle, and my hands swell a bit in warm weather...the weather has just gotten cool here and my ring is already spinning like crazy and driving me absolutely nuts, and winter hasn't even started! Some people use sizing balls to help with this, I've also seen a horseshoe insert - I've resorted to using those plastic snuggie ring sizers you can get at Claire's or Walmart...far from perfect, but a quick fix for now and at least my ring stays put.

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Junebug! I've enjoyed reading your posts, as well as arkieb1, diamondseeker2006, and mom2boys. I'm telling you..this site has become quite an obsession..my hubby isn't too happy I stumbled across it :naughty:

I already have a list for Christmas :appl:

Thanks for the info...I will have to look into some type of solution to help with the ring spinning b/c not sure I can take it all winter.
I'm not sure if I will eventually get a spacer/matching band and if that would help?? My current WB is a 15 pointer eternity so that looks ridiculous with the new ring:)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another beauty from Victor - congrats on your new ring! It is lovely. I think a wedding band of some sort might help ground the ring a bit to help spinning issue.

Enjoy!

mns12

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks|1382842506|3545383 said:
Another beauty from Victor - congrats on your new ring! It is lovely. I think a wedding band of some sort might help ground the ring a bit to help spinning issue.

Enjoy!

Thanks! I will have to go try some delicate bands on to get a feel.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! Well chosen!

Another idea for the spinning problem - eat a cheesecake! :naughty: just kidding of course. A band will likely help. Have you seen SB's stack when she had her 2ct Emilya? It's my favorite combination. She had a matching pave band, a tiny platinum spacer and a sapphire and diamond eternity in alternating marquise shapes and round. Stunning!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!! Congrats on the reset!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Rosebloom|1382844078|3545400 said:
It's gorgeous! Well chosen!

Another idea for the spinning problem - eat a cheesecake! :naughty: just kidding of course. A band will likely help. Have you seen SB's stack when she had her 2ct Emilya? It's my favorite combination. She had a matching pave band, a tiny platinum spacer and a sapphire and diamond eternity in alternating marquise shapes and round. Stunning!

Thank you:)
Funny you should say that b/c I had cheesecake for desert at dinner last night. That or I can just move to somewhere tropical where the heat swells my fingers :twirl:

I have seen SB's stack (about 20 times:) and do love it!! I had already put a sapphire (my birthstone) and diamond stacker on my xmas list but was also thinking I could stack with my WB eternity on RH. But I can play around and see what works and what I like best on my hands.

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1382855913|3545449 said:
Another beauty by Victor! Your ring is stunning from every angle and your center stone pops!!!
A few small bands might help to prevent the spinning or perhaps you could have sizing beads added by a local jeweller.

Don't forget to post your beauty here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-your-victor-canera-beauties-here.175281/page-3/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-your-victor-canera-beauties-here.175281/page-3/[/URL]

Thanks Acinom!

I will post there when I get the chance. There and also the thread showing solitaires to halos!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful! Mine will spin in the winter too. I'll let you know when I get a band if it helps!

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Crazy4CushionCutDiamonds|1382926805|3545888 said:
Its gorgeous!! Absolutely breathtaking. Wear it to good health!!

Thank you!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous reset!! Victor's work is amazing. Congratulations!!

mns12

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom|1383313813|3548628 said:
Gorgeous reset!! Victor's work is amazing. Congratulations!!

Thanks! Your Tiffany Aquamarine halo is to die for!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How were the first 5 days with your ring mns :naughty:
Don't you just enjoy it to the max!!! It's just a perfect design and center stone. Have you received any reactions outside PS?

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1383322747|3548671 said:
How were the first 5 days with your ring mns :naughty:
Don't you just enjoy it to the max!!! It's just a perfect design and center stone. Have you received any reactions outside PS?

Wonderful:) All VERY positive reactions so far! My mother-in-law asked me if it was 3 or 4 carats lol! Now granted she is not a diamond or jewelry person. My sister said it looks like I just got engaged. And I have found myself wanting to wear an eternity band with it some days..I would at least like the option. So that will be my next project. I'm not sure if I feel like spending the $2k + for VC since I already have and love my 15 point WB eternity...but not sure if I can find something that can hold up to the Emilya for much cheaper??

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
This is just perfection!!! I never get tired of seeing this design...Victor is without a doubt a pave god and next year I am planning on working with him. I do love the look of the matching eternity band, perhaps I should get that instead of the 10 pointer now to go with my soon to be here ering, so Im not in the same predicament. Goodluck with your decision perhaps make it for your next birthday gift. ;))

Rockredo

Shiny_Rock
So gorgeous! Are you wearing bands with it? Or are you wearing in the RH? I think it's so beautiful it could clearly holds it's own. Just curious to see what it looks like with bands and the donut, thanks! Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results