shape
carat
color
clarity

Mr. LizzieCs fun w-band from WF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! This afternoon I picked up FI''s wedding band from WF....

Looks pretty standard, right?
2.gif

w-band0515062.jpg

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Yep! He''s got a diamond! A princess suprise diamond! I told him I would sneak one in somehow!
5.gif
We wanted an asscher at first, but they''re cut too deep, so we settled with a princess. It''s very very pretty!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another pic with doggie in the background!
1.gif
FI''s 10.75 band looks pretty big on my 5.25 finger! (Pic inspired by Mara of course
2.gif
)

w-band0515063.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH LIZZIE I just love it!! The surprise diamond is too cute. It looks great. What a fabulous idea....!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Cool! Me likey. I am not a big fan of the look of diamonds in a man''s ring (or in any other jewelry for that matter) but I like the idea of giving a diamond (I get one, why shouldn''t he?). This is a neat way to incorporate one into the ring for symbolic gesture without losing the look of the plain band. What is the carat wt on it?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
OMG! i abso-fricken-lutely love it!! i think that may solve my FI''s ring dilema too!!!! he started out wanting a itty-bitty diamond on his band to match my rings a bit. then this weekend, we went for him to try some on. well all of that went out the door when he fell in love with a comfort fit WG 6 mm band. well i never thought about the diamond being hidden!! i wonder if WF has K aca''s tiny enough for that purpose!?! i shall see!

thanks soooo much for sharing!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh yes- what size is that diamond??

and, would you be upset if i become a copy-cat?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is really cool. I love it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice, and sneaky too
27.gif
. Way to satisfy his secret desire for bling.
9.gif

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! I''m so glad you like it! I can''t remember the thread right now, but someone had a surprise RB in their husbands w/band, as well as a bezel set on on the outside of the band. I showed it to FI and he didn''t like the idea of an RB (even a surprise one) and kept on insisting that he just wanted it plain plain plain... then he said he would only be okay with the surprise diamond if it was an asscher, so we would match (how cute is that!
9.gif
)... when WF said they wouldn''t be able to find a shallow enough asscher and suggested princess instead, I figured we''d probably scrap the whole idea, but to my surprise FI said he was okay w/ the princess. So then asked if he preferred the princess to no diamond at all... and he said yes. So THEN I had to make fun of him for a little while, for his diamond change of heart... guess he''s caught the diamond fever from me!
36.gif

Date: 5/15/2006 6:21:21 PM
Author: jcrow
oh yes- what size is that diamond??

It''s a .03 carat G-VS

and, would you be upset if i become a copy-cat?

Of course not! I''m a copy cat myself.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks so much for the info. i did see flopkins post too. i just hadn''t thought of doing just the surprise diamond.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a clever idea - that turned out great!!! What a way to make an ordinary man''s wedding ring into something really special.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
What a groovy idea!
My e-ring is a princess solitare. How cool would it be if FI got one too (hidden, of course!)

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh lizzie I likie!!! of course, I esp like bc, as you mentioned, my DH has a wb with a little baby inside too!
2.gif

It''s funny DH sometimes takes off his ring to show ppl the itty bitty surprise one inside and you can kind of just see on their faces... that they just... don''t... get.... it... hehe... ah well it has meaning for us and it''s kinda fun.
9.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that idea! Never would have thought of that in a million years - it will be the hottest trend out there now!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, you started a new trend. Love the ring.

Linda

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
i love it! i am looking for mrflutters band now and all he wants is a platinum custom fit, i certainly dont want to spend the money on a suprise diamond! But if I had the money, i would totally steal your idea, that is so unique!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Nicely done - very cool idea!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i keep coming back to this thread to check out the pics!
do you think you could snap and post a pic of it on FI''s hand?

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 9:55:23 PM
Author: flopkins
oooh lizzie I likie!!! of course, I esp like bc, as you mentioned, my DH has a wb with a little baby inside too!
2.gif

It''s funny DH sometimes takes off his ring to show ppl the itty bitty surprise one inside and you can kind of just see on their faces... that they just... don''t... get.... it... hehe... ah well it has meaning for us and it''s kinda fun.
9.gif
Thanks for the great idea flopkins! Yeah, I''m sure lots of people would think we''re nuts, but as you say, it has meaning for us.... just goes to show that diamonds can have symbolic value even if you can''t see them!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 10:31:46 AM
Author: jcrow
i keep coming back to this thread to check out the pics!
do you think you could snap and post a pic of it on FI''s hand?
I''ll see what I can do!
2.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Uhmm Lizzie... I''m pretty intrested in seeing how the band looks on your husband too. I ordered a 6.5 mm band two weeks ago, and I''ve been wondering if it''s too big or not. The rings look good together though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results